MAC UK Interview Process & Demos

jadezzzz

MAC Interview

Hi everyone!!

Would really appreciate if someone could give a me a bit of advice as to what to expect from a face to face interview with MAC cosmetics? I have it in a few days.
nope.gif
Ive recently passed the telephone interview and the position is full time in the UK. Is the process really long?? I really want to do well!! Ive worked both free lance and as a retail artist too inthe past, Is there anything I should be prepared for?
th_confused_new.gif
th_confused_new.gif
Thanks. Xxx

AndSparkle

Re: MAC Interview

Have a look at this thread. It details other peoples experiences with interviews etc for MAC. Hope this helps, and good luck!
smiles.gif

jadezzzz

MAC Interview

Hi everyone!!

Would really appreciate if someone could give a me a bit of advice as to what to expect from a face to face interview with MAC cosmetics? I have it in a few days.
nope.gif
Ive recently passed the telephone interview and the position is full time in the UK. Is the process really long?? I really want to do well!! Ive worked both free lance and as a retail artist too in the past, Is there anything I should be prepared for?
th_confused_new.gif
th_confused_new.gif
Thanks. Xxx

MzzRach

We already have several threads dedicated to this topic - since you are in the UK, this post will be merged with that thread.

jennie81

Wow good luck! I have been working for MAC here in the states for about a month and it is the funnest job I have ever had! Dont do too much on your face. Make sure you wear all black. Make sure you blend, blend,blend....and do a lot of smiling! It took me about 3 weeks for the entire process of 3 interviews and one demo on my friend in front of a manager. I hope this helped

MAC ADDICTUK <3

Hoping to apply to Mac in the uk!!

Hi guys, ive just joined specktra and this is my first post!

Im in the uk, and seriously considering applying to mac for one of their retail artist positions in London.
Im a little hesitant as I dont have ANY previous retail experience, but am certain that I could sell MAC products to anyone since I am such a huge fan!

I do have experience in make-up and have been freelancing for the last year,but am not sure if this will be enough!

Can anyone shed a little light on their requirements,and if there are any mac artists from london on here i would really looove your advice!
th_confused_new.gif

jadezzzz

Thanks Jennie! I just want to get it completly right!! its frustating that the process is so long!! do they ask you alot of question in the interview? X
yes.gif

jadezzzz

Hi everyone! I have recently had an interview with MAC and passed to the demo..Ive done that too, now just waiting for a call back! does anyone know how long the process takes between interviews for the UK? It will be 2weeks soon. Hope you can help!! Thanks.xxx
cutey.gif

Wahoo I got the job!!!!!!!!! So So pleased!!! Thanks everyone for your help!!! xxxx
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

lolcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadezzzz
Hi everyone! I have recently had an interview with MAC and passed to the demo..Ive done that too, now just waiting for a call back! does anyone know how long the process takes between interviews for the UK? It will be 2weeks soon. Hope you can help!! Thanks.xxx
cutey.gif

I'm afraid I don't know, but best of luck! What did they make you do in the demo? Mine is next week, very nervous.

jadezzzz

Basically she asked me to do a day look and she stressed the day I didnt have to do a whole face,just eyes and foundation she wanted to see my interaction with my model and how I would treat her as a customer. I picked out colours for her eyes and a foundation, had 30 minutes to do it and all I can say is talk talk talk!!! during the 30 minutes she asked me quite a few questions, some that had already been asked in the previous interview?? Make sure you sanitise everything! she will show you their sanitising process for lipsticks and such. Thats it really its not to difficult just think everything through as you go along! Good Luck!!!
thmbup.gif

lolcats

Quote:
Basically she asked me to do a day look and she stressed the day I didnt have to do a whole face,just eyes and foundation she wanted to see my interaction with my model and how I would treat her as a customer. I picked out colours for her eyes and a foundation, had 30 minutes to do it and all I can say is talk talk talk!!! during the 30 minutes she asked me quite a few questions, some that had already been asked in the previous interview?? Make sure you sanitise everything! she will show you their sanitising process for lipsticks and such. Thats it really its not to difficult just think everything through as you go along! Good Luck!!!
thmbup.gif

Ah thank you for this. It seems like most of the UK interviews have been doing day looks? I'm hoping anyway. Anyway thanks again and best of luck for you, let us know when you find out!!!

Emilye_b

Quote:
thmbup.gif

Hey! Have me interview and demo Thursday did u have to take a portfolio and what questions did they ask you at interview do you have to go through product knowledge when doing your demo

Latest posts