NARS Summer 2012

MarieMary

The trio reminds me of an orange warm-based lighter frostier version of Douce France. :p I've thought about it, and I think I'll pass on Ramatuelle, or at least wait a bit. I just bought Douce France, which compliments my eye color and skin tone much better than Ramatuelle would.

Anyway, I thought this would be helpful, and it seems pretty accurate. :)

Source: NARS websites

Miss QQ

^^ what is your eye colour and skin tone? I'm wondering if I need Douce France. Aquamarine - why do you not like NARS matte eyeshadow? Chalky? I don't own any of them yet.

MarieMary

Aquamarine - why do you not like NARS matte eyeshadow? Chalky? I don't own any of them yet.
I am very pale, think NW07-10. For reference, I use NARS Siberia Sheer Glow or Everyday Minerals in Fair Neutral as foundations. I have hazel eyes with a bit of green in them, and the colors of Douce France nicely bring out the green.

I think NARS matte eyeshadows are a bit difficult to work with, more than their shimmery eyeshadows (which are a dream to use and blend!) It takes a few tries to really get the best of them. It's easier if you use them wet. That's what I do with Daphne Single Eyeshadow. :)

Aquamarine1543

@ MarieMary: I thought the same thing when I saw the trio for the first time. I thought it looked like a warmer version of Douce France.lol
By the way, the apricot part is pretty orange based on the swatch. It doesn't look like apricot at all!! lol

@ Miss QQ: I already use many NARS eyeshadows because I have lots of them. It turns out sometimes their matte eyeshadows drive me crazy.:S
Some of the matte eyeshadows are awesome, e.g. Coconut grove or Bali.

But some of them are not good because they look chalky or are usually discolored as time goes on. (maybe 10 mins after wearing them.)
For example, I have Violetta duo eyeshadow and the right side is really pretty and gorgeous, but the left side is horrible. Whenever I put the left side, I look like a corpse.:S It has to be muted-laverdar, but it turns to be chalky gray. Personally, I think being discolored is the worst problem! My friend and I had a same problem when I used D. gorgeous and Kuala Lumpur too!
Sometimes, Nars matte eyeshadow are hard to blend (as MarieMary said.;)), but I don't think it's a big problem if you have some makeip skills.:)

I think the best NARS eyeshadow is the one which has velvet texture such as Nepal, Ashes to ashes, Cyprus or Habenera (duo) minty one. I really love them because they aren't chalky, easy to blend and discolored. Plus they're really pigmented and long-lasting.:)

Monsy

i want trio and duo
eyelove.gif

cutemiauw

^^ I don't even dare to ask what's guerlain will have for summer lol,
But yeah, so far I think this is my favorite Summer collection...
heart.gif

Shadowy Lady

Scrangie has swatches of the nail polish collection up. I think I'm in love:

http://www.scrangie.com/2012/04/thakoon-for-nars-limited-edition-nail.html

I am very pale, think NW07-10. For reference, I use NARS Siberia Sheer Glow or Everyday Minerals in Fair Neutral as foundations. I have hazel eyes with a bit of green in them, and the colors of Douce France nicely bring out the green.

I think NARS matte eyeshadows are a bit difficult to work with, more than their shimmery eyeshadows (which are a dream to use and blend!) It takes a few tries to really get the best of them. It's easier if you use them wet. That's what I do with Daphne Single Eyeshadow. :)
I think it depends, Bali is matte and it;s one of my most beloved and most used e/s. The texture is a dream to work with

Miss QQ

^^ they are so colorful! I'm liking Anardana, Lal Mirchi and Tutki Tutki. I hope to see how Lal Mirchi compares to OPI A Roll In The Hague. Cute - the guerlain Pucci summer collection is gorgeous. I want so many items. Thanks, Aquamarine and MarieMary. I'm new to NARS and don't have a lot of things. I have Habanera, love it!

cutemiauw

^^ I did not just hear about the Guerlain collection
whistle.gif
... off to check anyways...
thud.gif
. Okay. I'm doomed... *tries to find a way to afford them*

With the nailpolishes, I like Lal Mirchi and Ratin Jot. Although probably I'm just going to look for cheaper dupes for those colors instead :p.

MarieMary

Thanks, Aquamarine and MarieMary. I'm new to NARS and don't have a lot of things. I have Habanera, love it!
You're welcome. Habanera is an awesome duo! The silver minty shade is fantastic, and it goes so well with the other color.

Dominique33

Hi,

I've just bought Ramatuelle and Vendanges ! The trio is really pretty, the lipstick waouh great ! Colour and finish are exactly what I expected.
Next week I will buy Marie-Galante and Trouville, maybe some of these beautiful nail polishes, tomorrow it will be possible to buy online, this collection is just amazing, from the Spring Collection I have Gaiety and Douce France, from the Summer collection I think I will buy more products, along with the Dior Croisette Collection, Nars is really my favourite one.

Dominique33

Hi,

Sorry I can't. But I can describe the 3 colours in detail :

- the first one is a grey/white shade with subtle reflections
- the second one is a very soft peach colour
- the third one is more an apricot shade, matte

Hope this was helpful.

Monsy

it is thank you! do you think it would work on nc20 skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair?

Hi,

Hope this was helpful.

Aquamarine1543

Hi,

Hope this was helpful.

Is the third one more orange than apricot because I saw a swatch and it looked like quite an orange rather than an apricot?
Can you compare it with Night Star eyeshadow?