Nars Spring 2011

honybr

Thanks Curly1908 (are you an AKA? If not disregard.) Seeing those brief swatches makes me even more excited!

Rinstar

This will be on the NARS site on Saturday! Yay! I'm getting Calanque, Desperado, and Noveau Monde right away. Eventually I want Madere and Tzigane, but I have to wait til February for a new monthly make-up budget.

Honey&LemonGirl

Swatches of the collection from Yuki's Lazy Channel: http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/28100903

Looks like she swatched everything except the trio? I might have to pass on NARS Spring, nothing jumps out at me...
001_unsure.gif

Curly1908

Thanks for linking the swatches. I think I'm going to pass on Nana l/g. I honestly have too many deep reddish purple lippies. I think I'll swatch Tzigane l/s @ Sephora, and that's it. The trio is intriguing but I'm on neutral e/s overload. Blah!

Thanks Curly1908 (are you an AKA? If not disregard.) Seeing those brief swatches makes me even more excited!

You're welcome, and yes -- I am. :)

Curly1908

It looks like they put the collection up a day early: http://www.narscosmetics.com/Spring-2011-C676_collection.aspx

lunadestella

Thanks posting the link for the swatches :)

Bateau Ivre really jumped off the page for me. I really like it but I want to see what it's like in person first. Curly1908 you've got the right idea, definitely need to check this stuff out at Sephora first. Nothing is really screaming "OMG BUY ME RIGHT NOW!" for me but I'm sure it's all pretty. I'll just have to wait and see :)

Rinstar

Thanks for the link to the swatches. I hope that is only one coat of the nail polish shown. That's two coats, I am disappointed.

2browneyes

I was so tempted to place an order last night and this morning again. I am holding off for a minute until I can finalize my list in my head. Idk if this collection is available at Sephora just yet....I'd really like to play with it in person before I purchase anything.

MissAbbyLovesIt

Is the Nouveau Monde eye shadow duo going to become part of the permanent line? On temptalia, it only says "limited edition" next to the Bateau Ivre duo. Also, what about Madere?

Thanks!

Calla88

I do this too! LOL I think I have 5 envelopes with collection stashes. Hopefully nothing else will catch my eye. There are some lovely things in this collection I definitely want the eye pencils, lip glosses and at least one of the eyeshadow duos.

There are so many things I am saving for it's a shame! I have envelopes that I put a few $ in to save for different collections....I think I'll be up to like 6 envelopes by the end of the wk....where's the $ coming from so I can put it in the envelopes? LOL

2browneyes

^ I haven't seen this collection in Sephora yet. I was there on Sunday. I think I'll wait till it comes to the store. That way my NARS envelope will be a lil more padded in case I cannot live without a few things :)

shadowaddict

Quote:
Is the Nouveau Monde eye shadow duo going to become part of the permanent line? On temptalia, it only says "limited edition" next to the Bateau Ivre duo. Also, what about Madere?

Thanks!

I was wondering this also. On the NARS site it says exclusive. I usually get my NARS from Sephora. Anyone know?

Do they keep them exclusive a while and then release to other stores?