Skinny Jeans--Yay or nay?

Staceypie0616

I live in my seven for all mankind jeans, which are skinny jeans. I must have 7 pairs with different styles on the pockets and different fits. I love them!

xkriss

Some girls can pull them off. Most can't. I think they're cute but alas, I look terrible in them
ssad.gif

nunu

it depends on a girls body type. I really like them though
so im saying skinny jeans YAY!

Perple1

I LOVE skinny jeans! I wear mine mostly with flats and tucked into my boots (my FAVE look!)...hell yea!

Aprilrobin

They're on their way out already.
People are still wearing them, sure, but the magazines are all wide legged everything.

alien21xx

I like them. I short and not entirely all that thin, so I buy those pairs that are not sticking to my legs like a second skin (i.e. some movement allowance else I won't be able to breathe!) They make me look taller than I really am because of the elongating look they give to my legs.

i just have to be sure to wear heels with them, else I will totally look stumpy.

MsCocoa

I loove skinny jeans- with heels though, I'm what alot people would describe as skinny (UK 8/US 4) but I've tried on skinny jeans that make my thighs look FAT, IMO it's all about the bottom if it's tapered as in it clings to your ankle for dear life it will make you look badly shaped unless you have straight up and down thighs. Ones that are slightly more straight at the bottom look better, it's hard to pull them off with flats though unless you have long legs.

I'm glad however that they've gone from a trend to just another cut of denim!

s2Wennie

Yay, Love them!
I'm short so anything flared, baggy or straight don't flatter my figure as well as skinnys.

When I first wore my skinnys I felt so fat though, I thought my thighs were way too big for the jeans but I got used to it and I'm happy about skinnys now.

Paramnesia

I agree that it depends on body types. Personally they look horrible on me, I have fat thighs/butt and tiny tiny legs from the knees down so they look disgusting. Though I'm the same as s2Wennie, I'm too short for flared, baggy jeans.

I really struggle finding jeans that suit me too and most sizes are tiny.

Tinkee-Belle

I lovedddddd them about 3 years ago, but now everyone has them and im kinda over the trend. They do look amazing, ive just moved onto other cuts of denim!

revinn

I think it's just hysterical that looking back over this thread, everyone at the beginning said this trend would be over in a year..and that was back in 2006.

I personally hated skinny jeans when they first starting becoming popular, but now all I want is to wear them. I'm actually losing weight with the specific goal in mind of fitting into a pair and pulling them off.

DominicanBarbie

YES! I love my skinny jeans. They look so cute and chic.I do however hate them on men. Please Men dont wear jeans that are tighter than mine.Please.

ginger9

Skinnies are not "forgiving" when it comes to hiding any imperfections OR just places one may feel inadequate about. I find them interesting because they can make you feel great about your body or hate it. Different times of my life I think I look great while others I can barely look at myself in the mirror without cringing. And this isn't even due to any ignificant weight loss/gain. Skinnies are challenging in that sense!

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
d) they'll be one of things you look back on in pics and shake your head at, why why why

lol, that's exactly what I did when the 80s ended.. I don't feel the need to do that again...

Blushbaby

I don't do skinnies as my thighs are too ample for them ..I do straight legged jeans which compliment me much better.

I don't ever wanna go back to bootlegs! DKNY Soho jeans are as "bootleg" as I'll go cos they look like straight legs with a little flare. I love how they shape my booty too.

KikiB

I do like a slimmer fit, but I will stick with my Joe's Jeans for the time being...the look I hate though is skinnies with ballet flats, a North Face Denali or an A&F fleece, and then the ponytail and headband. I also hate the aforementioned pants and shoes with the long graphic tee, the vest/cardigan, and the ratty scarf around the neck. Every time I see that look I just want to slap somebody.

myrifle

I love skinny jeans! i haven't gone back to regular cuts since then.

Flared bottoms just make me look very stout because I'm extremely petite. I find that the skinny jeans compliment my legs. But I read through someone's post and I'm the exception, haha having sz 5 feet and sz 0 pant size >_< But IMO if they fit right, they can compliment curves as I'm nowhere near a "stick figure" even though I'm a 0.

it's a pain shopping for cute shoes...most start at 5 1/2 or 6 :[

aleksis210

Skinny jeans=love...I really got into them after amy winehouse and nicole richie started wearing them (Although I doubt I look anything like them when I wear them...lmao!) I really looooove neon colored ones like the ones Rhianna and Audrina Patridge wear...as far as people commenting about the 80s ummm. no. Do you look like a hippie when you wear flares? exactly. It all depends how you rock them and what you rock them with....I only own two pairs but I freakin love them! IMO the olsens and Kate Moss(style icon people) wear them the best(as far as what to wear them with).