MAC - Style Black Discussion

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitten
i didn't know you could b2m for the mes. i thought it was just the pots...

Each store seems to be different on this policy but my closest freestanding store will let me B2M mineralize eye shadows. I am counting on using my depots for this collection.

SMMY

Erine posted about the updated B2M policy at FS stores in the B2M thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we got a memo the other day at work with the updated list of freebies you can get with the extended B2M program at stores. here ya go!

lipstick (including special packaging)
slimshine
prolongwear
prolongwear lustre

lipglass (including special packaging)
lustreglass
lipgelee
plushglass
prolongwear gloss coat
dazzleglass
tricolour lipglass
see thru lipcolour

small shadow (including special packaging)(not pans)
MES

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Each store seems to be different on this policy but my closest freestanding store will let me B2M mineralize eye shadows. I am counting on using my depots for this collection.

for real! what the.......... i should ask about this. but its weird cuz they cost much more than the normal eyeshadows. so it would only make sense that dazzleglasses were b2mable - i wish..

LMD84

i wish we could back to mac for shadows and glosses in the uk! i love getting a free lipstick but sometimes it would be better if i could get a shadow from an new collection to help save my pennies!

kaylabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I might not get the chanel quad b/c rumor is it costs an arm and a leg. However, the lipsticks and aqualumiere gloss is all mine. I regret not getting the lipsticks when they were originally released.

On Temptalia the price is listed at $60. There are some nice pictures there too!
Chanel Noirs Obscurs Collection

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bif
That's ridiculus! The exchange rate should only make it around $60AUS, plus shipping would only make it $70AUS - at the most.

The mark up is insane! Permanant MAC e/s are $32AUS here - that's double I believe.
angry.gif

/rant

I'm actually surprised that the chanel quad isnt more! I remember when I bought a Chanel quad about 8 years ago and it was either $95 or $98 which means they havent gone up in price!

Which reminds me... I need to find that quad and have a play with it cos it's a gorgeous purple shimmery quad

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
You have it!!! I was thinking the same thing, I'm not going to want to wreck those gorgeous flowers
smiles.gif

What do the colors look like?

I'm sooooo excited to get it!

The three colours are peach, pearly white, and pale pink. When mixed, the overall colour is pinky peach. On my face, it acts as a pearly white highlighter. I've used it three times and the flowers are still flawless.
heart.gif

I can't wait to see the new chanel quad. It will be hard for me to resist buying it.

For Style Black, I may pick up Glit by Association and a glimmerglass.

NellyKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Wasn't Fantasticals part of the Halloween 08? I have a promo with part of the wording in it (see below). I also saw some face charts that were masks in the background.

Fantastical.jpg

Damn! I am dying to find out about holiday!

nice make up!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Shadowy Lady

Somehow this thread is relatively quiet :/ I don't know what to do with all my excitement for this collection...it's not like I can share it with my coworkers!!! (they're all males)

nursee81

I am liking this collection but I personally don't think it will be wearable for me. I want 1 of the MES, the brush (I lost mine), baby goth girl n/l, grease paint stick, VAE & VATM. So it will be a very small haul. Thank god.

BaDKiTTy69

I want at least 2 MES, Grease Paintstick, 2 n/p and VAE. Not sure about the lip products, will have to try them on first. But I am very excited about this collection. Cannot wait anymore)))

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Somehow this thread is relatively quiet :/ I don't know what to do with all my excitement for this collection...it's not like I can share it with my coworkers!!! (they're all males)

Aww...
th_hug.gif
You and I can go dance about it in the corner together!
party.gif

(it looks like we have room for a 3rd person in the dance party, if any of you out there are as flippin excited as we are!)

I don't think words are all that important in this case! This collection was love at first site for me. I won't even bother making a list here. I'm getting everything...and probably a few backups of the greasepaint stick. I'm over the moon excited for it to be released.

Ahh, Style Black!
fluffy.gif

Shadowy Lady

^^^ lol thanks
smiles.gif
I've been dreaming about this collection few times a week. It's been a looooong time since I've been excited for a MAC collection
greengrin.gif
all of 2009 collections were disappointments for me.

Just as I was getting swayed away to other brands (MUFE, Nars, Too Faced), I see the promo for style black, yummy!

Kayraphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
has any1 tried the too faced galaxy e/s

P202627_hero.jpg

there pretty pigmented and a good dupe for the mes imo ..
smiles.gif

They are basicly TF version of MES - less glittery and usually brown based. I liked their sheen back in Sephora but the colours were tad boring for my liking. Maybe I go back and try the pink swirled one. My local Sephora didn't have the navy/beige swirled one in pic, and as far as I see it's the most unique colour in the bunch.

Rinstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Aww...
th_hug.gif
You and I can go dance about it in the corner together!
party.gif

(it looks like we have room for a 3rd person in the dance party, if any of you out there are as flippin excited as we are!)
fluffy.gif

^ Me! Me!!!! I'm the third person!
drools.gif

I just haven't been on this thread much because I am so impatient for this to come out. Looking at the thread everyday drives me crazy!

Face2Mac

^^Well I am excited for the greasepaint and glosses.

But in general, I really just get excited when I hear about threesomes
winkiss.gif
j/k

Let's dance ladies
th_ymca.gif