MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

Mac-Guy

I am debating the Butterfly Party stack. The colors are gorgeous but I have the teal stack from SB and don't use it often. Someone made a comment to me about "women my age" not wearing glitter/sparkle anymore and I haven't used it since. I LOVE a bit of sparkle. I am only 46. My fun makeup days can't be over yet. It's not like I wear a full face of it.

It will look gorgeous on the lower lash line if you want a more subtle but still fun look. Go for it!

liba

You know, I'm gonna say *F* that, cuz I'll be 100 and sparkle til I die >;D I don't think its fair that people make judgements towards other people just because they don't know how to make it work for themselves/even know how to put make up on (nicely) or don't like it on themselves. They project their negativity towards others. Glitter, sparkle and shine can work for anyone. It just depends on how you make it work for yourself. My mother is over 50 and she rocks the sparkley glosses and I love it on her. I'm sure whatever you love will looks just as awesome. Some people can't appreciate make up as much as others. The butterfly stack looks amazing! Get it! :)

TOTAL AGREEMENT.

Wow, all I can add is whoever was trying to fill your head with that sludge is someone to watch out for! I'll admit I don't rock the full sparkle all the time now as I may have in the past, but for a night out or for a day where I'm wearing a beautiful ultra-feminine dress, it's Sparkles Ahoy! If I don't buy that stack it's only because I may already have all the colors other than that teal between the Spring Forecast pink stack, Surf the Ocean and the G&I stack with the blue pigment.

PrettyKitty

No question: designer purple! It's a vibrant and young color that is totally en vogue. It's much easier to find a dupe for a black liner, but purples are hard to find, especially when you look for an opaque color that is longwearing.

Damn, why oh why did I order Blue Petrol? I love purples, but I already have another purple pearlglide.. and I saw many beautiful dark blue smokey eyes lately, so I bought Blue Petrol. But now I kinda wish I bought Designer Purple.

Richelle83

You know, I'm gonna say *F* that, cuz I'll be 100 and sparkle til I die >;D I don't think its fair that people make judgements towards other people just because they don't know how to make it work for themselves/even know how to put make up on (nicely) or don't like it on themselves. They project their negativity towards others. Glitter, sparkle and shine can work for anyone. It just depends on how you make it work for yourself. My mother is over 50 and she rocks the sparkley glosses and I love it on her. I'm sure whatever you love will looks just as awesome. Some people can't appreciate make up as much as others. The butterfly stack looks amazing! Get it! :)
lmao.gif
So true!!!

missah

I just asked my friend to order me the Butterfly Party Stack and Black Line. I thought about designer purple but... I decided not to. For now anyways.
I'll probably pick it up later along with undercurrent and petrol blue, since its perm.

mac_aiken

OMG no Snookie! LOL
Trying to convince my 22 y/o daughter that if you look orange then you have the wrong bronzer on.
Thank you skin twin and hot smoking mama for your kind words.
friends.gif

TOTAL AGREEMENT.

Wow, all I can add is whoever was trying to fill your head with that sludge is someone to watch out for! I'll admit I don't rock the full sparkle all the time now as I may have in the past, but for a night out or for a day where I'm wearing a beautiful ultra-feminine dress, it's Sparkles Ahoy! If I don't buy that stack it's only because I may already have all the colors other than that teal between the Spring Forecast pink stack, Surf the Ocean and the G&I stack with the blue pigment.

singer82

They sound exactly what I was hoping! But my wallet isnt liking it LOL Do you think Flower Fantasy would still work for NC15? After this I need to lay off the highlighter type face products for a while.

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
Stealing and/or plagiarism isn't cool, the content author appreciates it!
[/h]

Some thoughts on the Vera Pearlmattes: First of all, I don't think I will be able to capture them on camera unless it's a really sunny day, but at the moment, it doesn't look like the weather will change any time soon. Even then, it might be difficult to capture the glow that these products give. In the same way as MSF's or other highlighters can't be swatched/photographed, Pearlmattes don't do well in pictures.

Having said that, it is imperative that you try it out in the store or go with your gut feeling. What I love about them is that they have the slightly matte soft focus of Elude plus a hint of color that you might get from a beauty powder such as Play it Proper , which brightens my complexion in the most youthful manner. They are not pigmented enough to work as a blush, though if you are very pale, it might work, but these are really intended to work as a highlighter or all-over-glow. Generally, I would say that Flower Fantasy is more warm whereas Sunday Afternoon is more cool-toned. However, they work both well on me and depending on my FOTD, I will wear one or the other. I love to use the Gareth Pugh 182 or the 179 brush to blend these out, followed by the 169 to emphasize any areas that need additional highlighting. In comparison to the Blonde and Redhead MSF, these are superior - at least IMO - as you do not have to deal with the glitter that comes along with those two particular MSF.

Finally - and this is a bit of a
soapbox.gif
-moment - I'm surprised to watch or read reviews where people complain about the lack of pigmentation of the Pearlmattes. As these are tinted highlighters and/or all-over-healthy glow powders, they are not supposed to be highly pigmented. They are not a blush, although a very pale beauty might use them as such. I simply love the pigmentation as it is just the perfect amount of color to add a healthy glow without being too colorful.

bis

I just asked my friend to order me the Butterfly Party Stack and Black Line. I thought about designer purple but... I decided not to. For now anyways. I'll probably pick it up later along with undercurrent and petrol blue, since its perm.
You will love Black Swan, a very soft texture and still amazing staying power, applies beautifully :love:

singer82

Ordered the Butterfly Stack and Sunday Afternoon matte powder. Thats all I am going to get from this collection. But am very excited for them both!

VampOwl

I can't wait to check this collection out in person! So far my list consists of:

Flower Fantasy matte powder
Aloha pigment stack
Undercurrent pearlglide
Industrial pearlglide
Black Line pearlglide

Do we know for sure if the pearglides will be perm or is it still up in the air?

sweetbabyblue

http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/re...-crushed-metallic-pigment-in-butterfly-party/

Kinda makes me regret asking for this..
the colours are gorgeous but the swatches! Horribble!!
But she shouldve patted the e/s not swiped it...

I'm not gonna judge based on these swatches because the others I've seen so far have been pretty good. The swatches of Strawberry Patch on the site was also..patchy (pun unintended) unlike the other swatches we've seen. So it may just be the swatching technique more than the product in this case? But then we won't know until we read the reviews by the swatchers as to their method -patting on vs swiping

rockin

Having just bought and swatched the pigments in the Berry Dazzlesphere from G&I, and seen for myself how beautifully they apply, I'm going to have to add the Butterly stack to my want list.

PrettyKitty

I just got my order, I'm so glad I bought the Pearlmatte powder! It gives a very soft glow, just like the shaping powders!

And the Blue Petrol pearlglide eyeliner is very pretty, but I find that I need to apply a couple of layers if I want it to be opaque. Is it just me? Also, I asked yesterday if these are waterline safe, but after seeing how glittery it is, I wouldn't even think about using it on the waterline. lol

Mac-Guy

I just got my order, I'm so glad I bought the Pearlmatte powder! It gives a very soft glow, just like the shaping powders!

And the Blue Petrol pearlglide eyeliner is very pretty, but I find that I need to apply a couple of layers if I want it to be opaque. Is it just me? Also, I asked yesterday if these are waterline safe, but after seeing how glittery it is, I wouldn't even think about using it on the waterline. lol
I'm so thrilled you like the pearlmattes. Did you get both of them?

And no, the p/g are not waterline safe. If you have sensitive eyes, I would only use them on the lower lash line.