MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

PrettyKitty

I'm so thrilled you like the pearlmattes. Did you get both of them?

And no, the p/g are not waterline safe. If you have sensitive eyes, I would only use them on the lower lash line.

No, I only got Flower Fantasy but now I wish I ordered both!!

Ohh really, only on the lower lash line? I have sensitive eyes.. is it because the glitters can fall in my eyes if I apply it on my lids? I wanted to smudge it on my lids and lower lashline and add a sparkly navy blue over it! I should have bought a greasepaint stick. hahaha

Piarpreet

Thank GOD a collection that doesnt attract me much. Just want the purple plushglass with blue glitter...and that's it! So glad allura had it on her blog!

PrettyKitty

It's prettier in real life.. I think she added a lot on her cheeks or maybe her skin is much lighter than mine because it's doesn't look warm like that on me, much more like a soft glow, not really colored.

temptatia has swatches for one of the pearlmatte facepowders up!

rockin

Temptalia has tweeted that she has received confirmation that the Pearlglides will be permanent

rockin

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-sunday-afternoon-pearlmatte-face-powder-review-photos-swatches

I do think she applies cheek products quite heavily to get them to show up on camera

martiangurll

I am debating the Butterfly Party stack. The colors are gorgeous but I have the teal stack from SB and don't use it often. Someone made a comment to me about "women my age" not wearing glitter/sparkle anymore and I haven't used it since. I LOVE a bit of sparkle. I am only 46. My fun makeup days can't be over yet. It's not like I wear a full face of it.
Honey, don't listen to that advice, it is simply crap from a small minded person who is obviously a jack a$$ and an age-ist. This is the 21st century and we dames of a certain age will wear what we wants to my precious. Sparkle if you wish. But I agree, don't go all Snooki on the bronzer, that doesn't look good at ANY age.

I am having skipper's remorse on both the Pearlmattes now. Maybe I will go back for that AND the butterfly party stack. Will probably depend on funds I suppose.

Mac-Guy

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
Stealing and/or plagiarism isn't cool, the content author appreciates it!
[/h]

If you love various shades of gold, the Aloha stack is a must-have!

Mac-Guy

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
[/h]

... and for taupe lovers, this is a dream come true. I
heart.gif
how elegant these colors come out on my complexion!

peachsuns

The color of Pearlmatte Face Powder pictures look quite different between on Temptalia and AlluraBeauty. Can anyone tell me which one is more accurate?
amuse.gif

liba

As much as I'm tempted to get the crushed metal stacks, I'm restraining myself to see them in person first. I know I've already got dupes for a huge chunk of the colors in my other stacks, but if there's even a slight cast to the colors that make them even cuter and more wonderful, I'm gonna break down. When the weather is sunny or you're out on the town at night, there's not much better than them!

liba

heart.gif
[/h]

If you love various shades of gold, the Aloha stack is a must-have!
Gold is pretty much the most beautiful color family for crushed metal pigments - perfect color to accentuate all the best qualities of the formula. I'm awaiting the day MAC brings us a rose gold and a golden coral CMP - I'll be on
th_e2cloud9.gif

liba

No, I only got Flower Fantasy but now I wish I ordered both!!
Ohh really, only on the lower lash line? I have sensitive eyes.. is it because the glitters can fall in my eyes if I apply it on my lids? I wanted to smudge it on my lids and lower lashline and add a sparkly navy blue over it! I should have bought a greasepaint stick. hahaha
Some of the colors are easier on the eyes than others because they don't all have glitter bits along with the shimmer. Industrial is really good for this. So is Designer Purple. Undercurrent and Lord It Up are sort of in the middle and I definitely get days where they're harsher or gentler on my eyes. The black ones are very glittery and need the most care to not be irritating, at least for me.

'Just be careful not to bring them too close to the tear duct area, especially if you're blending shadow over or smudging the line and you'll avoid the worst issues for sure.