coachkitten

I was searching for MAC pigment colors one day at work and came across Specktra. Ever since my MAC collection has grown and have become MAC obsessed even more than before. I love it here and I think that no other website on makeup even compares.

lola336

i found lj through spectra. i was on teh way to an addiction before i found spectra..but it only made it worse..lol

5_mac_love

i have loved mac since 1991 around the time madonna's "truth or dare" movie/documentary came out and she said she wore mac "russian red" lipstick and thats when matte red lipstick was all the rage, of course i had to run out and get it and have always loved mac, just wasnt able to really afford it until now (by the hauls anyway!)

L0VELY

Before Specktra, I was already into MAC, but I became addicted to it even more once I landed on the site. The first time I actually fell in love with MAC was probably when I was 13, when Uncorked l/s came out. It was sort of an on and off thing with my MAC obsession, and thennnnnn I found Specktra. Seeing so many different looks, colors, combinations... who wouldn't be addicted to MAC after becoming acquainted with Specktra?!

(LOL Specktra itself is also addicting)

sincola

I read about Specktra on another makeup forum.
type.gif

TangoMango

I found Specktra through the mac_cosmetics community on LJ. I remember someone posted a cropped picture of PrettyKitty's eyes and I was amazed by her skills. A lot of the comments were 'Oh that's Pretty Kitty on Specktra!' and 'You can message her and ask her!' So me being my nosy self decided to check out Specktra and I love it! I don't even look at the mac community on LJ anymore. I was like 15 years old then.

I also lurked here back in the spring of 2005 but didn't join until December 2005.

Jamesc1057

i wasnt even interested in make up until i found specktra...now im going to study make up at college and wanting to be a make up artist
greengrin.gif

Corien

Re: Were you a MAC fanatic before you found specktra?

I liked visiting beautywhore.net, because of the nice eyeshadow tutorials. After I went to the boards on there I got more and more into make-up than I already was. I ended up here for some reason, and the urge to get a big MAC collection has grown in the week I've been here =P

Vicky88

I had heard about MAC and I think I had a couple of pigment samples, but it was after I joined Specktra that I really became obsessed!!

*Luna*

I have been using MAC for 7 or 8 years now, it all started with Studio Fix Poweder and my mom had actually bought it for herself and I liked it so much so bought me one and it was all down hill from there.

I have used studio fix powder for as long as I can remember but for years that and fleshpot lippie were the only MAC I had which is weird as it is now a full blown obsession! I won't blame specktra for that but it certainly helps to feed my obsession and makes me want more and more stuff!!

LatinaRose

Yes, but I had stopped buying new stuff until I used more of what I had. Within a week of surfing Specktra, I was back at the MAC counter!

Pythia

Always liked MAC although when I got a part time job in college back in 2004 it meant I could afford to buy more products.
I've been lurking here for a year or so, and it's certainly helped keep me up to date on everything.
It's huge here in Dublin, all my friends use it as well but none of them visit here AFAIK.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPink
I read about Specktra on the Lush Cosmetics Forum. There was a post about MAC and naturally, I read it because I love MAC, and there Specktra was. Now I am a Specktra addict
greengrin.gif

Haha this is me exactly too! Gah, my Lush addiction (since 2002 LOL) has severely suffered since I joined Specktra. But MAC has been a love of mine for much longer, even when I could only afford like one eyeshadow and a lipglass at a time ... my family and friends think my collection is something hilarious... and then they come over and want me to share though.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

I had a friend tell me about it, and ever since I have been hooked I love this place .. how can you not? LOL! I have been a MAC Junkie way before Specktra so I guess I can't blame you guys when I go to my MAC Meetings for addiction...lol

I found out about it from MUA. I had been into makeup since late 2003 when I discovered MAC. I think I joined here after seeing a lot of people talking about it there. Although I don't post very much...lol