MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

xasperadastra

I haven't realized that either!!

Well, If the stacks cost here 40 euros or so, I'm gonna send the one who decides the prices straight to hell
angry.gif
greengrin.gif

In Italy Surf Baby stacked costed 38/39 euro! I don't think they cost less in Greece :(

kisou

Well that answers that one for me xD I was planning on just getting the pearl glides because I actually haven't tried them before... and nah. I like using liner on my waterline and if it's a no-go, why bother?

I'm sort of tempted by the plushglasses but there's nothing really stand-out so far for me. Pretty Plush seems like a cute everyday color, though, so I might just get the one~ But if I see it just disappears into my face (NC 20), I'll skip the collection altogether.

Sappheiros

In Italy Surf Baby stacked costed 38/39 euro! I don't think they cost less in Greece :(

icon_eek.gif
Here, I think the Surf Baby ones were 35! So I guess the Vera ones would be at least 38 to 40 euros.. (like with fix+, the price was 17,50 and suddenly it went 19 euros
smash.gif
)

I'm gonna buy them anyway, but it would be just these two stacks! oh well...

Pinkdollface

icon_eek.gif
Here, I think the Surf Baby ones were 35! So I guess the Vera ones would be at least 38 to 40 euros.. (like with fix+, the price was 17,50 and suddenly it went 19 euros
smash.gif
)

The surf baby stacks where 35 here as well, but the dazzlesphere ones where only 33 euro. A dutch blog has the vera ones listed as 33,50 euro, so let's hope that's true.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The pigment stacks in Canada have actually only gone up a couple of bucks- from $38 to $40. I'm more curious to know why the Plushglasses are $22.50 rather than the usual $17.50... I'm already not thrilled with how sheer those things are, but at $5 more per unit, there's no way I'll even look at them.

MACina

Are they really????
Oh no....I do not want to know how much they will be here then....that is really a big price rise!

The pigment stacks in Canada have actually only gone up a couple of bucks- from $38 to $40. I'm more curious to know why the Plushglasses are $22.50 rather than the usual $17.50... I'm already not thrilled with how sheer those things are, but at $5 more per unit, there's no way I'll even look at them.

LMD84

yeah in the uk they are stupid expensive! i wanted more from the quite cute collection but sadly could only afford one because of the silly price difference!

CoralBlast

icon_eek.gif
smash.gif
)

actually i just checked i bought my surf baby stuff in greece( sometimes i get them from germany as well ) and i make inventory so the
crushed metal pigments costed 39 euros, hibiscus lipstick was 19 euros, the eyeshadows were 18 euros each and my paradise was 30 euros.
plushglasses from quite cute were 19.5 euros hope that doesnt change.

i have been feeling overwhelmed by prices and products, i think mac should consider the economic crisis maybe release smaller or fewer collections- i dont know i feel i dont have enough time to enjoy the stuff i have and i am already looking at buying more, make up shouldnt be stressful but i guess business is business if you dont it buy someone else will right ?

Sappheiros

actually i just checked i bought my surf baby stuff in greece( sometimes i get them from germany as well ) and i make inventory so the
crushed metal pigments costed 39 euros, hibiscus lipstick was 19 euros, the eyeshadows were 18 euros each and my paradise was 30 euros.
plushglasses from quite cute were 19.5 euros hope that doesnt change.

i have been feeling overwhelmed by prices and products, i think mac should consider the economic crisis maybe release smaller or fewer collections- i dont know i feel i dont have enough time to enjoy the stuff i have and i am already looking at buying more, make up shouldnt be stressful but i guess business is business if you dont it buy someone else will right ?
So, I did remember wrong :(
The prices in Surf Baby collection were a little higher than usual because of the special packaging, usually the prices are: l/s 18, eyeshadows and lipglasses 17 euros. So, I hope the pigments won't be so pricey..
I feel exactly the same, I adore mac but sometimes I feel they're overdoing it with the number of collections they're launching! Here, Daphne Guinness came 2 weeks ago, and we're expecting now in February Naturally along with Iris Apfel and Viva Glam! Fewer collections will be better, like every 2 or 3 months maybe, so that we can enjoy more the products we get! But as you said, business is business!

Question, do you live in greece? I'm asking because the greek mac site doesn't have the option to make an online order.

katred

Specktra Bestie
yeah in the uk they are stupid expensive! i wanted more from the quite cute collection but sadly could only afford one because of the silly price difference!

Just from a marketing perspective, Mac should change the packaging so that it looks less like the regular lip glasses. The fact that they appear so similar invites the comparison and I don't find that they have a good story for why one is a good 30% more than the other.

Mac-Guy

Just from a marketing perspective, Mac should change the packaging so that it looks less like the regular lip glasses. The fact that they appear so similar invites the comparison and I don't find that they have a good story for why one is a good 30% more than the other.

Is this the only product that became so expensive or did MAC increase all the prices significantly in Canada? In any case, it sucks!

MRV

Temptalia's records say that Quite Cute's Plushglasses were 22 in Canada, so they have just a regular rise. Plushglasses must have cost everywere much more than regular l/g, our QC p/g were 23 euros, and regular ones were 19 euros in 2011. (The Surf Baby pigments were 36 euros).

LMD84

exactly! they really should do because to me it's paying an extra £4 on something when i shouldn't be! stick them in a long tube like dazzleglass and i'll happily buy it! lol!

VeXedPiNk

I think teh pattern on the pearlmattes is so cute. I hope it won't deter me from using it, but I bet it does. It will be a product I sit and look at the prettiness for weeks before I use it.
wacko.gif
Hahaha, totally!! I honestly don't think I could bring myself to use it!

Mac-Guy

exactly! they really should do because to me it's paying an extra £4 on something when i shouldn't be! stick them in a long tube like dazzleglass and i'll happily buy it! lol!

I guess the extra money goes for the burning tingling sensation. LOL