NARS Summer 2012

Ingenue

That is FABULOUS!
pompom.gif

Dominique33

It's matte but soft, smooth yes. I don't think it's chalky ( some eyeshadows from Urban Decay are just to compare ), I never found a " chalky " texture with NARS. But I don't have all duos and singles ! I have 4 trio eyeshadows and Ramatuelle is really like this : grey/white subtle result, soft peach shade and matte apricot.

afulton

Thank you for the code...I just placed an order. I couldn't resist. I ordered the Yachiko Kabuki Blush Brush and Liberte blush.

shontay07108

Thanks for the code. I ordered Liberte. I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's totally my color and I've been dying for a new Nars blush.

Monsy

I posted that code a while ago and everyone ignored me lol
girlhaha.gif

i was able to use it twice so far which is great! i really appreciate nars website having promotions like this, every time i order with a discount.

ninalovesmakeup

I was going to call them, but it was past the time they closed. I sent them an email asking if they could possibly apply it now. We'll see. If they do, they'll be great. If not, I'm still excited for the items. :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
More swatches! :)

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/nars-summer-2012-pics-and-swatches/

I'll get the duo and both lip pencils!
I think the third side of the trio is too orange for me.

By the way, it'll be only available at narscosmetics.com on the 13th, right?
Karen mentioned it'll be onto counters on the same day as Nars website, so that's why I'm confused and wondering. :(

jawdrop.gif
The swatches look even more beautiful than I was anticipating. The colour seems really rich across the board... Now I want just about everything. I can't get over how gorgeous Marie Galante looks. The purple shadow looks a little like a cooler version of Urban Decay Asphyxia. I basically want all the lip products now, but Vendanges is still top of my list.

cutemiauw

Aquamarine1543

More swatches and FOTD with Ramatuelle, Liberte, and Moscow:
http://makeupforlife.net/2012/04/nars-liberte-blush-review-swatches-photos.html
http://messywands.blogspot.de/2012/04/preview-nars-summer-2012-collection.html

Say, if I only can get two items from this collection, what would it be? I'm torn between Ramatuelle, Liberte, Never Say Never, Vendanges
hmm.gif

PS: for the European ladies outside UK and France, Nars has a free shipping promo for orders above 50 EUR until April 19th.

Thanks for the links!
I finally decided what I'll get. The duo and both lip pencils!!
I can give up now after I saw pics of the 2nd link, because my eyelids always look swollen or dark whenever I wear peach/apricot eyeshadows.:S
(Plus, I'm cool-toned girl.)

cutemiauw

^^ Funny that you said it, on the contrary mine looks fresh when I put on peach/golden tone and tired when I put on cool toned shadows (pinks, cooler green). Yeah, my skintone is really warm :D.

I looked at my picture archive and I realized that I rarely put on purple/lilac/pink toned lipstick. I have some (of course :p) but I just rarely reached for them except for Chanel Antigone. Hmm... I'm not 100% sure yet, but I guess now I'm leaning towards Ramatuelle + Liberte. I still need to see Ramatuelle on darker/warmer skin tone first though :/

Anneri

I just *knew* they would put out a free shipping code after I ordered my palette! *headdesk*

I'm really annoyed with NARS/UPS right now - they tried to deliver my package but apparently the driver couldn't find my house. Well, it's not rocket science and DLR etc manages it just fine! So I called CS this morning and they will ship it to my office instead - but I've to wait now even longer. It should have been here on thursday.
So I won't order right now but will hopefully go to a counter next week, because I'll be in Dublin then. Yay!

Thanks for all the swatches, everybody!

Rinstar

I think I just want the duo and the nude gloss pencil. I am debating about Amchoor n/p... I have so many polishes, but I am a sucker for NARS and yellow!

MarieMary

Quote: Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Say, if I only can get two items from this collection, what would it be? I'm torn between Ramatuelle, Liberte, Never Say Never, Vendanges
hmm.gif

If that helps you choose, just remember that Ramatuelle is the only item that is limited edition among the summer 2012 collection. All the others were added to the permanent line (yay!). :)
But it doesn't necessarily mean it would disappear quickly. All eyeshadow trios are limited editions, and most of them (if not all, depending on the websites) are still available for purchase now.

katred

Specktra Bestie
More swatches and FOTD with Ramatuelle, Liberte, and Moscow:
http://makeupforlife.net/2012/04/nars-liberte-blush-review-swatches-photos.html
http://messywands.blogspot.de/2012/04/preview-nars-summer-2012-collection.html

hmm.gif

PS: for the European ladies outside UK and France, Nars has a free shipping promo for orders above 50 EUR until April 19th.

Hm... on the Messy Wands swatches, Marie Galante looks kind of sheer. Given how much I love those colours, it's unlikely to dissuade me, but I do hope that it can be built up to a rich pigment.

mac_aiken

My friend (who is a NARS counter manager) says the trio applies quite sheerly and "doesn't have the best pigmentation". Her picks for stars of the collection are the e/s duo and Never Say Never.

Latest posts