asteffey

i googled something about MAC and wound up on here. What seems like one million dollars later, I love Specktra & have an awesome collection!

lovejam

I actually didn't sign up for the forum until a few months after I started looking at the site. I was looking for info on upcoming collections and such, and followed a link to Specktra. Later, I signed up for the forum.
smiles.gif

Parishoon

i was looking for info on my fave tlc & specktra posts popped up & i was like what's this?
eyelove.gif

and then i was broke for the rest of my life
rofl.gif

sadly for me (but good for the wallet) it didn't happen while i live in close proximity to MAC, but when i moved somewhere that the store finder lists counters in neighboring states
cry.gif
it's okay, i <3 specktra

bellaetoile

i acttually got hooked on both mac and specktra from the livejournal community, but in general, yes, internet mac fanatics upped my obsession..

wildesigns

I first saw a blurb about Specktra on MUA but kept coming across it on Google...I'm just now starting to fully appreciate the site as it further feeds my already overgrown appetite for MAC

MissMarley

Well, my makeup obsession started with reading Allure magazine as a 12 year old, then I found MUA, and MUA led me here. Plus a super-nice MA at the Hollywood & Highland MAC store got me into it last summer.

sweetramona

I am another MAC old-timer - I am not sure when I started using it but for sure it was before 1985 when I graduated high school (!). I am from Toronto so it seems like MAC was always there.

I told my friend I could not figure out what to do with my Free 2 Be quad and she suggested I check specktra out. I still don't know what to do with that quad but I am really glad I found you!

NobodyPlease

I had stumbled onto MAC and bought the concealer. (which is great!!!!) and I did a search on MAC and it lead me to Mac on yahoo to Mac on live journal... to MAC on MUT which led me here.

But question as I do not know what MUA is. please advise.

Carol

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
MUA started me off on my MAC obession, but Specktra is my favorite MAC site now.
smiles.gif

Same here

princess

Yes! I started buying MAC since 2001 after all the raves for Lychee Luxe lipglass and never looked back. I knew about Specktra from MUA (I think...) when it was started in 2004 and love it here!
cheerleader.gif

Damfino

Well I'm really new to Specktra, and I bought my first MAC item in 2001-2002, so I guess I was
smiles.gif
I'm actually not a FANATiC (like I am for Stila... sigh) but MAC is awesome and I do love them- especially the pigments! This forum has helped stoke the flames though, and thanks to reviews, tutorials and people sharing thier collections online I've discovered new products & colors I otherwise might not have gotten into- this place is definitely enabling
smiles.gif

Sometimes I feel a little left out though, I just bought a 15-pan with some shadows in it but before that my MAc collection was even more mager- then I see young girls with HUGE collections after collecting for just a few months
ssad.gif
Now I have around 25 shadows, 8 lipsticks, 6 lipglasses, the 2002-03 (can't remember) Holiday palette, a shadestick, 1 blush and a handful of pigment samples. Ah well, I love my little collection and can honestly say I use all of it!

labwom

I also found Specktra by googling Mac. I had a few items but wasn't too crazy about Mac until I became active on the boards! now it's an obsession! (Mac & Speckra lol)

Willa

I answered the last one, but the truth is that I always loved makeup, but I didnt really know about good quality products. I used to buy Loreal and such (not really pigmented) or my grandma gave me her samples from Estee Lauder, but thats it.

Then I found out about Make Up For Ever and started using it.
I LOVE those products, and I found a LJ community about MAC products, and over there a girl (wich I can't remember) told me about Specktra, and there I am now.

I still love using MUFE products, but I have to admit that MAC is also a great company, and their products are wonderfull and easy to use. Love the eyeshaddow colors. (I'm more focussing on the eyes than my ''tan'', I do not use concealers or foundation...).

cheerleader.gif

prinzessin784

I actually found out about Specktra from Livejournal, and now I come here more than LJ and MUA combined!! I never liked the discussion boards on MUA at all though.

kelizabethk

I was searching for what MAC products I wanted my mum to get from the USA when she was there and came across this. This forum also gets linked to a lot from Vogue, so I already sorta knew about this place.

However, since joining I must say my collection is growing..