MAC - Style Black Discussion

User38

The dark red/ purple lippies are much easier to dupe than a light shade cause you can mix a dark purple, burgundy or magenta lippie and put a blackberry lustre (there are a bunch on the market) and get a similar effect -- I say Similar, not exact -- to be honest, I am not sure how many women would really look good and not too goth with this shade of lips.

Kayraphat

Hysteria Lipstick is repromoting, I think it's the one used on model (middle lipstick).

a.bmp

shontay07108

I might not get the chanel quad b/c rumor is it costs an arm and a leg. However, the lipsticks and aqualumiere gloss is all mine. I regret not getting the lipsticks when they were originally released.

Kayraphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I might not get the chanel quad b/c rumor is it costs an arm and a leg. However, the lipsticks and aqualumiere gloss is all mine. I regret not getting the lipsticks when they were originally released.

Just a rumor but as I heard it'll be 95$!!!!

stv578

Ya, that Chanel quad is seriously gorgeous, but me and Chanel eye shadows don't have a very good relationship!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat

that is insane!! i've never bought Chanel before, is that a usual price for a wuad of theirs? i'm actually shocked!

elegant-one

Quote:
I need a release date for that chanel collection b/c I must plan on not buying anything else. My fellow chanel addicts will snatch this up with the quickness.

Did you see the New (well, I just got it in my email) just released Neiman Marcus Chanel collection! I just ordered the Fleurs highlight/blush compact
th_drool.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
that is insane!! i've never bought Chanel before, is that a usual price for a wuad of theirs? i'm actually shocked!

Yeah, they are def. high-priced - but it is Chanel. The quality is absolutely amazing. I now only use Chanel face cleanser/toner/moisturizer/serums - it has made the biggest visible difference in how my skin looks. haha - it makes a big difference when you're older
tong.gif

I will get a couple of the shadows in the SB collection

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Yeah, they are def. high-priced - but it is Chanel. The quality is absolutely amazing. I now only use Chanel face cleanser/toner/moisturizer/serums - it has made the biggest visible difference in how my skin looks. haha - it makes a big difference when you're older
tong.gif

I will get a couple of the shadows in the SB collection

I have several chanel items. Their glossimers are a dream. They, to me, are what dazzleglass should be. I have a tweed blush as well as 2 regular blushes, several lipsticks and their inimitable mascara is HG for me. I also love their perfume, Coco Mademoiselle. I am curious to try their skin care. I just love this brand. It is expensive, but I have disposable income and if it's quality, I can't argue.

Quote:

Yes. I read that it will be 95 dollars. I don't wear shadow enough to justify that. Their quads are usually around 54, I think. I have such a long wish list. If it's still around when I have the cash, then I will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Did you see the New (well, I just got it in my email) just released Neiman Marcus Chanel collection! I just ordered the Fleurs highlight/blush compact
th_drool.gif

I've seen it on the official chanel site and I almost spit soda all over my laptop. I NEED that compact. I love ordering from the chanel site because I love to get that gorgeous chanel box with a ribbon tied around it. It's insane how chanel sends me into a frenzy.

elegant-one

Quote:

I've seen it on the official chanel site and I almost spit soda all over my laptop. I NEED that compact. I love ordering from the chanel site because I love to get that gorgeous chanel box with a ribbon tied around it. It's insane how chanel sends me into a frenzy.

Isn't it Gorgeous!!!!

I really must try the Glossimers & mascara.

Darn! I cannot believe that I was so stupid as to not order it right from the Chanel site!
th_dunno.gif
I usually order my Chanel from NM because its free shipping & no tax.

You must try the skin care. Actually, its not that much more $$$ than some other skin care lines & the containers are large enough that it lasts a fairly long time. I will never ever use any other skin care now.

shontay07108

I know a few girls prefer the exceptionnel mascara, but I prefer inimitable. It's so amazing. Exceptionnel is trickier to apply, but it is gorgeous. And girl, the glossimers are number one on the to try list. They are insane. I love pigmentation, I love shimmer and I love beautiful packaging and this product has it all! I don't know what shades you love, but I love red. My fave glossimers are Hibiscus and eclipse. The aqualumiere's are supposed to be sheer, but thankfully, not on me. They are wonderful and not sticky at all.

And yeah, ordering from the chanel site is awesome. I can't tell you tax or shipping rates, because when I'm determined to buy, I just hit the button. LOL

elegant-one

Quote:

And yeah, ordering from the chanel site is awesome. I can't tell you tax or shipping rates, because when I'm determined to buy, I just hit the button. LOL

^
lol.gif

I am going to order right from their site next time! Thanks - I will try both. I love Pinks & Pinky reds. & Corals. They sound delicious

Risser

Quote:

$95? Actually, that is $98AUD (refer here)

Our price is $1940NTD (approx. $57USD), so I guess it will be $56USD as Les 4 Ombres
yes.gif

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I'd skip all of style black for that quad.

Me too. Since I have the Chanel lip sticks from this collection I may have to rethink the MAC MES for this quad. Knowing me I will get both....
mac_addict.gif

lindsey251

That Chanel quad is fan-freaking-tastic! But I can't justify spending $95 on 4 eye shadows that look about dime sized. So, MAC Style Black for me I guess;x

The Wishlist:
VAE
MES: Blue Flame, Young Punk
Glimmerglass: Blackware
Mattene: Night Violet, Midnight Media
CCB: Black, Bat Black

will probably change though

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey251
That Chanel quad is fan-freaking-tastic! But I can't justify spending $95 on 4 eye shadows that look about dime sized. So, MAC Style Black for me I guess;x

The Wishlist:
VAE
MES: Blue Flame, Young Punk
Glimmerglass: Blackware
Mattene: Night Violet, Midnight Media
CCB: Black, Bat Black

will probably change though

The $95 is in Aus. dollars. It's actually $56 in USD.
I've decided to skip the MAC lippies and save up moola for the Chanel lippies instead. I may B2M for a couple of the MES, but that is it. I'm a big Chanel hoar.
graucho.gif

lindsey251

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
The $95 is in Aus. dollars. It's actually $56 in USD.
I've decided to skip the MAC lippies and save up moola for the Chanel lippies instead. I may B2M for a couple of the MES, but that is it. I'm a big Chanel hoar.
graucho.gif

Ohh, thanks for clearing that up!
mac_addict.gif
, but I think I shall try some Chanel
winks.gif

shontay07108

I want all the lippies from style black and maybe a cream colour base and 2 of those paint sticks or whatever they're called (don't feel like looking it up now), I will stay far far away from that ash face product thing. I learned the hard way that mac face skin care and I do not mix. I have the blemishes to prove it.