2008 Presidential Candidates Comparison ( Side By side)... DOn't know what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmy

i'm just going to go on record saying if we pull out of iraq right now, we're asking for a whole heap of trouble.

as far as the choice of candidates, seems to me that we've got a way of being screwed into trusting the lesser of two evils. i really wish ron paul was still in it. i'm never going to let that go...EVAR!

my friend texted me the other day and says "mccain and obama were in a boat in the middle of the pacific and it sank...who was saved?" i was like "ummm...?" he texts back and says "AMERICA!" hahaha we had a good laugh.

rbella

Yeah, the blueprint confused me, but McCain's reform plan is just as confusing. They are politicians, what do we expect? Honestly, I wish there was a really good independent that was in the race. That would perk me up. Ok, I'm done.

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i'm just going to go on record saying if we pull out of iraq right now, we're asking for a whole heap of trouble.

as far as the choice of candidates, seems to me that we've got a way of being screwed into trusting the lesser of two evils. i really wish ron paul was still in it. i'm never going to let that go...EVAR!

Oh yeah, I'm not done. I love Ron Paul. Now I'm done!

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy

I am in complete agreement with you o

SparklingWaves

The only thing that I can tell you is to do what you have started to do with research. -Continue to research carefully and make your own informed decision.

Kayteuk

The facts are this.

America is in over 1 trillion debt. Whos going to pay it back? The exchange rate of the $ is getting lower and lower each time I come over. Every time the Republicans are in, it goes down.

You may of hated B Clinton, but at least he got a LOT of the debt paid off, and then George decides to spend more.

Maybe watch this and judge for yourself. I cant remember seeing Obamas tax's being that high, in most of the things I have seen it seems as though he is giving more tax breaks, but also allowing americans to get back together as a nation and as a world power. Because right now its torn at the seams. (Thats just my opinion so the usual suspects dont go jumping on the band wagon to shoot the Brit!)

YouTube - Dollar in Danger- The Greatest Threat to America

"This is the single greatest threat to America.
The official national debt figure, now approaching $9 trillion, reflects only what the federal government owes in current debts on money already borrowed. It does not reflect what the federal government has promised to pay millions of Americans in entitlement benefits down the road. Those future obligations put our real debt figure at roughly fifty trillion dollars- a staggering sum that is about as large as the total household net worth of the entire United States. Your share of this fifty trillion amounts to about $175,000.

Don't believe for a second that we can grow our way out of the problem through a prosperous economy that yields higher future tax revenues. If present trends continue, by 2040 the entire federal budget will be consumed by Social Security and Medicare alone. The only options for balancing the budget would be cutting total federal spending by about 60%, or doubling federal taxes. To close the long-term entitlement gap, the U.S. economy would have to grow by double digits every year for the next 75 years.
"

And do you really want to vote for a president who dies from a cold winter? At least a sniper is interesting! -Watch this vid for that quote.
YouTube - Mock the Week: Series 6: Episode 4 (Part 1/3)

You can watch it all but it starts about 2:40

And thats my multimedia input!

PMBG83

Im all for this election. This is actually the first one Ive been excited for and havent been completely frazzled by my upcoming decision to vote.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabou82
I really hate when people post things of this nature in forums that are not political! Although everyone is free to make their own decisions on whichever candidate they support and why, I think postings of this nature are definitely skewed! From the data that was posted, it appears that this post is skewed in favor of McCain. And that's fine, if the goal of this post is to support McCain but by the data that was posted, this "portrait" of the candidates proposed agendas on tax reform are not objective! Anyway, I just hope that people do not rely on posts such as this to inform them of each cadidates policies but rather base their decisions on their investigations. That being said, I feel that it would have been more appropiate to post the links and invite Specktra members to visit those links and intelligently analyze each candidate's position on various issues.

Peace!

This is the Deep Thoughts section. Don't like political posts? Don't click. It's pretty freaking obvious what a post will be about when it is titled "2008 Presidential Candidates Comparison."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuterChick
McCain has said that he would keep our men and women over in Iraq for 100 years if need be....... That is a scary thought!!
thmbdn.gif

Out of context. Do people realize that we are still in Japan and Korea 50 and 60 years later?

That said, some of that stuff isn't even right. Obama doesn't support gay marriages, he puts out that pandering bullshit that he supports civil unions. If you look at the actual words he has used, he believes marriage is one man/one woman because he is a Christian.

Civil Unions instead of Gay Marriages. Today's Separate but Equal.

SkylarV217

I'm not sure but i think the suports section was based upon previous votes... The way the candidates have voted in the past as senators.

Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr. - Voting Record

The above is a link to all of the votes put to Congress while Obama Has been a senator, as wellas his vote YES, NO, or NV ( No Vote)

The website is awesome when you want to check up on any political candidate and how they have voted in the past.

Project Vote Smart - Same Sex Marriage Resolution

I can't post it as a link ? - but that is a vote where he voted in support of Gay Marriage by voting to not allow states to ban it as a legal institution.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
The facts are this.

America is in over 1 trillion debt. Whos going to pay it back? The exchange rate of the $ is getting lower and lower each time I come over. Every time the Republicans are in, it goes down.

You may of hated B Clinton, but at least he got a LOT of the debt paid off, and then George decides to spend more.

The president (whomever he/she may be) cannot authorize spending willy nilly. Congress has to authorize the spending, and if I'm not mistaken, it as a DEMOCRATIC Congress that authorized all those expenditures. How come no one is placing any blame on them?

The value of the dollar is in the tank due to the economy and that also isn't the fault of the president alone. I'm really not trying to defend Bush, but the blame should be spread more equally between his administration and Congress. Neither party has done that great of a job these past eight years.

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
I may not be thrilled with Obama, but McCain and his anti-choice VP will *NEVER* get my vote.

It is pretty fucking cut and dry for me. Personal freedoms > *perceived* tax hikes any. day. of. the. week.

I'm pro-choice all the way, but if you look at the statistics for abortions, they're mind blowing
ssad.gif

I choose to use contraceptives, practice safe sex, use condoms, use birth control pills, and all tha jazz ... I choose to be responsible.

in the worst case scenario, if they overturn Roe vs. Wade, it will go back to the States ... I don't think that will happen any time soon.

reverieinbflat

Whoever worded that comparison was really right wing biased.

That being said, make up your own mind on this whole thing.

Beauty Mark

If you aren't thrilled with the Dems or the Republicans, vote third party!! There are so many parties out there that don't get the publicity that Obama or McCain do. I haven't checked out who the Libertarians are running (I'm on the fence about the Green Party person; they're running a black woman for president with a Latina woman as her running mate), but there are so many parties to pick from. Don't get boxed into the 2 party system.

A lot of people feel like the third parties are wasting your vote, but if more people "wasted" their votes, those parties would have a fighting chance.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
A lot of people feel like the third parties are wasting your vote, but if more people "wasted" their votes, those parties would have a fighting chance.

that's how i justified voting for ron paul in the primaries...apparently not enough people "wasted" their vote along with me though.
ssad.gif

Beauty Mark

I think a lot of people are truly afraid of the whole "wasting your vote" thing. I find it sad and very scary.

I always hated the voting for Ralph Nader is like throwing your vote away or giving your vote to George Bush. Regardless of how you feel about Ralph Nader, I think that's pretty poor. It's his right to run, and if he's "stealing" votes, you should run a better campaign.

I don't think the Green Party, for instance, is ever going to hold a majority. I understand and accept that (I do think the Libertarians and politically moderate groups have, in principle, a great chance). However, I do believe that if more people voted beyond the two choices presented to use constantly, there would be more representation of our true views as a nation.

SkylarV217

Third parties are finally gaining a little ground, they actually have a rather large dent in the votes. I think it will be several more years b/4 we see a third party really holding its own in an election, I would venture to say it will happen a lot sooner if they we keep getting major party candidates like the ones we've been getting ...

mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
With all that ridiculous tax info on Obama, it almost makes me want to vote McCain. I know we won't get much "CHANGE" but I'd rather have no change for four years then a complete disruption and expense. lol

Is this tax money gonna go towards the Social Security that's not even going to be there for me when it's my time? pft

Do not forget the issue of government corruption. Obama has a history of associating with corrupt financiers like recently convicted felon Tony Rezko (who himself was suspiciously involved in a real estate transaction with Obama in 2005 as well as wrote letters of patronage for him to obtain state funding), unrepentant terrorists like William Ayers who founded the radical group The Weathermen which bombed various buildings including the Capitol building in Washington DC (read up on them here and Ayers lack of regret for his past indiscretions here[1]).

Throw in the twenty year association with a racist church preacher whom Obama considered a "mentor", married him, baptized his kids, etc. and that Obama did not distance himself from this individual until it was starting to affect his presidential campaign and it all shows a serious lack of judgment on Obama's part.

Yes the younger crowds really eat up his great oratory but as a student of history, I see chilling parallels to Obama's orations and the fawning crowds of Nuremberg in the 1930's when Chancellor Hitler gave his speeches. I am not saying Obama is Hitler of course, only that there are troubling parallels in both cases of huge crowds being swayed by rhetoric to be "foot soldiers" in whatever proposed "revolution" he presumes to lead. And as Obama's minions are currently trying on his behalf to intimidate stations to not air a commercial about his connections to Ayers, anyone who thinks he would not try to reinstate that Nazistic so-called "Fairness Doctrine" needs to pay closer attention.

Also, all this talk about raising capital gains taxes and "soaking the rich" for any of you who buy into this you need a basic education in how markets and investments work. Raising the capital gains tax rate from 15% to 40% as Obama has proposed doing would cause capital investment to sink like quicksand and it would mean a lot of lost jobs of the non-rich. Investors would not want to make new investments or cash out of ones they are in out of fear of being hit with a huge tax bill. And as a result, tax revenues would decline and that would exacerbate the deficit further. One should learn from mistakes but Obama shows an inability to do so.

While there are things about McCain which I find problematical as well, he shows himself to have learned about involving oneself with questionable people after the Keating 5 scandal (of which he was cleared of any charges) and has spent twenty years fighting government graft and corruption as a result. By contrast, Obama is only now starting to shed himself of longtime affiliations which show a lot poorer judgment than McCain made twenty years ago in the Keating situation.

Note:

[1] 'I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' [Bill Ayers: Excerpt from the New York Times (circa September 11, 2001)]

PMBG83

I was listening to Tom Joyner the other day and there is some talk about McCain's running mate and there being an investigation looking into her firing a director of sorts for not firing a state trooper because the fellow wants to divorce her sister. Has anyone else heard this?

Status
Not open for further replies.