WOC: Studio Sculpt Foundation

twobear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie
I just left my counter and I am NC 45 in studiofix powder and fluid but this MA said she thinks it is too light in this foundation. She matched me with NW43
th_dunno.gif
. I'm so confused. I've never been matched to an NW at all and I get matched almost everytime I go into a store. I'm oily so NW's usually end up being a hot dirty red mess after a few hours. I brought home samples of NW43 and NC55 since it's lighter than the NC50. I should have gotten an NC45 sample too. I'm about to go try them.

I'm also a NC45 and I was matched to NW43. I've been wearing the sample for a few days and the color is dead on. It may be causing me a few breakouts though. Will give it a few more days.

laguayaca

WOW
shockt.gif
I want !
th_drool.gif
I dont have a counter near me so I have a few questions for oily skinned girls and anyone else that could answer:
Does face feel oily after use?
How long until it even begins to feel oily?
Does the foundation itself provide good coverage compared to Studio Fix Fluid?
Im an NC44 do I use the same color?

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
WOW
shockt.gif
I want !
th_drool.gif
I dont have a counter near me so I have a few questions for oily skinned girls and anyone else that could answer:
Does face feel oily after use?
How long until it even begins to feel oily?
Does the foundation itself provide good coverage compared to Studio Fix Fluid?
Im an NC44 do I use the same color?

After I apply I set with MSF so no "sheen" or oilies after use
I would say I can go a good 4 hours before my t-zone needs a touch up
It provides great coverage...you can sheer it down or build it up in places that you need more coverage on your face. IMO, its less "heavy" feeling than SFF.
Not sure about NC44 color...

HTH!
winks.gif

Purplegloss9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejr286
That's right, I WILL make it work
th_wink3.gif
The NC55 works, but it is missing a little something....but nothing I can't make work for now. I hope MAC notices the issue and corrects it, though.

Okay so I'm wearing the NC55 (that should be Nc50) today...and ummm...its okaaaaay its not the right "shade fit" tho, I can tell you that! grrr....I gotta go back and find the right shade, or it may look like I'll have to mix the 2 shades together...I HOPE NOT!!...I hear you when you say it is missing a little something...I get the same result....it's just "there"
sneaky.gif
its not like a gorgeous "hollaaaa!!!" for me like my other mac fdtns....(the shade that is)....I love the foundation texture and lightness to it though....its like a mousse....
yes.gif
I'll see how it holds up thru the day though and the shine factor.
Did anyone feel like they have to kill the shine...like big time with this foundation??
th_confused_new.gif
I felt like I was on a battle ground this morning tryna kill some of the shine!!!! hmmmmmm......
let me know if u ladies are fighting with shine!

Purplegloss9

OH MY GOOOOOOOSH!!!
OKAY ladies so I just got back from the Ladies Room at my work and this foundation is Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxy!!! My goodness! Its sultry and natural with that extra umph!!! I'm so glad I was the only lady in there cuz I was checking it out reallllly good, I was like standing back from the mirror,goin up close, checking out all angles of my face and def'ly checking out to see if there was the awful jaw/neck line difference...NOPE NONE A DAT! Just flawless.....though i did have a bit of demarcation lines in my forehead....gosh..but i fixed that with some blot powder....Overall I'm very very pleased.
yes.gif
I think for me..I have to let it "sink" in my skin to get the beauty of it, cuz when its applied at first...it looks a tiny bit ummm..."ashy"...dunno why
OMGosh ladies I was even making "modelesque poses" in the mirror!!!! ..hahah ...until I heard someone coming in!
th_LMAO.gif
hahahaah....oh well..I cant help it if I feel sexeeeeh in this foundation...hahaha!!
graucho.gif
th_DANCE.gif

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegloss9
OH MY GOOOOOOOSH!!!
OKAY ladies so I just got back from the Ladies Room at my work and this foundation is Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper Sexxxxxxxxxxxxxy!!! My goodness! Its sultry and natural with that extra umph!!! I'm so glad I was the only lady in there cuz I was checking it out reallllly good, I was like standing back from the mirror,goin up close, checking out all angles of my face and def'ly checking out to see if there was the awful jaw/neck line difference...NOPE NONE A DAT! Just flawless.....though i did have a bit of demarcation lines in my forehead....gosh..but i fixed that with some blot powder....Overall I'm very very pleased.
yes.gif
I think for me..I have to let it "sink" in my skin to get the beauty of it, cuz when its applied at first...it looks a tiny bit ummm..."ashy"...dunno why
OMGosh ladies I was even making "modelesque poses" in the mirror!!!! ..hahah ...until I heard someone coming in!
th_LMAO.gif
hahahaah....oh well..I cant help it if I feel sexeeeeh in this foundation...hahaha!!
graucho.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I completely agree. I don't think you get the full effect until you've allowed the foundation to set for a couple hours. Then you look and its like HOT DAMN!!
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

That's honestly what I had to do with the NC50 because at first I was like...this color is OFF. Now I think its a perfect fit.

Do you think you can "finesse" your NC55 with the MSF natural to get the right color fit? That might help.

K_ashanti

one week later still loving this, i actually forget i have foudation on my face!!! Soooo much lighter that SFF, i also like how you can make it more or less matte/dewy base on the powder you set it with totally off topic but brownsuga lady that hair cut is hot

i just bought some for the two brides im doing withing feb and march and i think they are gonna love this. have anyone tried the concealers? they seem to be like paint pot concealers. they go on as cream but dry right after. i cant stop looking at my hand where i swatched the foundation and the concealer that would go with the foundation. Im sorry but this was a better investment then HK.

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
I completely agree. I don't think you get the full effect until you've allowed the foundation to set for a couple hours. Then you look and its like HOT DAMN!!
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

That's honestly what I had to do with the NC50 because at first I was like...this color is OFF. Now I think its a perfect fit.

Do you think you can "finesse" your NC55 with the MSF natural to get the right color fit? That might help.

Okay, I thought it was just me. My foundation looked off right after I applied it, but then after it sank into my skin and a couple of hours later, it looked like my SKIN!!!! And ITA with da_hood_model, it feels like NOTHING is on my face. Great feeling! MAC really hit the jackpot with this one.

I am also glad that I can use my 100 brush to apply this. WONDERFUL finish!

Purplegloss9

Hmmmm...yeah I'll def'ly give that a try Brownsuga Lady! Didnt even think of that....I've just been holding my Blot Powder real close...lol...the foundation is still lookin tight though ....yup it def'ly looks better after its sunk in a couple of hours...you get the true beauty!

thanks for the tip!

Purplegloss9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
oh yeah another thing i love, it that i can touch my face or blow my nose and no foudation rubs off

O really? Wow thats great! I gotta test that out too....cuz I hated that with my other fdtns!
ssad.gif

LuvinMyMAC

My counter finally received all of the colors and I was matched to NC55 and a NW40 concealer. So far I'm really impressed. Feels great and no color change. I think I've found my HG foundation!

Regality101

I think I will give it another go. NC55 seems so off, I am normally C7. I have not worn it for more than 20min. I will give it another go but I really think this formula would serve me well in the summer when I have my tan.

sweetie

What do you all use to set this foundation. I've usually just used my blot powder to set but maybe something else will work better. I wanna get on the bus.. I'm running behind it.. but my foot keeps slipping off. I want to love this foundation.
ssad.gif

sharronmarie

im not sure if this has been posted yet because i didnt read throught the whole thread but at my store it seems that NC50 and NC55 where mislabeled and NC55 was lighter than the NC50. i was orginally matched in NC50 and after seeing the tube i thought NO WAY! but she put it on and added NW40 concealer for more coverage and i thought it looked good untill i got home the next day and put it for myself. So i went back for an exchange and my normal MA discovered the mixup and NC55 was perfect!!!! Matched better than anything before
smiles.gif

lafemmenoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
oh yeah another thing i love, it that i can touch my face or blow my nose and no foudation rubs off

jawdrop.gif
say wot? tis all i needed to hear, thank you miss lady
smiles.gif

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
I am also glad that I can use my 100 brush to apply this. WONDERFUL finish!

Sorry yall, I meant 109 brush! It works well.

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie
What do you all use to set this foundation. I've usually just used my blot powder to set but maybe something else will work better. I wanna get on the bus.. I'm running behind it.. but my foot keeps slipping off. I want to love this foundation.
ssad.gif

I use my Bobbi Brown pressed powder, but only on my T-zone. I am also trying to figure out if there is a powder that perfectly goes with this foundation.