MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

martiangurll

I am getting Butterfly Dream (purple plush)
Industrial, Black Swan and Undercurrent fluidlines.

I shopped, shopped, shopped too much the other collection to afford much more of this one.

iheartangE

I looooooove how the collection looks as a whole. The rainbow gradient of colors is so gorgeous! I want to get everything just so I can store it all together and stare at it while I'm getting ready in the morning...
eyelove.gif

Mac-Guy

I'm glad I got it then, I love anything glowy on my cheeks!

Depending on your complexion, you can wear is for an all-over-glow. IMO, it's much more a face powder than a blush, especially as the pigmentation is moderate. But it adds a lot of glow to the skin in a much more sophistacted way than MSF Blonde or Redhead as there are no glitter chunks. The "pearl" component is a soft focus effect. It's perfect for my NW15-20 skin and I already BU-ed both of them several times.

martiangurll

Depending on your complexion, you can wear is for an all-over-glow. IMO, it's much more a face powder than a blush, especially as the pigmentation is moderate. But it adds a lot of glow to the skin in a much more sophistacted way than MSF Blonde or Redhead as there are no glitter chunks. The "pearl" component is a soft focus effect. It's perfect for my NW15-20 skin and I already BU-ed both of them several times.

The real question I have is how many BU did you get Mac-Guy? This tells me how much you loved it and if I need to get it. ;)

PrettyKitty

That's even better! :) Sometimes I find the Blonde/Redhead a little too sparkly, I like when it's pearly like the beauty powders or even softer like the shaping powders.

MrsB

This is great to hear. I skipped both redhead/blonde for that reason, I dislike too much glitter as I find it can make my pores look huge. I plan on purchasing both pearlmattes, and I'm hoping for a glowy effect and I'm nc20. I do want a fair bit from Vera. Includes both pearl mattes, black swan, black line, fashion fanatic, on a holiday, pretty plush, and midsummers dream :)

makeupgrrl

I looooooove how the collection looks as a whole. The rainbow gradient of colors is so gorgeous! I want to get everything just so I can store it all together and stare at it while I'm getting ready in the morning...
eyelove.gif

Me too...the colors are gorgeous and they all work so well together. I especially love the pigment stacks!

Mac-Guy

The real question I have is how many BU did you get Mac-Guy? This tells me how much you loved it and if I need to get it. ;)

Honey, you know me too well. I only got two of each, but there is a good likelihood that I will grab another pair.

Mac-Guy

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
Stealing and/or plagiarism isn't cool, the content author appreciates it!
[/h]

We are probably all in agreement that the colors of the p/g are absolutely stunning. They are one of the most long-wearing MAC formulas besides the MAC Powerpoints. They have more depth than the p/p due to the larger glitter, but unfortunately, my waterline does not appreciate them too much. I would take all of them, but I can't overdo them as my eyes will literally scream at me. However, a BU of Undercurrent is a must. I recommend storing these in a beauty fridge and keep the cap locked tightly. If not, they will dry out much faster over time.

Mac-Guy

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
[/h]

Some thoughts on the Vera Pearlmattes: First of all, I don't think I will be able to capture them on camera unless it's a really sunny day, but at the moment, it doesn't look like the weather will change any time soon. Even then, it might be difficult to capture the glow that these products give. In the same way as MSF's or other highlighters can't be swatched/photographed, Pearlmattes don't do well in pictures.

Having said that, it is imperative that you try it out in the store or go with your gut feeling. What I love about them is that they have the slightly matte soft focus of Elude plus a hint of color that you might get from a beauty powder such as Play it Proper , which brightens my complexion in the most youthful manner. They are not pigmented enough to work as a blush, though if you are very pale, it might work, but these are really intended to work as a highlighter or all-over-glow. Generally, I would say that Flower Fantasy is more warm whereas Sunday Afternoon is more cool-toned. However, they work both well on me and depending on my FOTD, I will wear one or the other. I love to use the Gareth Pugh 182 or the 179 brush to blend these out, followed by the 169 to emphasize any areas that need additional highlighting. In comparison to the Blonde and Redhead MSF, these are superior - at least IMO - as you do not have to deal with the glitter that comes along with those two particular MSF.

Finally - and this is a bit of a
soapbox.gif
-moment - I'm surprised to watch or read reviews where people complain about the lack of pigmentation of the Pearlmattes. As these are tinted highlighters and/or all-over-healthy glow powders, they are not supposed to be highly pigmented. They are not a blush, although a very pale beauty might use them as such. I simply love the pigmentation as it is just the perfect amount of color to add a healthy glow without being too colorful.

Urmi

I agree and I love my pearlglides I got from the last collection. In your opinion, if I only had to get 1 this time which one would you pick: black line or designer purple?

heart.gif
[/h]

We are probably all in agreement that the colors of the p/g are absolutely stunning. They are one of the most long-wearing MAC formulas besides the MAC Powerpoints. They have more depth than the p/p due to the larger glitter, but unfortunately, my waterline does not appreciate them too much. I would take all of them, but I can't overdo them as my eyes will literally scream at me. However, a BU of Undercurrent is a must. I recommend storing these in a beauty fridge and keep the cap locked tightly. If not, they will dry out much faster over time.

lyseD

MAC Guy, I have never used a pearlmatte and recently got the two beauty powders from Glitter and Ice.

I'm not quite sure how to use either of these products. Do you put them all over the face? On the cheekbones? Any advice would be great, especially before I go see Vera.

Thanks for your help.

Mac-Guy

MAC Guy, I have never used a pearlmatte and recently got the two beauty powders from Glitter and Ice.

I'm not quite sure how to use either of these products. Do you put them all over the face? On the cheekbones? Any advice would be great, especially before I go see Vera.

Thanks for your help.
The G&I b/p are more shimmery than the Pearlmattes. I would use How Beautiful with a very light hand all-over applied over a bronzer with Snowglobe as a highlighter.

The Pearlmattes have more of a soft focus finish. In all case, blending is the key.

SatelliteDrmr

I want Butterfly party in a bad way. I love those colours!! I never touch my spring colour crushed metal stacks though, because no matter how I apply them, or how I prime my eye, they just crease terribly on me.

The joys of oily lids, and watery eyes..
puke.gif