NARS Summer 2012

Shadowy Lady

I'm gonna cut my Chanel summer wishlist down a bit so I can fit more Nars summer in there, lol! I'm also going away on vacation (in Mexico) in a week and planing on getting a deep tan and then buying the Laguna illuminator to add to my illuminator family :D Last time I tried it, it was too bronzey for my natural skintone.

Bali is a great staple shade, like a true dark taupe. I wear it all the time in my outer v or as part of a smokey eye. It's super soft. I'm a bit of a Nars addict (since 2009, lol) so I've collected quite few of their duos and singles. Bali is def my fave Nars single :)

Dominique33

Yes it is orange/apricot in fact. To me it's more apricot though, and as it's a matte texture it looks between orange and apricot if you prefer. This trio goes well with the blush Liberté, I didn't buy Liberté but it's pretty. Anyway, I am never disappointed by Nars trio ( I have 4 of them now, Cap Ferrat, Delphes, Douce France and now Ramatuelle ), Ramatuelle is both soft and intense, I would really advise it for summer. Delphes is subtle but not intense at all, as far as Marie-Galante is concerned, it looks amazing but I just watched it on the website ( I am going to buy it, colours look great ! ).

MarieMary

Bali is a great staple shade, like a true dark taupe. I wear it all the time in my outer v or as part of a smokey eye. It's super soft. I'm a bit of a Nars addict (since 2009, lol) so I've collected quite few of their duos and singles. Bali is def my fave Nars single :)
Thanks for the description! ;) I feel stupid because I do have Bali; it was part of the Best Of Eyeshadow palette (9944). I just never really remember the names of the shadows in 6-color palettes. So yes, I agree, it's a great matte shade, easy to work with. :p I'll try it for a smokey eye.
Hehe, that's funny, because I'm a NARS addict too, but I mostly buy duos. I guess I'm just lazy with color combinations and I like duos because the choice has been made for me. :p

Yazmin

I only ordered the blush. That's the only thing from this collection I really wanted, other than the "Bleecker-only" nail polish.

kimbunney

Oh dang. I'm trying to cut down on what polishes I want but I still want them all. Maybe I'll buy three one week and three the next so I won't feel bad dropping 108+tax on some nail polishes I can only put on one at a time lol.

Almus

I am loving Liberte, Calabria and Never say never, but I am a bit afraid of the "weird smell" of this last one. I have a VGLP in Happy Days if I remember correctly and I have to swap it away cause I was not able to put it close to my lips and nose =/

If any of you gets it, could you tell me if that "NARS-lip-products-weird-smell" is still in Never say never, please?

cutemiauw

More swatches! :)

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/nars-summer-2012-pics-and-swatches/

I'll get the duo and both lip pencils!
I think the third side of the trio is too orange for me.

By the way, it'll be only available at narscosmetics.com on the 13th, right?
Karen mentioned it'll be onto counters on the same day as Nars website, so that's why I'm confused and wondering. :(
Thanks for the link! I'm still a bit iffy with the silver shade, looks like it could be a tad too cool toned for me. Liberte looks very strong in the picture, I hope it's just because she swatched it heavily. I love all the lippies there too...

Miss QQ

Dominique - is the apricot shade in the trio dry or chalky or smooth and pigmented? Trouville loos amazing on tan skin too! I can't wait to get it!

cutemiauw

Has anyone posted this here? http://www.makeupzone.net/nars-coleccion-summer-2012/ It has some lovely lip swatches.

Hmm... now I want Never Say Never too :p. Do I really need Liberte?? (I know I want it tho
cutey.gif
)

Aquamarine1543

Has anyone posted this here? http://www.makeupzone.net/nars-coleccion-summer-2012/ It has some lovely lip swatches.

Hmm... now I want Never Say Never too :p. Do I really need Liberte?? (I know I want it tho
cutey.gif
)

Thanks for the link!
I still want to get the duo and two lip pencils!!

But the third side of the trio still makes me confused whether I should get.
Some of swatches look pretty orange, but this swatch is close to natural peach/apricot rather than orange. hmm...:(

If it is orange shade more than Night star eyeshadow, I can def. pass it!
Can anyone compare it with Night star, Mediterranee or Scorching Sun eyeshadow??

MarieMary

I found another shot for Marie Galante duo!

http://www.makeupzone.net/nars-mariegalante-look/
Wow. The black base really brings out the best in this duo. It's stunning! Thanks. :)

This blogger attended a NARS masterclass. She presents some of the products and explains how they used the Trio during the masterclass. I think it's informative and helpful (she just made some mistakes regarding the prices).

Source: http://www.whatihearttoday.com/2012/04/nars-summer-collection-2012.html

Shadowy Lady

Great swatches everyone. Here's my almost final list:

- Liberte blush does anyone know if this is anything like Irresistiblement bronzer? I love Irresistiblement as my everyday face product in the summer
- Marie Galante duo
- a couple of nail polishes from Takhoon collection - haven't decided which ones yet
- Never Say Never matte velvet pencil
Trouville loos amazing on tan skin too! I can't wait to get it!
I know! I can't wait to be tanned! I probably won't be as tan as Karen but still. Also things always look more orange on her and more red on me so this nailpolish could look totally different on me. I guess it's one of those items that needs to be seen in person

mac_aiken

Free 2 day shipping for the collection on the NARS site and 20% off with the code SIERRA. I just scored the MG duo w/2 day shipping for less than $30.

Latest posts