A Muse; Avante Gold; Untamed - Fall 2006 (color stories)

AmourDolce

WOW!!
smiles.gif
thats all i can say!!
lol.gif
th_worship.gif

By the way, does any one know the prices for the MSF's?? Both the shimmery and non-shimmery...

Coco_Hailey

I really love this collection, but I'm on a budget and so far I'm getting one mineralize e/s duo, one matte msf, maybe one fluidline (that's for the July stuff) BUT I'm not sure about the l/s and l/g, so based on the pictures, can you say if the l/s and l/g are similar to any existing shades? Please help! I need to squeeze my wanted list really tight! tia
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Babyy
WOW!!
smiles.gif
thats all i can say!!
lol.gif
th_worship.gif

By the way, does any one know the prices for the MSF's?? Both the shimmery and non-shimmery...

I think the shimmery ones are $23.50, not sure about the other ones, but I imagine they's be the same...

Vennie

I went to an event at the Vegas Pro store this past weekend and we were able to see the matte MSF's and they are incredible. I was picked for a make over with Jen and she used the medium color to contour and the light all over as a finishing powder. These are very soft and finely filled. I cannot wait for them to come out. She told us they would be out in September. So I am excited that they are coming out sooner. I will be buying both colors.

Classic Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vennie
I went to an event at the Vegas Pro store this past weekend and we were able to see the matte MSF's and they are incredible. I was picked for a make over with Jen and she used the medium color to contour and the light all over as a finishing powder. These are very soft and finely filled. I cannot wait for them to come out. She told us they would be out in September. So I am excited that they are coming out sooner. I will be buying both colors.

So is it just like a powder for all over the face? or is it a highlighter and contour thing?

Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
We saw everything in person today guys and it was HOTTTT!! The new MSF is gorgeous... The Technacolor e/s are RIDICULOUS!! And literally everything is out of this world gorgeous...

THIS is going to be the MAC I know and love, lots of COLOR!

please tell us, what does Shooting Star look like???
icon_eek.gif

caroni99

There was an event in Toronto that was a tribute to Edie Sedgwick and MAC was also at this event:

http://toronto.fashion-monitor.com/n...4edie-sedgwick

While reading about Edie Sedgwick I found that A LOT of the names from MAC's A Muse collection relate to her which is pretty cool. She was an interesting person for sure.

Anywho, that's my boring little tidbit for the day.

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
There was an event in Toronto that was a tribute to Edie Sedgwick and MAC was also at this event:

http://toronto.fashion-monitor.com/n...4edie-sedgwick

While reading about Edie Sedgwick I found that A LOT of the names from MAC's A Muse collection relate to her which is pretty cool. She was an interesting person for sure.

Anywho, that's my boring little tidbit for the day.

th_wiggle2.gif
th_wiggle2.gif
oh yeah! i thought that was the case. I posted earlier that a lot of the names seem "inspired" by that whole Andy Warhol/factory scene & Edie was his Muse, plus Factory Girl (an atroshish "factual-fiction" movie w/ Sienna Miller) is releasing sometime in the fall & they used MAC on set. (i dunno why i'm so happy about this)
yahoo.gif

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vennie

oh yay! lucky, did you try to sneak it
rofl.gif
graucho.gif

:confused:
th_confused_new.gif
I thought the release dates we got had the 27th (July) being the release date for Avant Gold (ie the matte MSFs)?
but you just sold me on getting one

is it just me or does anyone else feel a little "gollum"
th_crazy.gif
about MSFs (granted I don't own one just yet, but in a few weeks I'll have 3, then a week later, a few more) ---i know i'm def. like that over my pigments, i'll open the drawer & just stare at them b/c they're sooo pretty.
th_dunno.gif
:goofy:

Hmmm, now I just need a way to FUND all these....Well, I don't know about anyone else but the more you collect the easier it gets to substitute for things that are similar, and you don't want to buy
smiles.gif

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishoon

is it just me or does anyone else feel a little "gollum"
th_crazy.gif
about MSFs (granted I don't own one just yet, but in a few weeks I'll have 3, then a week later, a few more) ---i know i'm def. like that over my pigments, i'll open the drawer & just stare at them b/c they're sooo pretty.
th_dunno.gif
:goofy:

girl i feel ya on that one.
i did have a naked you msf, but it i sold it.(too chunky/glittery for me) i am psyced for these!!!
shrimpagne,porce. pink and poss., shooting star(if it is like naked you, minus the major glitter chunkitude.) and I am all about the non shiny msf's. they seem like flawless finish powders...i think i will love them over sff.
the MAC powder of my dreams. shame it won't be portable...i will be to skeered to tote it around w/ me.

Vennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty
So is it just like a powder for all over the face? or is it a highlighter and contour thing?

It is like a powder for all over the face. She just used the light as an all over color for me and the medium to contour. It looked really natural and gave a soft finish. I usually use blot powder and this looked more polished and smooth.

EmbalmerBabe

Hey this website is so cool. I am so glad I found it. I was looking all over for these pictures and I finally found them! =)
Are those Avant Gold compacts sort of like a bronzer or something?
I don't get it...
Also why the heck can't MAC provide such great photos like this of their products on the website? Those stupid little color squares are not very helpful.
Any how I wish all of this stuff was not coming out because I spent way too much on Lure and other makeup items! I can't keep up!
Lol

lianna

The Avant Gold MSFs are supposed to be matte, unlike the previous ones e.g. Petticoat, Gold Deposit etc. They seem sort of like a finishing powder, and there has been some discussion about them having a satin effect so that you look 'glowy' rather than shimmery after using them but I'm not sure how much of that is just speculation.

Their main purpose seems to be mostly for highlighting and contouring.

amy_forster

I have the UK release dates!!!

I've just spoken to another lovely lady at the UK customer services for MAC/Estee Lauder 08700342999) and she's given me the release dates for the upcoming collections so here goes girlies...

A Muse - 3rd August
Avant Gold - 3rd August
Technacolour - 3rd August
Plushglass - 1st September
Untamed - 1st September
Rockocco - 1st September
Viva Glam - 7th September

I hope that helps you all plan your savings!!! I know it has me!!! I can't believe they're releasing everything so close together!!!!

Eemaan

ive just spoken to someone from selrfrides in manchester and hey said patternmaker will be out in August
ssad.gif
not july 7th as anticpated