MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

Urmi

Hey, I have oily lids too. Are you still going to get Butterfly? It's just soo pretty that I'm debating whether I should get it or not.

I want Butterfly party in a bad way. I love those colours!! I never touch my spring colour crushed metal stacks though, because no matter how I apply them, or how I prime my eye, they just crease terribly on me.

The joys of oily lids, and watery eyes..
puke.gif

Mac-Guy

I want Butterfly party in a bad way. I love those colours!! I never touch my spring colour crushed metal stacks though, because no matter how I apply them, or how I prime my eye, they just crease terribly on me.

The joys of oily lids, and watery eyes..
puke.gif

How did you apply them?

Richelle83

Just noticed the Pearlglides do not have the triangle beneath the name!

I only bought Butterfly Party for now, kinda need to budget a bit!

SatelliteDrmr

How did you apply them?
I tried them wet, dry, wet base, with dry on top, over UDPP, Nars primer, and paints. I tried to combine primer with paint. I didn't try Fix+, as I find it a bit slippery. I did try using simple eyedrops as a medium. No matter what I did, if it wasn't my oil, my eyes watering would wash them away. It's okay though. I just saved $40 CAD!

afulton

I picked up two of the pigment stacks: (Aloha and Butterfly Party). Both are very pretty. They have now joined my Surf the Ocean pigment stacks which I have yet to use.
w00t.gif

I had most of the other pearlglides besides Designer Purple, so I picked one up.

Mac-Guy

I tried them wet, dry, wet base, with dry on top, over UDPP, Nars primer, and paints. I tried to combine primer with paint. I didn't try Fix+, as I find it a bit slippery. I did try using simple eyedrops as a medium. No matter what I did, if it wasn't my oil, my eyes watering would wash them away. It's okay though. I just saved $40 CAD!

Sorry to hear that they don't work for you, but you are right, money saved.

I find they work best on a slightly tacky and rough texture, such as MES as the crushed metal can hang onto it. Using them wet is a no-go in my opinion as oil and water won't mix. In fact, using them wet is a recipe for a crease disaster, lol.

MAChostage

Mac-Guy, can these be worn by beauties of color, would you say?

[h=1]Do not link photos or reviews to other discussion forums or blogs without my explicit permission! If you obtain permission to (re)publish content and/or information obtained from this resource, please link & credit appropriately.
heart.gif
Stealing and/or plagiarism isn't cool, the content author appreciates it!
[/h]

Some thoughts on the Vera Pearlmattes: First of all, I don't think I will be able to capture them on camera unless it's a really sunny day, but at the moment, it doesn't look like the weather will change any time soon. Even then, it might be difficult to capture the glow that these products give. In the same way as MSF's or other highlighters can't be swatched/photographed, Pearlmattes don't do well in pictures.

Having said that, it is imperative that you try it out in the store or go with your gut feeling. What I love about them is that they have the slightly matte soft focus of Elude plus a hint of color that you might get from a beauty powder such as Play it Proper , which brightens my complexion in the most youthful manner. They are not pigmented enough to work as a blush, though if you are very pale, it might work, but these are really intended to work as a highlighter or all-over-glow. Generally, I would say that Flower Fantasy is more warm whereas Sunday Afternoon is more cool-toned. However, they work both well on me and depending on my FOTD, I will wear one or the other. I love to use the Gareth Pugh 182 or the 179 brush to blend these out, followed by the 169 to emphasize any areas that need additional highlighting. In comparison to the Blonde and Redhead MSF, these are superior - at least IMO - as you do not have to deal with the glitter that comes along with those two particular MSF.

Finally - and this is a bit of a
soapbox.gif
-moment - I'm surprised to watch or read reviews where people complain about the lack of pigmentation of the Pearlmattes. As these are tinted highlighters and/or all-over-healthy glow powders, they are not supposed to be highly pigmented. They are not a blush, although a very pale beauty might use them as such. I simply love the pigmentation as it is just the perfect amount of color to add a healthy glow without being too colorful.

Mac-Guy

Good question - I don't really have an answer as I haven't tried it on or seen it on a WOC. But my instinct tells me that the glowy effect will still be the same. These are really all-over-face highlight powders to create a healthy glow that doesn't look greasy. And the added color helps to avoid looking ashy. However, I'd recommend that you try them out in store if you are unsure.

mac_aiken

Was going to haul the Plushglasses but at $19.50 a pop I will pass. I can get a good NARS or Chanel gloss for just a couple of bucks more.

SatelliteDrmr

Sorry to hear that they don't work for you, but you are right, money saved.

I find they work best on a slightly tacky and rough texture, such as MES as the crushed metal can hang onto it. Using them wet is a no-go in my opinion as oil and water won't mix. In fact, using them wet is a recipe for a crease disaster, lol.
I'll give the old ones a go again tomorrow, and see how it works for me! I have a few MES kicking around.

Even if it works, I'll probably still pass on them, even though they're so beautiful! Spending $40 on a product (which is a great value, actually), and having to do so much to make it work devalues it.

Mac-Guy

No question: designer purple! It's a vibrant and young color that is totally en vogue. It's much easier to find a dupe for a black liner, but purples are hard to find, especially when you look for an opaque color that is longwearing.

HoneyMilk

I didn't get anything from this collection... yet.

I want Undercurrent and Designer Purple.. but my kitchen project (my actual kitchen, not Mac shop/ cook) quadrupled in cost!! I could just cry. Lipstick or wiring up to code? Eyeliner or fancy tile? hehehe ugh.

I guess it's good that the pearl glides are perm now.

Knope2012

I didn't get anything from this collection... yet.

I want Undercurrent and Designer Purple.. but my kitchen project (my actual kitchen, not Mac shop/ cook) quadrupled in cost!! I could just cry. Lipstick or wiring up to code? Eyeliner or fancy tile? hehehe ugh.

I guess it's good that the pearl glides are perm now.
The pearlglides are perm now? That's amazing! I don't have to worry about insanely backing up Undercurrent now. The pearlglides are the best liners I've ever tried.

Ahoyitslivvy

Been lurking for a while, but I absolutely adore the look of this collection - undercurrent, designer purple, butterfly party stack and maybe on a holiday are coming home with me! I wonder when beauty bloggers will be getting the collection to swatch :) I can't wait

mac_aiken

I am debating the Butterfly Party stack. The colors are gorgeous but I have the teal stack from SB and don't use it often. Someone made a comment to me about "women my age" not wearing glitter/sparkle anymore and I haven't used it since. I LOVE a bit of sparkle. I am only 46. My fun makeup days can't be over yet. It's not like I wear a full face of it.

lyseD

Thank you -- really a great help.

The G&I b/p are more shimmery than the Pearlmattes. I would use How Beautiful with a very light hand all-over applied over a bronzer with Snowglobe as a highlighter.
The Pearlmattes have more of a soft focus finish. In all case, blending is the key.

elegant-one

I am debating the Butterfly Party stack. The colors are gorgeous but I have the teal stack from SB and don't use it often. Someone made a comment to me about "women my age" not wearing glitter/sparkle anymore and I haven't used it since. I LOVE a bit of sparkle. I am only 46. My fun makeup days can't be over yet. It's not like I wear a full face of it.

th_roll1.gif
well at my age, I say
blah.gif
to that! I wear & do what I want regardless of what anyone says or "rules"
th_DANCE.gif

ok, well unless it makes you look like snookie

clslvr6spd

Glad to be back! & I am glad to see your gorgeous face momma! I still have noooooo clue what I want out of this especially if I am reading right that the pearl glides are perm?

MarieBella

When does this collection come out in stores? still on the 16th or did they change it to the 9th with S3/C3?

Babylard

You know, I'm gonna say *F* that, cuz I'll be 100 and sparkle til I die >;D I don't think its fair that people make judgements towards other people just because they don't know how to make it work for themselves/even know how to put make up on (nicely) or don't like it on themselves. They project their negativity towards others. Glitter, sparkle and shine can work for anyone. It just depends on how you make it work for yourself. My mother is over 50 and she rocks the sparkley glosses and I love it on her. I'm sure whatever you love will looks just as awesome. Some people can't appreciate make up as much as others. The butterfly stack looks amazing! Get it! :)