MAC UK Interview Process & Demos

jodyspice

U.K- Passed my telephone interview 2/2/10 for MAC- what next?

Hi
I am quite new to this site and really quite new to MAC. Thanks to reading up on people's experiences I felt fairly confident during my telephone interview and although I was lacking in experience she said I made up for in passion.

I am waiting now for a phonecall from the area manager at the counter I have applied to to arrange a face to face interview and do a make-up test (Is that correct?).

I feel completely shell shocked really as I wasn't expecting to go through to the next stage and was doing it more for practise really. I'll just tell you a little about me so you can get a feel for where I'm coming from. (by the way, my internet connection is due to be switched so may be offline for 2 weeks -oh no).

I'm Jody, 28 years old from Greater Manchester, England. I have 4 little children aged 6,4,2 & 1 so have my hands really full. Looking for an outlet- Make-Up has always been my saving grace- kept me sane bringing up my brood ha-ha. I've been out of the working world now for 6 years so you can imagine how nervous I am about attending an interview at somewhere like MAC (especially as it's in one of the larger department stores).

Retail experience- not much
ssad.gif
..I tried to elaborate on my transferable skills from being at university, raising a family, *scraping the barrel a bit here* even mentioned p/t retail work I did in the hairdressing industry more than 10 years ago *shameful*.

Make-Up experience- I was born wearing lipstick :p..seriously though, again it's very limited. I'm on week 4 of a fashion & photographic make-up course. I am practising on the girls in class and a few friends but that's it really. I've taken some pics of my work but don't know what they are looking to see?

Passion- LOADS!!!!!!!!!!!

Brand awareness- not that much really, I have done about a years worth of research, had 2 make-overs by MAC, attended MAC seminars, watched MAC artistry in action videos etc.. I don't know the ins and outs of every product/collection, tool etc...

I am chasing a bit of a dream here? I'm just so shocked I passed my telephone interview.. Basicly, I'm hoping to find out the answers to the following questions:

* How do I wear my make-up on the day of the face 2 face interview?
(I'm pretty confident with the hair and clothing look- dress like a MAC employee right?)
* Do I wear lashes?
* Does everything have to be MAC? Silly Q I know but I don't have that much MAC to be honest.
* Can I keep my acrylic nails on?
* Can I wear earings?
* What do I bring with me to the interview?
* What questions wil I be asked?
* What can I expect? I.E Order of events- interview then demo? interview during demo?
* Do I even have a demo?
* Any recomendations for what looks to create?
* Do MAC provide all the brushes?
* Is it individual interviews and demos for the UK? (I have seen some posts that mention groups demos and model swapping)
* What kind of model should I bring if I am required to do so?
* How long does the whole process take?
* What time restraints are in place for doing the demos?
* Do they rip a page from a magazine and ask you to recreate it?
* Should I be fully competent in my ability to match my client to the correct foundation shade?
* What about sanitising standards? Do I need to bring a metal spatula & palette that can be sanitized with surgical spirit?
* Do I need to know all the products uses and names? Like what foundation gives fullest coverage? What's best for dry skin etc...?

I realise I have asked a million and 1 questions, I'm sorry to sound so naive. I do very much want to branch out and join thei make-up working world and where better to start out than MAC- Queen of the crop.

I really appreciate any advice at all, however small.

Thank you so much in advance X

jadezzzz

Mac Interview tomorrow!

Hi! was wondering if someone could help! i have a MAC interview tomorrow
cry.gif
as a supervisor in the uk, anyone have ideas on what i should wear on my eyes etc?
th_confused_new.gif

jadezzzz

interview tomorrow!

hi,i was wondering if anyone had any tips in general as to what i should wear as eye make up, clothing etc.. i have an interview as supervisor for MAC tomorow in the UK! help is appreciated!
th_confused_new.gif

temperaturerise

Re: Mac Interview tomorrow!

You're interviewing to be supervisor or you're interviewing with one? I'd say go for an understated, but still beautiful sculpted eye with a bomb a** winged out liner, and then maybe peachy cheeks and a bright lip?

ewokuk

anyone here work for MAC in selfridges in manchester? (or know someone that does)?

As subject says, just wondering if anyone works there, or has worked there in the last couple of years, or knows someone that works there?

I am trying to get in touch with someone I used to know that worked there.

thanks

ewokuk

Re: anyone here work for MAC in selfridges in manchester? (or know someone that does)

nobody?
ssad.gif

trying to get in touch with a MAC makeup artist there called Emma Newman, was quite a while ago, and I'm not sure if it was the trafford or exchange square store (as its not for me its for my wife).

PeachTwist

Re: anyone here work for MAC in selfridges in manchester? (or know someone that does)

No, sorry. I don't.

Simply Elegant

Try calling both stores to see if she still works there.

reenz27

M.A.C face to face interview uk pls HELP!!

Hello everyone....

ive just passed a telephone interview with estee lauder and now waiting for the regional manager to contact me regarding a face to face interview for a position at the M.A.C counter in the UK. Can anyone please tell me what sort of questions to expect and what the process is all about... im really nervous as i've heard that you have to do a make up demo.... just wandered what standards are you expected to portray at the interview???? Does the make up have to be flawless???? Any tips for the interview process????

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.... x

Indian beauty.........
th_LMAO.gif

JustDivine

Re: M.A.C face to face interview uk pls HELP!!

Hi!

There's loaaads of threads on this topic in the Industry/Working for cosmetics retailers section. Have a look....all the info you need is there!

And good luck! I work for another Estee Lauder brand also in the UK. I hope you get in!

reenz27

Thanks so much for the reply.... just reading thro all the posts now...lol xx.

Leigh-Cheri

Welcome! I'm new too. ^_^ Enjoy your stay!

And good luck with your interview! :O

specktra_rocks.gif

LMD84

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to the forum and good luck with your interview!

jodyspice

Hi, I work @ MAC Trafford, I'm pretty new though but I'll ask around
smiles.gif