MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

liba

Burn baby burn. I heart the plush glass. I don't know if it actually plumps my lips or if it just makes me stick them out all pouty because of the tingling sensation. I like the taste, oddly. The price hike is a bit of a burn though, not in a good way. I know I want the purple one and the orange one. If I have to cut back, I will skip the stacker pigments and hope to score those later at CCO prices.
They work for me too - I doubt they plump the actual lip tissue....I think they just stimulate the area and along with the nice fragrance, that lets you let go of the tension in those tiny muscles, letting the 'old lips relax back into youthful pouty time (as best as possible, lol).

I'm a huge proponent for being vigilant about keeping your face muscles relaxed with good circulation and know a lot of self-massage techniques and acupressure tricks and do them pretty much every day. It's the best beauty treatment, for sure, but fun lip glosses that tingle don't hurt either
grouphug2.gif

As for what I'm gonna buy in this collection, the purple and hot pink plushglasses, maybe the orange one too if it's the right shade, and a new Industrial or two (I love it way more than Undercurrent with my eye color). I've been trying to talk myself out of the pigment stacks because I feel like I need to cut down on the sparkly eye products already
angelic.gif
. I really love the Crushed Metals for nighttime looks, though - they're so gorgeous and you can get fabulous iridescent, two-tone effects when you use them over the right base (if you have the big bounce shadows, those are a match made in heaven under crushed metals). I haven't been going out much this past year, so all my evening makeup's been sort of sitting around collecting dust, BUT I just met someone new I'm going out on a date with this week and if we hit it off, it'd mean a lot more out on the town time coming up. Whee! More excuses to get Butterfly Party!
devil.gif

Also, that swatch shot of the pink stack is making me crazy because it's not as similar to the original pink Spring Forecast pink stack as I thought it'd be - it looks a lot cuter than that one.....so tempting.
holysheep.gif

Icecaramellatte

Back from a Mac party and I was surprised to see the Vera Collection. I had hoped it wouldn't be there cause I didn't want to get so much stuff. Well, I got Aloha and Butterfly party. Mac-Guy was right. Butterfly Party look like Lou colors! They were very pretty. I just couldn't leave them there. The pink stack was not in sight. I'm glad because I may have caved. I love the Crush Metals. I didn't get any Pearlglides. Pearlglides are my fave but I didn't think I could buy all of them again as backups and I couldn't make up my mind about which one to get. I think I already have a back up of one of the black ones already. I'm just hoping they are permanent and that Mac will bring back the other Pearlglides permanently. Almost Noir, Bankroll, Spare Change and all the others. Oh and I swiped the powders on my hand with a tissue - just couldn't fight my way to get a proper applicator. Didn't float my boat. I would have to see how these are used. Oh yeah, I bought the 2 nail colors. One of them looks kind of plain now. I thought it was more grey. But maybe it was because of that pink drink I had at the party. Hey, do the drinks help people loosen there wallets?

singer82

I am soooo excited about the Butterfly Stack. It has all of my fav colors in it! Teals and Purples are the ones I seem to buy more than any other colors, but they get a lot of use so they dont go to waste. I love the nail colors but find MAC's creme polishes hard to work with.

Mac-Guy

I'm not really a tech person, so I don't really know, but I'm glad you found the products. At least, on Pro, there is no rush grabbing the products within seconds. Happy hauling!

LMD84

I am soooo excited about the Butterfly Stack. It has all of my fav colors in it! Teals and Purples are the ones I seem to buy more than any other colors, but they get a lot of use so they dont go to waste. I love the nail colors but find MAC's creme polishes hard to work with.
yup - teal and purple are my favourite combination!!

ladyarwen

Methinks I'm going to just skip this collection entirely and come back for a couple of Pearlglides later.