WOC: The Hair Thread

Lipstickdiva420

lol.gif

My shampoo bars should be coming today! Other than that, my hair is currently in a bun as a protective style. I've been so lazy this week.
shampoo bars never heard of it? I will do the same style for my b day. I currently have a braid out today nothing special.

VampyCouture

@ Vampy - that weird feeling that you get while your hair adjusts to the shampoo bars is easily taken care of with a cup of water and a tbsp of apple cider vinegar added to it. Spray or pour over your hair and rinse with cold water. BAM! (sorry, I just watched an old Emeril Lagasse video)
Hahaha!
Thanks Sagehen! I have been meaning to do an ACV rinse, but never get around to trying it. I will make sure to add that to this regime. This was perfect timing, because my Organix Moroccan Argan shampoo ran out this week (still have 1/3 left of the conditioner).

VampyCouture

Quote: Originally Posted by Lipstickdiva420

shampoo bars never heard of it? I will do the same style for my b day. I currently have a braid out today nothing special.

Yep, I have never tried them either until now. I love buns. Simple and easy. You'll have to post a bday look! Speaking of braid outs, I'm not even going to try. They never turn out the way I want them to. I just need more practice I guess.

sagehen

Yep, I have never tried them either until now. I love buns. Simple and easy. You'll have to post a bday look! Speaking of braid outs, I'm not even going to try. They never turn out the way I want them to. I just need more practice I guess.
I don't either. I can't ever get them to stay twisted/braided all the way to the root, so I have puffy roots and stratched hair the rest of the way. I hate how it looks. Wash and go is my go to - I just dress it up with clips or pins or put it up when I don't want to fuss with it.

Lipstickdiva420

Yes I love them too. I'm going to add the marley hair and see how that turns out.. Yeah sometimes I don't like y braid outs either like the one I have right now is my hair was slightly still wet and it's raining here so this braid out has had it lol.

presstoblend

What test are you talking about and how can I take it? I think my hair is one way and then it decides to change its mind and be something else.

Did you get that steamer? How do you like it if you did? I'm still thinking about picking one up.
Nope! I didn't get it yet but it's still high on my list of "MUST HAVES".

leahrenae

would anyone be interested in a product swap?
I actually don't want to swap, I just have some stuff that's been sitting around that I know I'll never use and I want to give away
if anyone is interested I'll post pictures of what I have.

TXBeautyBaby

i would love to try some new products! I think it's a good idea to pass along things that didn't work for us.
would anyone be interested in a product swap? I actually don't want to swap, I just have some stuff that's been sitting around that I know I'll never use and I want to give away if anyone is interested I'll post pictures of what I have.

LouGarner

this forum is so awesome. thanks to everyone for sharing all the things that worked for you as well as products. I know for me; I was a product junkie when I first went natural. Now, I am trying to limit the products that I buy and use things that really work.

auriannjag42

Does anyone do a vitamin regime to promote hair growth and if so what was your experience with and what did you do

VampyCouture

Does anyone do a vitamin regime to promote hair growth and if so what was your experience with and what did you do
Not for hair growth, but I do take vitamins. I think they have helped with hair growth, but that was not my original intention. I like Omega 3, Vitamin C and the collagen pills, Neo Cell I think they are called. I get mine from Amazon

auriannjag42

What do you use the collagen pills for exactly
That's a good idea. I was definitely a PJ when I went natural and have all of these products laying around because of it. Luckily, I haven't had to throw many products out because I researched some products extensively. Not for hair growth, but I do take vitamins. I think they have helped with hair growth, but that was not my original intention. I like Omega 3, Vitamin C and the collagen pills, Neo Cell I think they are called. I get mine from Amazon

VampyCouture

Not for hair growth, but I do take vitamins. I think they have helped with hair growth, but that was not my original intention. I like Omega 3, Vitamin C and the collagen pills, Neo Cell I think they are called. I get mine from Amazon
Here is the link: Collagen Pills

About 4 months ago, I had really bad acne and was researching acne treatments online and this popped up as recommended for so many people. I started taking it and my skin cleared up significantly. My nails also got stronger. I haven't noticed a big difference in my hair, but it's not really for that. It also promises thicker joints and if you work out, that's a definite plus! For hair vitamins, I am still doing my research. Not sure what to take for those--I've heard Biotin, but I don't want to take like 5 pills a day lol so if there is a multivitamin with all of that in there, please send me suggestions!

Yazmin

Quote: Try Aveda's Control Paste for a long lasting, soft hold. It really keeps edges in place. Hicks, ORS, and all the rest seem to breakdown from my body heat. Aveda's doesn't.

Castor oil and a scarf always does the trick as well

I'll look out for that next time I hit up Aveda. I had to throw out my ORS Edge Control because the flaking was driving me crazy.

MissTT

About 4 months ago, I had really bad acne and was researching acne treatments online and this popped up as recommended for so many people. I started taking it and my skin cleared up significantly. My nails also got stronger. I haven't noticed a big difference in my hair, but it's not really for that. It also promises thicker joints and if you work out, that's a definite plus! For hair vitamins, I am still doing my research. Not sure what to take for those--I've heard Biotin, but I don't want to take like 5 pills a day lol so if there is a multivitamin with all of that in there, please send me suggestions!
Approximately how large are these pills? Do they work for body acne as well? My daughter's face and back are taking turns cooperating. Grrrr!

VampyCouture

Approximately how large are these pills? Do they work for body acne as well? My daughter's face and back are taking turns cooperating. Grrrr!
They are huge! Not a fan of taking them for that reason. Not sure about body acne, because I don't really get it there. Also, you have to take 3 a day. I take 1-2 a day because I can't deal with taking 3 of those a day!

Richelle83

Biotin can cause acne, stronger nails and unwanted hair-like facial hair! If you take it consistently it can thicken your hair. On me it did nothing -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp4p-7TwEEA

VampyCouture

Biotin can cause acne, stronger nails and unwanted hair-like facial hair! If you take it consistently it can thicken your hair. On me it did nothing -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp4p-7TwEEA
Yikes! I'll pass
sweatdrop.gif

I think you really don't need vitamins for healthy hair. Just eat right and have the proper nutritional intake.