All Things Sephora

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF] Oh that sounds pretty too!!![/COLOR]
Right? I want to see what that looks like. I really want just matte lipsticks, but I don't think the rose gold finish is possible with that. So I might have to get a different finish if that rose gold is too gorgeous to refuse.

laurennnxox

Right? I want to see what that looks like. I really want just matte lipsticks, but I don't think the rose gold finish is possible with that. So I might have to get a different finish if that rose gold is too gorgeous to refuse.
Rose gold finish!? Oh man! Have fun! I am jealous. You'll have to share pics!!! :)

elegant-one

Thanks I ordered it, I always miss it.
pompom.gif
Happy to help! Wonder which shade of it you'll get lol.

thebloomroom

You have to pat it on gently with the sponge that came with it. I would think a regular cosmetic sponge or a beauty
blender would also work. Doing anything other than patting will definitely move your makeup if you're applying it on
top.
yeah this is what i tried, i'll continue that then :) thank you all!

pandorablack

Today I was told I "support torture and murder" for buying makeup from companies that test on animals (and I'm here to tell you ladies, almost all of them do this b/c they want to sell makeup in China where animal testing is the law).

I'm retreating to Spectra where everything is fluffy and rainbows and I never see arguments. Love you ladies!!!

thefbomb

Just wondering have any of you ever applied for a seasonal position at sephora? I'm debating it but I don't know what to expect... I'm admittedly not great at makeup application and I've only been to 1 interview... I have a full time job now but I'm thinking of getting a second job

pandorablack

Just wondering have any of you ever applied for a seasonal position at sephora? I'm debating it but I don't know what to expect... I'm admittedly not great at makeup application and I've only been to 1 interview... I have a full time job now but I'm thinking of getting a second job
I have. I never even got a call back. Ulta called me, but by the time they did I was already in beauty school. Which is just as well. I don't want to work retail forever anyway.

Sorry, I guess I am not too helpful. I don't know why Sephora won't hire me. I have lots of retail experience including management experience (but no experience in makeup).

I hope you get the job! Fingers crossed for you!

thefbomb

I have. I never even got a call back. Ulta called me, but by the time they did I was already in beauty school. Which is just as well. I don't want to work retail forever anyway. Sorry, I guess I am not too helpful. I don't know why Sephora won't hire me. I have lots of retail experience including management experience (but no experience in makeup). I hope you get the job! Fingers crossed for you!
I also have lots of retail experience but my interview skills are rusty. Not 100% sure yet if I'm going to give it a try but I'm highly considering it

mel33t

I also have lots of retail experience but my interview skills are rusty. Not 100% sure yet if I'm going to give it a try but I'm highly considering it
I did in college. It was a Sephora in JC Penny's and I didn't even like makeup at the time. I just needed a job. They did call me back but they were only going to pay me $8 (this was 2007) so I went back to Starbucks which paid me more, plus free food

khhmakeup

I actually used to work at Sephora in Ottawa. What position have you applied for? It's easier to get a job there, especially seasonal, if you apply for a position at cash, operations (in the back and stocking items), or even hair/skin care. I found it very easy to get a job after handing in my resume and the application. If you have any specific questions you want to ask, let me know! :)

thefbomb

I actually used to work at Sephora in Ottawa. What position have you applied for? It's easier to get a job there, especially seasonal, if you apply for a position at cash, operations (in the back and stocking items), or even hair/skin care. I found it very easy to get a job after handing in my resume and the application. If you have any specific questions you want to ask, let me know! :)
I actually haven't applied yet! They're having a job fair on Saturday & doing on the spot interviews! I just don't really want to apply products on people so I guess I'd be best off with cash? I don't really need another job, like I said I have a full time but I wouldn't mind having extra income & I think I'd enjoy working there

khhmakeup

I actually haven't applied yet! They're having a job fair on Saturday & doing on the spot interviews! I just don't really want to apply products on people so I guess I'd be best off with cash? I don't really need another job, like I said I have a full time but I wouldn't mind having extra income & I think I'd enjoy working there
It's a great place to work during the holiday season! If you already have a full time job working cash or operations sound like a good option! I actually really liked operations since you have a lot of different options for working hours. Wear all black to the job fair, something a Sephora employee would wear. When you're seasonal you have to wear your own clothes, they don't provide you with a uniform. Also, wear a full face of makeup that you think makes you stand out! When I was working there they had a rule that you had to wear a foundation, at least 2 or 3 eyeshadow colours, a lipstick, blush, and your eyebrows done. They're pretty good about hours if you have another job! Good luck if you decide to go through with it!

thefbomb

have you checked  thread "Working for sephora" you might find some useful info there 
Thanks I'll check it out!
It's a great place to work during the holiday season! If you already have a full time job working cash or operations sound like a good option! I actually really liked operations since you have a lot of different options for working hours. Wear all black to the job fair, something a Sephora employee would wear. When you're seasonal you have to wear your own clothes, they don't provide you with a uniform. Also, wear a full face of makeup that you think makes you stand out! When I was working there they had a rule that you had to wear a foundation, at least 2 or 3 eyeshadow colours, a lipstick, blush, and your eyebrows done. They're pretty good about hours if you have another job! Good luck if you decide to go through with it!
I'll have to practice since I don't usually wear eyeshadow! Thanks for all your help!

Latest posts