MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

emzy

Love the color but I don't know if it would look great on me :/ I wonder how it looks like compared to Playtime from Quite Cute...

0missjones

I know for sure I'm getting that lipstick! Might get the lipglass too although it looks a lot like Revlon's Lilac Pastelle gloss. Does anyone have both? I'd love a comparison swatch. 
That's what I was thinking too. I have that gloss but I will for sure be picking up the lipstick.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I'm considering getting a BU of Nicki 1 l/s and l/g. Love that one!

I'm afraid Nicki 2 won't look good on me... I suppose I could make it work by using a lip liner underneath, but for now I say it's a skip for me.

bluelitzer

As a lover of all things purple, violet, lilac, lavender and all colors in between and similae thereto I WILL GET THIS!!!
dothewave.gif

ChosenOne

Although this isn't exactly what I was picturing doing, it's funny that one of the first pics of this lippie on is an ombre look because I was thinking the only way I would ever be able to pull VGN2 off is if I incorporate it into an ombre look. So many ideas!

erine1881

Although this isn't exactly what I was picturing doing, it's funny that one of the first pics of this lippie on is an ombre look because I was thinking the only way I would ever be able to pull VGN2 off is if I incorporate it into an ombre look.  So many ideas!
:lol:

OctoberViolet

I was kinda hoping this would be out with the Archie Girl's collection so I can do one big order instead of one here and then the rest. I like the lippie, but am still going to complain that I wish it had a tad more blue in it instead of pink. Oh well. One of these days us blue violet loving lipstick wearing ladies/guys will get out wish.
angelic.gif

JadeAudrey

I watched Nicki Minaj's "Va Va Voom" music video the other day and it looked like in some of the parts of the video that she was wearing this lipstick! It doesn't look too bad on darker skintones.. I mean, she can pull it off because she's very bright with her style & makeup but for someone who's fair/olive skin toned (like me) I don't think I can. Lol.

martiangurll

I watched Nicki Minaj's "Va Va Voom" music video the other day and it looked like in some of the parts of the video that she was wearing this lipstick! It doesn't look too bad on darker skintones.. I mean, she can pull it off because she's very bright with her style & makeup but for someone who's fair/olive skin toned (like me) I don't think I can. Lol.
You won't know untill you try. I have yellow undertones and I like St. Germain and Quite Cute, but I think the key is to pair them with the right blush and eye make up. Where it sort of goes bad is when the lippy has too much white pigment in it and gives the appearance that you put concealer on your lips. (or in the words of a funny lady here, like you smoked crack then ate a package of powdered donuts) I think fairer ladies have less of a problem with this, unless their lips are really pigmented. If it didn't look like "concealer lips" on Nicki, it probably won't be too bad on you. (Fleshpot looks like this on me, unflattering to say the least)

I am not a fan of having to use a lipgloss to make a lipstick work, but if you really want the product (its for a for a good cause), sometimes you can layer gloss on top and cancel out an unflattering tone--e.g. I like to layer a pink gloss over some of my nude lippies if they pull to orange on me but sometimes that is more work than I want to do (or if jacks up the finish) so I just wait for a color I do like that I don't have to mess with. I think we just have to wait for the bloggers to do some swatches on the lips to know before we try it. I am not sure layering any gloss over a lippy that has too much white pigmentation will fix it, so if I see lip swatches that look like concealer lips, I will know to skip this one, but I am trying to keep an open mind until I see those swatches.

ma146rina

I like the lipgloss but not the lipstick. Does that make me weird?
just a little don't worry
cutey.gif
.you're not into purple?
the gloss reminds me of Cinestyle from Reel sexy.i'll get the lipstick for sure and the lipglass as a gift.spending makeup money for a good cause makes me happy
sneaky.gif
and i love purple
heart2.gif