MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

lovesongx

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Temptalia's screenshots:
15nxi83.jpg

16gx6w4.jpg

2browneyes

So, after reading this thread I had to take a short break so my pressure could go down. My heart started beating SO FAST when I saw this thread!!!!! Too excited for words about this. So happy that we have till September to save. Guess August will be my month to save for back to school shopping for my son and September will my my month for MAC!!!!!!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Rinstar

I REALLY wanted Cruella de Ville and Maleficent, so that's good. But I was also hoping for Jafar. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie and he is such a good villain!!! Colorful too!

aeroerin

I am SO ridiculously excited for this collection. Sure, the villain from Princess & the Frog was a bit out of the blue, but I LOVED that movie, so I'm interested to see what they choose for his part of the collection. I'm THRILLED that MAC (wisely) picked Maleficent for the collection. I'd be livid if she weren't!

Okay, they HAVE to do some freaking BA packaging for this collection! I can see shiny black packaging but with red, green, purple, or blue (?) glimmer/sheen depending on the character, maybe with some white script for the "MAC" label. I would say a gothic/victorian pattern, but Baroque Boudoir already had that... and I doubt MAC would release 2 victorian-patterned collections within a year of each other!

Miss QQ

yahoo.gif
I'm saving from today for this collection! I have to pass a few collections for this. There will be lipstick, lipgloss, powder and blush, but no eyeshadows? I'm a little disappointed. I hope the powders will not be oversprays.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I am hoping for some amazing colors,this has so many possibilities.MAC,you better not have a bunch of perm shades in this!

yuck, perm stuff would be annoying. I alreday have most of what I need from the perm line anyway. I really am hoping for some unique products

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
choochoo.gif

The Princess & the Frog villain definitely sticks out like a sore thumb amongst all the old-school, classic villains. I didn't see the movie, so I have no opinion on the movie itself, but its inclusion in this collection seems a little strange considering that, well, the movie was a box-office disappointment.

I can see why Disney would want to build interest in it with this collection, but what a disappointing addition. Hopefully, none of his stuff will be on my wishlist.
tong.gif
I only want the "real" villains!

I disagree, I saw the movie (loved it) and he's a cool character. He's very colourful and lotsa fun. I actually think his part has the most potential. As other ladies mentioned before me, I think it's nice that the included a character from the recent years. The classic vilains are great but you want to keep things fresh.

lovesongx

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I would've loved to see Ursula, too. Butttt...MAC is notorious for anniversary collections, so maybe they'll do an anniversary with more villain. Lol, listen to me theorizing on the anniversary of a collection that was just announced.
lol.gif

NYFW made mention of a My Black Magic MES that would fit perfectly with this collection, and the timing would make this the Style Black follower. As for the $29.50 items, I'd guess a compact of some sort, as well. I'm pretty sure there will be no quads for this, as many have pointed out, those are $36.

I would love a Disney Princesses follower with Snow White, Jasmine, Belle and Ariel!

marusia

I'm thinking...that Maleficent will be crazy coral/orange (something super bright)...The queen , obviously candy apple red color, Cruella will be something red as well. As far as the Princess & Frog, it will be more neutrals or something fantastic for WOC.

I'm more excited about this collection than any other this year.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
I'm thinking...that Maleficent will be crazy coral/orange (something super bright)...The queen , obviously candy apple red color, Cruella will be something red as well. As far as the Princess & Frog, it will be more neutrals or something fantastic for WOC.

I'm more excited about this collection than any other this year.

hhhmmm i was thinking of the following colours- (i love seeing what people are coming up with for colour schemes!)
Maleficent - purple, green and orange
Cruella - red, black and white with some turquose
snow white queen - reds of various shades and maybe coral
dr vodo man - black, red and purple

i want some awesome textures too please mac!

marusia

I just don't understand why there isn't any eyeshadows in this collection!
thmbdn.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I just don't understand why there isn't any eyeshadows in this collection!
thmbdn.gif

oh no! are there not? i thought there may be a trio of shadows like heatherette and edna....

marusia

I haven't seen anything about them. I sure hope they do have them!

LMD84

Quote:
I haven't seen anything about them. I sure hope they do have them!

hhhmmmm just read some info again and it just says, powder, lipstick, gloss and i think something else.... well i hope that they are keeping it very close to their chest and that we will see some shadows!

Senoj

I'm excited! I always love Mac's creativity in their collections.

kdolll

OMG I am sooo excited for this.. SPECIAL PACKAGING PLEASE!!!! I AM PRAYING!
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdolll
OMG I am sooo excited for this.. SPECIAL PACKAGING PLEASE!!!! I AM PRAYING!
greengrin.gif

there must be! it'd be silly if there wasn't any! it's disney for goodness sakes!!!! i need special packaging which is awesome looking!

lovesongx

Someone asked Christine this:
"It says “Lipstick, powder, lip gloss and blush shades will be sold”. No mention of eyeshadow?"

and she replied:
"This is preliminary information – we really don’t know what will or won’t be released until a later date."

So hopefully we'll get some eyeshadows, maybe trios!

MzzRach

I hope there is an eyeshadow called Malificent's Mystery or Malevalence, or some such....

Junkie

K, so I JUST saw this on perezhilton.com (I know, I know lol) and almost had a heart attack! I couldn't log onto Specktra fast enough to look in this thread! Hahahah! I love it
smiles.gif