All Things Sephora

Bronwyn

I might "bite the bullet" on the discovery lip set. 3 full size items makes this set a total steal. I haven't tried anything from the brand so this seems like a good opportunity.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm wanting to buy 6 makeup forever eyeshadows.  I don't own any at the moment, can anyone tell me how they are? All reviews online seem to be great!  I'd be getting these colors: I824 S604  S610 I606  ME612 S516 
Have a look through this thread... http://www.specktra.net/t/189015/new-mufe-artist-shadows
I just randomly did the math for it and then saw your comment haha!  I do not own it and don't plan on buying it but Sephora says it's a "$132.00 value" and after calculating the ounces to price ratio of each specific product it is really only worth about $49!!!!  The only Hourglass powder I own is Dim Light which everyone raves about as a great under eye setting powder but whenever I tried using it that way it made my under eye area way too dark! (I'm NW20, NW15 for the under eyes) It does a better job as an all-over finishing powder.  I'd say if you're not really interested in any of the other holiday palettes this year and you've really been wanting to try a variety of the Hourglass products go for it.  It'd probably be worth it to you in that aspect.
I figured, on anyone generally NC/NW20 or lighter, Dim Light would be closer to a bronzer or contour. Try Ethereal or Diffused for under the eyes instead? Anyhoo. The big Hourglass palette is a big :fluffy: for me. I do want to try one of the Ambient Lighting Powder, have wanted to for a while, but I wouldn't use anything else, I don't think.

Sabrunka

Anyhoo. The big Hourglass palette is a big
fluffy.gif
for me. I do want to try one of the Ambient Lighting Powder, have wanted to for a while, but I wouldn't use anything else, I don't think.
Oh! Yah, DUH, I didn't even think to check there, lol! Thanks darlin.

shizzelly

It also really pisses me off that it's not worth the value considering the quantity of product it has! But it's a good all in one palette. I can see why people who already have some of these shades separately would skip on it but I'm definitely considering it. So far, it is the only Holiday palette I'm intereste in. The rest seem ''eh'' to me. I'm also very fair like you. Do you think the powders really make a difference in making the skin look better/more perfected/blurring imperfections or does it do what any other high end setting powder does? I'm very on the fence about this and could use some opinions haha
I'm not crazy about the Dim Light one but I'm sure I'd like one of the lighter ones better, I only got DL because it comes in the smaller size and I wanted to try one of them. I'm combination so I always use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set and my favorite finishing powder is the Guerlain Meteorites!
Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

So, I placed an order at Sephora on the 19th and just today they sent me an email which made me check my orders, only to realize that my order was no processed, even though my card was charged. Funds take ten days to be refunded. Grrrrr.
Emailed them back but might have to call and try not to sound like steam is coming out my ears.
Wow, what did you order? Was it sold out??

VAL4M

has anyone tried these? Blotterazzy by beauty blender. You can use these instead of blotting papers. I don't mind being the guinea pig for these.

http://www.sephora.com/blotterazzi-by-beautyblender-P398911?skuId=1717925&icid2=_editors%27%20picks_p398911_image#pdp-reviews
Tati on youtube did a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECcpR55wk9A

VAL4M

Right from what I saw on different blog, but are still not on Sephora Canada website, for November Sephora sale my wish list is getting bigger and bigger

So far I want:
Becca highlight palette and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Glow On The Go
Marc Jacob big palette (need to know the price of the sucker thought they say 99$US but wonder what it will be in $CAN)
Make Up For Ever 15 Artist Shadow Palette
Guerlain holiday palette and meteorite balls (but will not purchase at Sephora)

Bronwyn

Right from what I saw on different blog, but are still not on Sephora Canada website, for November Sephora sale my wish list is getting bigger and bigger

So far I want:
Becca highlight palette and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Glow On The Go
Marc Jacob big palette (need to know the price of the sucker thought they say 99$US but wonder what it will be in $CAN)
Make Up For Ever 15 Artist Shadow Palette
Guerlain holiday palette and meteorite balls (but will not purchase at Sephora)
the mj palette is 119 cad.

Prettypackages

Tati on youtube did a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECcpR55wk9A
Thank you!

[rant]
UGH, did we have to see her shopping? She couldn't justtdo a quick review? Did we have to see the whole exchange in the car? Play with her hair? talk about her ring? UGH. Why do vloggers think we want to listen to them go on endlesssly? You're not a celeb, no one cares about your day to day. Hell I don't even care about celebs like that.
I don't even need to see a live demo. Half the time, I can't see the change on film. Just say if you like it and why. If you're swatching, just show the color. that's all.
[end rant]

shontay07108

Thank you!  [rant] UGH, did we have to see her shopping?  She couldn't justtdo a quick review? Did we have to see the whole exchange in the car? Play with her hair? talk about her ring?  UGH.  Why do vloggers think we want to listen to  them go on endlesssly? You're not a celeb, no one cares about your day to day.  Hell I don't even care about celebs like that.  I don't even need to see a live demo.  Half the time, I can't see the change on film. Just say if you like it and why.  If you're swatching, just show the color.  that's all.  [end rant]
Everybody wants to be a star, everybody wants to be loved, everybody thinks that every mundane thought in their head deserves to be heard by the masses. It's the social media age that allows them to play out their vanity and of course, there's always people willing to indulge. I used to think about a youtube channel, but there is no way. It would be so matter of fact and I am not here for all this get ready with me, FAQs and life updates. One of the best quotes I've ever heard was a blog is where vanity meets loneliness and that also goes for youtube. This coming from a person who has a blog, mind you.

VAL4M

Thank you!

[rant]
UGH, did we have to see her shopping? She couldn't justtdo a quick review? Did we have to see the whole exchange in the car? Play with her hair? talk about her ring? UGH. Why do vloggers think we want to listen to them go on endlesssly? You're not a celeb, no one cares about your day to day. Hell I don't even care about celebs like that.
I don't even need to see a live demo. Half the time, I can't see the change on film. Just say if you like it and why. If you're swatching, just show the color. that's all.
[end rant]
LOL but isn't she a Desparate housewives of something .... she has a fan based :p LOL I didn't watch it all but yah she does that .... but i'm sure she is in a reality tv

boschicka

Everybody wants to be a star, everybody wants to be loved, everybody thinks that every mundane thought in their head deserves to be heard by the masses. It's the social media age that allows them to play out their vanity and of course, there's always people willing to indulge. I used to think about a youtube channel, but there is no way. It would be so matter of fact and I am not here for all this get ready with me, FAQs and life updates. One of the best quotes I've ever heard was a blog is where vanity meets loneliness and that also goes for youtube. This coming from a person who has a blog, mind you.

Agreed. That's why all celebrities are out of their minds. B/c people kiss their behinds and validate that behavior. Such behavior doesn't fly for the rest of us b/c the real world b*tch slaps us into our place.

Ajigglin

There hasn't been anything about what the Lip Lab for October is, has there? It's my birth month, so I was going to get it, unless it sucks. There's something about October that gets us shafted all the time as compared to other months. We used to get Nat. Geo. or World Wildlife Fund calendars when I was a kid, and every month was some adorable, fuzzy animal. And then October would be a fish. Or a vulture. Never like, a red panda, or baby cheetahs, or something. Sorry... still bitter. :rolleyes:
Lmao! That was an awesome rant.

Medgal07

love.gif
Sophia came to see me today!!! Sophia Loren for D & G. The color is lovely but probably dupeable. The swatch feels nice on my hand but I haven't yet tried it on my lips.
I'm a fan and I had to have it.

Medgal07

I just wanna be alive every morning, and stand on my own two feet, and walk under my own steam and put off wearing Depends for as long as I can
greengrin.gif

shizzelly

There hasn't been anything about what the Lip Lab for October is, has there? It's my birth month, so I was going to get it, unless it sucks. There's something about October that gets us shafted all the time as compared to other months. We used to get Nat. Geo. or World Wildlife Fund calendars when I was a kid, and every month was some adorable, fuzzy animal. And then October would be a fish. Or a vulture. Never like, a red panda, or baby cheetahs, or something. Sorry... still bitter.
th_rolleye0014.gif
I really hope that October's lipstick is something close to any one of the super gorgeous Canada-exclusives that came out last month.
rasta.gif

shizzelly

love.gif
Sophia came to see me today!!! Sophia Loren for D & G. The color is lovely but probably dupeable. The swatch feels nice on my hand but I haven't yet tried it on my lips.
I'm a fan and I had to have it.

ohhh I get mine tomorrow!! It looks slightly like Bad Girl Riri in your swatch, I could be totally off though!

Latest posts