OCC lip tars

butterflyeyes

I wish but Nigel's says they require a license / certification which I don't have as i didn't go to school cause I don't feel I needed to ;(
Like Erine said, they accept different proofs of profession. Are you a working pro? If so, you should be able to have something from the list of required items. (Comp Card, Pro Card from MAC for example, Tear sheet/call sheet, Union Card, proof of pro work like a contract or invoice). If I remember correctly Nigel's is pretty easy. They only want one of the required items on their list. OCC's requirements are along the same lines. You'll need to have either a dedicated website that shows your work (not a blog site where you may post your own makeup looks though. Something that could qualify as your online portfolio), a comp card, tear sheet, union card, or license.

erine1881

Me thinks something is going on via the Nigel's website. If you click on the lip tars or stained glosses the page is blank like they don't have them. Fingers crossed that they are in the midst of an update!
Still nothing there. I'm about to bite the bullet and hit the submit button on OCC's site :unsure:

butterflyeyes

Still nothing there. I'm about to bite the bullet and hit the submit button on OCC's site :unsure:
Same here. Trying to decide if I should just wait until TMS since it's less than 2 weeks away. Do you remember how much they sold the lip tars at TMS Chicago? Curious if it's the same or cheaper than the OCC pro discount price. IMATS was cheaper than the pro discount. $12 instead of occ pro price of $14 something.

pleasantmacabre

Like Erine said, they accept different proofs of profession. Are you a working pro? If so, you should be able to have something from the list of required items. (Comp Card, Pro Card from MAC for example, Tear sheet/call sheet, Union Card, proof of pro work like a contract or invoice). If I remember correctly Nigel's is pretty easy. They only want one of the required items on their list. OCC's requirements are along the same lines. You'll need to have either a dedicated website that shows your work (not a blog site where you may post your own makeup looks though. Something that could qualify as your online portfolio), a comp card, tear sheet, union card, or license.
Yup I have a business card which isn't a listed option and a comp card.. I'm waiting for my Mac Pro card so maybe when it arrives ill apply with comp card and pro card ..

erine1881

Same here. Trying to decide if I should just wait until TMS since it's less than 2 weeks away. Do you remember how much they sold the lip tars at TMS Chicago? Curious if it's the same or cheaper than the OCC pro discount price. IMATS was cheaper than the pro discount. $12 instead of occ pro price of $14 something.
I think they were just the 20% off.

lilinah

BMD is beautiful, not as deep as I would like but if mixed with Tarred, I think it would be gold. Not that it's not perfect already, Tarred would just make it dark, like I like.
I have Batty, the frosted black, i think that should work, too. I'm quite happy with the color and finish of BMD. But i will give it a test mixed with Batty. I wouldn't mind having it blacker.

MACina

My local sephora doesn't have a full display. Just a few of the more "normal" colors near the check out. I don't know what the issue is - low sales volume? high theft volume? It has far fewer brands and less stuff than some smaller sephoras i've been in.

I have Batty, the frosted black, i think that should work, too. I'm quite happy with the color and finish of BMD. But i will give it a test mixed with Batty. I wouldn't mind having it blacker.
I will receive Batty soon and am already very excited for it
pompom.gif

MissTT

My local sephora doesn't have a full display. Just a few of the more "normal" colors near the check out. I don't know what the issue is - low sales volume? high theft volume? It has far fewer brands and less stuff than some smaller sephoras i've been in.

Baby1black

I do not think I have seen them at my local sephora,Emeryville is the closest for me. I really just would have liked to go and grab BMD but can't since they say out of stock at that location so have to wait and buy online ,but have to add something to get free shipping which do not want to do now have to wait for the October mac collections first.

erine1881

They're up girl, they're up!!!

sss215

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTT
Lip Tars don't seem to sell well at our store. The SAs don't like them so they don't really recommend them. The biggest problem I see is people using too much when they try it. I talk to people about mixing them, but that's usually really young girls who can't afford to purchase the item anyway. They're usually telling me there gonna save up for it.

a couple of my daughter's friends have them, love them, but don't know how to use them. I'm always giving lessons. Sephora should definately hold some quick classes or an event for people to get to know this product.

butterflyeyes

Really? I was able to add it to my cart :hmm:
NOW it wants to add to my cart! I tried it several times and kept getting the message saying that it was out of stock. Might try calling them to see if they can add it to my order since I don't want to pay separate shipping for it. They already try to kill you with shipping as it is. Edit: Called them and had them add it to the order. David said I was 3rd person to call about it showing a sold out message when they placed their orders today. :fluffy: Too bad it's highly unlikely that I'll receive my box before I leave for TMS Friday morning but fingers crossed. He did say it will ship out Monday morning. Wasn't willing to pay over $30 for faster shipping than ground. Not THAT anxious to get it lol

erine1881

NOW it wants to add to my cart! I tried it several times and kept getting the message saying that it was out of stock. Might try calling them to see if they can add it to my order since I don't want to pay separate shipping for it. They already try to kill you with shipping as it is
No kidding!