All Things Sephora

fur4elise

Definitely! I like fairly structured, classic bags but I had been buying 1-2 a year and wearing them into the ground for years. I finally decided to try a better quality onec and see if it made a difference. Then I got another couple, etc. In the last year or two, I've been buying a couple at semi-annual sales. I have 8-9 now in dust bags and I rotate them frequently. I don't think I'd want many more than this (if any); I've got just enough to have a nice variety and switch them out often. I like that I can drop a couple off at Coach after I using them awhile and then pick them up cleaned, conditioned and looking brand new a day or two later.
Ditto! I already forget what I have. And since my effort is to dekrappify a la Marie Kondo, I am making an effort to use what I have or let it go. The only thing I really want is a structured purple bag...the only color I love but do not have in my collection.
Have you guys used glitter primers before? I had been using one from Too Faced but it's gone right off... texture is like water.... it's weird. I promptly threw it in the bin. Now I'm looking for a replacement. Do you have any recommendations?
I second the NYX! I use it with the Stila Magnificent Metals shadows & it does a great job of locking in the glitter. I admit I am super careful with application of the shadows because of the micro glitter fallout.

Shars

I've used the one by NYX and it seems pretty good. Not sure of any other high ones.
Ditto! I already forget what I have. And since my effort is to dekrappify a la Marie Kondo, I am making an effort to use what I have or let it go. The only thing I really want is a structured purple bag...the only color I love but do not have in my collection.

I second the NYX! I use it with the Stila Magnificent Metals shadows & it does a great job of locking in the glitter. I admit I am super careful with application of the shadows because of the micro glitter fallout.

Thanks ladies! I will try the NYX one.

ARmakeupjunkie

I logged on to the Sephora website today and realized that today was the last day of the promotion. I surprised myself and added a NARS X Charlotte Gainsberg Velvet Duo in Old Church and a Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Rose Gold. I need to stop I've placed 3 orders at different retailers in the last 2 days.
MAC
Sephora
Ulta

Waiting on Colourpop to restock that Yes Please palette and then I'm done for the next month or so....
Maybe.un

EDIT: So Colourpop has decided to push back the date of the YES PLEASE palette restock to a TBD date. It was supposed to be launched today at 1pm EST. Their site still says 6/28/2017 @ 10am PST but they only updated their information via Instagram Stories. The only way I figured that out was after refreshing the site for the last 30 mins, I popped on to Instagram and under their lastest post were a bunch of complaints. You would think they would have done the smart thing and updated the site ( where everyone was going to try to buy said item) to reflect that. *sighs*
I second your list and will add Too Faced and Lane Bryant. Kinda mad right now I didn't wait to order the Becca Light Chasers from Becca since they are doing 25% off right now. I was so trying to hold off from buying anything until my birthday since I will be stopping in my favorite Sephora but, I can't pass up a sale.

Icecaramellatte

My order came today. Record time! I ordered late Wednesday night before the code expired. 3 UD lipsticks and 2 liners from the new collection and Black Opium Nuit Blanche. I've been wanting that one since it was released but it has been unavailable in the U.S.

Also stopped by Sephora today and picked up the Natasha Denona pink blush duo(chrome) - Rayo. I had to go to 2 stores to find it. It is sold out online but says available in store. I am absolutely loving the combo of the Milk Mars highlighter stick with the Coral blush duo(chrome), Alba. I want the same loveliness in pink but I think I need something to combine it with. I don't have the first Milk holo stick but I think that one leans purple anyway. Maybe one of the Mac strobe creams or Tom Ford creme blush. Hmmm I have to search my stash.

Later, I get home and find out that some of the Sephoras have the new Pro eyeshadow palette available so I'm kicking myself for not looking for it. Oh well.

I finally swatched the new Becca highlighters and love them! I had kind of decided to skip the Becca site sale but . . . now I'm not sure.

MaryJane

When Sephora posted the new Bite Liquified lipsticks earlier this week, they had one color, Puree, available. It was the one I wanted to I ordered it. My first impression is that it reminds me of a pigmented lipgloss - similar to the more pigmented ABH glosses. It's definitely not drying the the KVD Everlasting lipsticks.

lipstickaddict

My order came today. Record time! I ordered late Wednesday night before the code expired. 3 UD lipsticks and 2 liners from the new collection and Black Opium Nuit Blanche. I've been wanting that one since it was released but it has been unavailable in the U.S.

Also stopped by Sephora today and picked up the Natasha Denona pink blush duo(chrome) - Rayo. I had to go to 2 stores to find it. It is sold out online but says available in store. I am absolutely loving the combo of the Milk Mars highlighter stick with the Coral blush duo(chrome), Alba. I want the same loveliness in pink but I think I need something to combine it with. I don't have the first Milk holo stick but I think that one leans purple anyway. Maybe one of the Mac strobe creams or Tom Ford creme blush. Hmmm I have to search my stash.

Later, I get home and find out that some of the Sephoras have the new Pro eyeshadow palette available so I'm kicking myself for not looking for it. Oh well.

I finally swatched the new Becca highlighters and love them! I had kind of decided to skip the Becca site sale but . . . now I'm not sure.

Alba has been on my loves list since it launched- Glad you are loving it! I don't actually know if they were ever available in Canada or not, but there certainly has not been a re-stock. If I wake up in the night I check lol. Will definitely grab it if it ever becomes available here or restocks on Beautylish!

fur4elise

image.jpeg
Indoor daylight

image.jpeg
Outside partial sunlight

I am so glad I did not sleep on the Naked Heat palette! It may be dupable but to me, hands down, this is the most cohesive UD since the original Naked palette. The swatches are one tiny swipe on bare skin, no filters. :heart: Love! And the packaging...fantastic! I am excited to play with this new addition. :D

Last edited:

KiKi Kontour

So becuz i missed out on the promotion aka never received an email :wtf: i got the writing they azzez so they replied with me applying it thru a phone order!! I kinda cringe cuz i hate not using beats for my sephora orders :doh::doh::doh::doh: (esp since they took away nordies) but i got the Tatcha Best Sellers Set and Burberry Lip Velvet in coral (i freaking LOVE these).

DILLIGAF

I second your list and will add Too Faced and Lane Bryant. Kinda mad right now I didn't wait to order the Becca Light Chasers from Becca since they are doing 25% off right now. I was so trying to hold off from buying anything until my birthday since I will be stopping in my favorite Sephora but, I can't pass up a sale.

Maybe its the best that I never knew about the Becca or the Too Faced sales. I'm supposed to be saving to go to my cousin's destination wedding. However who can pass up a good sale. In the last few days I will have to say there have been some good sales.

DILLIGAF

Sephora wasn't playing with these orders this time around. I ordered on Wednesday as well and my box was waiting for me at home on Friday after work. I grabbed the plum UD liner from ULTA.

I think I should be seeing 2 more boxes today lol

fur4elise

Maybe its the best that I never knew about the Becca or the Too Faced sales. I'm supposed to be saving to go to my cousin's destination wedding. However who can pass up a good sale. In the last few days I will have to say there have been some good sales.

Same on the shipping for me too! Got my order in 2 days flat! AND yeah...the sales keep rolling in. Visage, Belk, etc. I am trying not to blow my budget the first week of July!

Icecaramellatte

Yes! The sales have been nonstop. I'm supposed to be saving too. A wedding to attend and a trip coming up. That is why I decided to skip Becca. But it was so hard. Plus, I know some stuff is releasing in the next few days I want.
Alba has been on my loves list since it launched- Glad you are loving it! I don't actually know if they were ever available in Canada or not, but there certainly has not been a re-stock. If I wake up in the night I check lol. Will definitely grab it if it ever becomes available here or restocks on Beautylish!
I'm nor certain that Alba will work for me but I loved Rayo so much, I thought I must give Alba a go. They did not have a tester out, only one of Rayo. I just knew the 2 compacts I saw for sale must have been Rayo but they were not. I hate buying the last of though and the boxes did not look pristine. Look like they had been opened. I asked the SA if I could open it and make sure it was untouched and she opened it for me and it looked untouched. I'm funny like that. Will give it a go soon though. I was so surprised when I saw it out of stock and for so long too. I'm sure Beautylish will restock though. BTW I thought I saw something about a Natasha Denona store in NYC. I forgot to research. Does anyone know if it a retail store? It could be just a studio. I saw a brush on Beautylish that I was interested in that has disappeared off the site. I am wondering now if I could get it at the store if there is one.

lipstickaddict

So becuz i missed out on the promotion aka never received an email :wtf: i got the writing they azzez so they replied with me applying it thru a phone order!! I kinda cringe cuz i hate not using beats for my sephora orders :doh::doh::doh::doh: (esp since they took away nordies) but i got the Tatcha Best Sellers Set and Burberry Lip Velvet in coral (i freaking LOVE these).

Glad you could al least get the discount after the fact! Awesome choices! The Burberry Lip velvets are probably my favorite formula for liquid lipsticks. I am really hoping they release more shades! Absolutely love coral! I have also been loving Tatcha. The violet-C radiant mask finally launched in Canada today, and I ordered it immediately. Cannot wait to try it!

Icecaramellatte

I can't find the Tarte thread. I'll post here since I was going to order this item from Sephora but the Tarte sale came along. I ordered the Rose Gold liner -finally. On sale so I figured now was the time. I ordered a single shadow and the Graveyard Girl palette. I saw Graveyard Girl in Sephora and liked the colors but decided I didn't need it. Well, every time I watched a Youtube video, I wanted it again. Ah the power of Youtube. Well, I kept resisting but Tarte had it for a great price so I added that one in as well. But the order was for the liner. Well, it just showed up on my doorstep. I wasn't even expecting it. Well there was no liner in the box and the Graveyard girl shadow was shattered. I called and they said they would send the liner but I had to email a photo of the palette. I did so and they offered a discount, a refund or an exchange. I opted for the exchange. Seems reasonable but when I thought about it, I had the same issue with Jouer and BH Cosmetics recently. Shattered items. Both companies made my provide a photo but both companies sent the replacement items out to me without my having to go online, fill out forms, print labels, box up and deliver to the shipping service and then wait for a replacement. I'm surprised as I believe both companies to be much smaller companies than Tarte. Also, Jouer took a while to send the replacement but they did apologize for it and sent the replacement wrapped up really well. Tarte just had a little tissue paper in the box. The tissue paper was pretty but it wasn't wrapped very well. Just surprised.

MaryJane

My Sephora had the new Pro eyeshadow palettes for sale! They weren't out so ask for them if you're interested. I finger swatched both the cool and warm palettes. Here are my thoughts based on the swatches...

If I had to rate them, the cool gets a B, while the warm is a B+. The warm palette had more hits than misses.

Both palettes have a mix of chrome (glitter), matte, satin and shimmer shades. The glitter shades are HORRIBLE. Almost no base color swatched on my hand, just the glitter. It wasn't finely milled either, definitely gritty.

At first glance, the colors in the warm palette are stunning. I thought they were very similar to the ND Sunset palette but, when I got the warm palette home and compared them side by side, the ND is much more red/orange. The colors in the Viseart Warm Mattes are more similar to the ones in the Warm Pro.

The quality of the ND eye shadows is superior but, considering the number of shadows in the Pro and the range of colors, it seems to be a good alternative to the sunset palette. I hope they wear nicely. Hopefully, I'll get to try them out this weekend.

there is an editorial palette that I didn't bother swatching as I know I'll never wear those colors.

Hope this is helpful.

elegant-one

So I asked about Juice Beauty a bit ago & it basically got negative opinions BUT, I have been using the 3 piece anti aging set -only $50- (moisturizer, serum & eye cream) with the free peel spray & so far I really really love what it has done for my skin! I think using them as a set works well. My skin is so incredibly soft that it feels like glass. It's extremely clear & even toned as well. No breakouts at all. About 3 months ago a had this small bump (not a pimple) appeared under the skin on my left cheek -UGH NO!- it's completely gone now with the skin being completely even & smooth there. Skin care is so subjective & really depends on your skin, but so far this has been good to my skin. I am going to try the Apple peel next. The products don't smell so good :doh: but for me, it is really working great so I can get over that.

Last edited:

lipstickaddict

So I asked about Juice Beauty a bit ago & it basically got negative opinions BUT, I have been using the 3 piece anti aging set -only $50- (moisturizer, serum & eye cream) with the free peel spray & so far I really really love what it has done for my skin! I think using them as a set works well. My skin is so incredibly soft that it feels like glass. It's extremely clear & even toned as well. No breakouts at all. About 3 months ago a had this small bump (not a pimple) appeared under the skin on my left cheek -UGH NO!- it's completely gone now with the skin being completely even & smooth there. Skin care is so subjective & really depends on your skin, but so far this has been good to my skin. I am going to try the Apple peel next. The products don't smell so good :doh: but for me, it is really working great so I can get over that.

Very good to hear. I think I should try it too ;)

boschicka

Is anyone having problems with their Loves list? Mine is saying I haven't loved anything, but when I go to items that I know I had on my list, they have the red heart next to them. :confused:

Latest posts