MAC - Style Black Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
The $95 is in Aus. dollars. It's actually $56 in USD.
I've decided to skip the MAC lippies and save up moola for the Chanel lippies instead. I may B2M for a couple of the MES, but that is it. I'm a big Chanel hoar.
graucho.gif

well that's a bit better! i was going to say it's insane to charge so much for 4 tiny eyeshadows!

Nzsallyb

Chanel in NZ is even worse - the quads are NZD $112! i am definitely more excited about the style black MES. My list for this collection is:
-two MES (not too sure which ones yet, but i am limiting myself to max of two)
-both the volcanic ash products.

not too bad!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Did you see the New (well, I just got it in my email) just released Neiman Marcus Chanel collection! I just ordered the Fleurs highlight/blush compact
th_drool.gif

I have that highlighter! I bought it a month ago but only used it for the first time last Saturday because it looks so pretty in the compact.
love.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I have that highlighter! I bought it a month ago but only used it for the first time last Saturday because it looks so pretty in the compact.
love.gif

You have it!!! I was thinking the same thing, I'm not going to want to wreck those gorgeous flowers
smiles.gif

What do the colors look like?

I'm sooooo excited to get it!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
The $95 is in Aus. dollars. It's actually $56 in USD.
I've decided to skip the MAC lippies and save up moola for the Chanel lippies instead. I may B2M for a couple of the MES, but that is it. I'm a big Chanel hoar.
graucho.gif

Woot! See, I knew we were sisters
winks.gif

I'm getting that Chanel quad too - I'm glad it's not $95 - but I'll get at least 1-2 MES shadows also.

Bif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risser
$95? Actually, that is $98AUD (refer here)

Our price is $1940NTD (approx. $57USD), so I guess it will be $56USD as Les 4 Ombres
yes.gif

That's ridiculus! The exchange rate should only make it around $60AUS, plus shipping would only make it $70AUS - at the most.

The mark up is insane! Permanant MAC e/s are $32AUS here - that's double I believe.
angry.gif

/rant

Kayraphat

I'm getting:

- 3 MEs
- 2 lipglass
- 2 Nail Polish
- VAE -maybe backup this for the first time in my life LOL-
- one mattene
- VATM

It costs about ... $160. I need to cut down my Chanel list ^^

PinkBasset

That Chanel highlighter is beautiful! Also can't go wrong with a Chanel lipstick, those are seriously high in quality. The quad looks great and I might end up getting it, even though I would love Chanel eyeshadows to have a little more pigmentation to them, they all have been quite sheer IMO (atleast the colours in the quads).

From Style Black I'll be getting atleast the Cinderfella MES. If the glitter is very visible in these, I might think about buying one more. The Bat Black CCB is looking pretty. Also the mattenes are looking nice, but I think I will survive with the black and dark purple lipsticks that I already have considering I wear dark lips only in autumn and winter. But you never know what I will accidentally buy when visiting my MAC counter...
winks.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
I usually order my Chanel from NM because its free shipping & no tax.

Sign up for the Chanel e-mails. They have free shipping from time to time, and I think they always have free shipping for a $150 purchase, which wouldn't be hard to do if you're buying their skincare. I'm a big fan of Exceptionnel mascara, Joues Contraste blushes and Rouge Allure lipsticks (Naive and Discrete are my faves). The only glossimer I've really loved is Wild Rose.

SMMY

Quote:
Woot! See, I knew we were sisters
winks.gif

I'm getting that Chanel quad too - I'm glad it's not $95 - but I'll get at least 1-2 MES shadows also.

I know. I simply love Chanel Joues Contraste blushes and glossimers. Also love their lipsticks. When I saw Hysteria, I was
drools.gif
I also love that picture of the highlighting powder that you posted about. Dear jebus, that's gorgeous! I want the quad too. I know a lot of people hate Chanel quads, but I love how they look on my not-so-young eyelids. They look so flattering on me.
Chanel twins separated at birth, indeed.
th_LMAO.gif

I do actually plan to get a couple of the MAC MES from Style Black, (when I swore I'd never buy another MES again) but only plan to use them foiled. I'm hoping that applied wet, they'll have the same effect as some of the NARS e/s like Nightclubbing, but with the shimmer actually showing up. I need to get depotting ASAP so I can B2M for these. I'm interested in Young Punk, Gilt by Association and Blue Flame. Also interested in the grease paintstick, but need to see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Sign up for the Chanel e-mails. They have free shipping from time to time, and I think they always have free shipping for a $150 purchase, which wouldn't be hard to do if you're buying their skincare. I'm a big fan of Exceptionnel mascara, Joues Contraste blushes and Rouge Allure lipsticks (Naive and Discrete are my faves). The only glossimer I've really loved is Wild Rose.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm signing up today. I saw this bit about the mascaras for the collection and your post reminded me of it:

Quote:
-Inimitable & Exceptionnel de Chanel mascaras in Noir Obscur
Two new extra black mascaras created with iron oxide. Both in ''Noirs Obscur'' color - the blackest black. 3 dimensional effect with dark lush lashes. Inimitable for perfectly coated, curled lashes; Exceptionnel for thick, incredibly voluminised, velvety lashes thanks to plastic comb. Added pearl sheen to make them glossier.

I may actually cave and splurge on the Chanel Exceptionnel mascara as well.

elegant-one

fool.gif
*screams - there is sooooo much makeup to have!*

lol.gif
But really, it is the truth

Winthrop - Thanks dear!
I signed up for the Chanel email - woohoo
The Chanel site has some issues - lonnnnng load time - or is that just me

SMMY - you're so funny & cute - I love you
friends.gif

shontay07108

I had to breathe a sigh of relief the other day and realize that the style black collection is the last big collection I need to worry about. All of these other collections I have no interest in except D squared and the colour expansion, but they are small purchases. I have absolutely no interest in the holiday sets. I do have to buy the Chanel black collection, though. And theeen, I can get back to paying my bills and save up enough money for christmas time so I can let the drinks flow.
graucho.gif