All Things Sephora

DILLIGAF

Yes! The sales have been nonstop. I'm supposed to be saving too. A wedding to attend and a trip coming up. That is why I decided to skip Becca. But it was so hard. Plus, I know some stuff is releasing in the next few days I want.

I'm nor certain that Alba will work for me but I loved Rayo so much, I thought I must give Alba a go. They did not have a tester out, only one of Rayo. I just knew the 2 compacts I saw for sale must have been Rayo but they were not. I hate buying the last of though and the boxes did not look pristine. Look like they had been opened. I asked the SA if I could open it and make sure it was untouched and she opened it for me and it looked untouched. I'm funny like that. Will give it a go soon though. I was so surprised when I saw it out of stock and for so long too. I'm sure Beautylish will restock though. BTW I thought I saw something about a Natasha Denona store in NYC. I forgot to research. Does anyone know if it a retail store? It could be just a studio. I saw a brush on Beautylish that I was interested in that has disappeared off the site. I am wondering now if I could get it at the store if there is one.

Asking for a friend...
What upcoming sales should I...I mean she. What sales should SHE be looking out for.

Icecaramellatte

Asking for a friend...
What upcoming sales should I...I mean she. What sales should SHE be looking out for.

I just went crazy at JDGlow Cosmetics. They are having 30% off with code "July4th" I just bought a whole bunch of their neon matte shadows. I went crazy on their highlighters a few months back and just received 2 more last week. I still haven't tried those yet.

Dose of Colors is having something tomorrow - I think only 20% off. I may have to rethink that order as I went overboard with JDGlow and did not limit myself to the neon shadows as intended.

Plus, I knew Colourpop was restocking the warm palette - no sale on that palette but I went plum crazy last week on as they have a lot of stuff on sale right now and I think when the palette restocks I'm going to have to find something else to make the free ship minimum.

I can't think of anything else right now but I am sure people are having 4th of July sales. Plus, there as new releases like every day. Yikes! Even today that Marble Beautyblender came out on Sephora. So cute but I'm resisting for now.

I'm editing this post as I'm finding some discrepancies with how long the sale is. Definitely through tomorrow though (July 4th)

Last edited:

lipstickaddict

I just went crazy at JDGlow Cosmetics. They are having 30% off with code "July4th" I just bought a whole bunch of their neon matte shadows. I went crazy on their highlighters a few months back and just received 2 more last week. I still haven't tried those yet.

Dose of Colors is having something tomorrow - I think only 20% off. I may have to rethink that order as I went overboard with JDGlow and did not limit myself to the neon shadows as intended.

Plus, I knew Colourpop was restocking the warm palette - no sale on that palette but I went plum crazy last week on as they have a lot of stuff on sale right now and I think when the palette restocks I'm going to have to find something else to make the free ship minimum.

I can't think of anything else right now but I am sure people are having 4th of July sales. Plus, there as new releases like every day. Yikes! Even today that Marble Beautyblender came out on Sephora. So cute but I'm resisting for now.

I'm editing this post as I'm finding some discrepancies with how long the sale is. Definitely through tomorrow though (July 4th)

I was waiting on that marble beauty blender and jumped on it today when I saw that it had launched earlier than expected. Lol

MaryJane

I returned my Sephora Pro Warm palette today. After swatching it more, I realized that while they swatched very nicely, they weren't particularly pigmented. The deal breaker was when I wore it yesterday, it faded significantly after a few hours. This was on top of the UD Primer potion. I used a shimmer shade and two mattes. The lighter matte that I used on the brow bone barely showed up, the matte in the crease was really hard to blend. The shimmer shade looked great when first applied but that too faded.

They had the Kat Von D Glimmer palette available! I couldn't resist picking that up as I think it will work well with the Shade & Light eye palette. The Glimmer had a mix of satin, shimmer, and glitter. Not fond of the glitter shades but they're meant to be shadow toppers so I think I can make them work.

i really want the UD Naked Heat palette. I wish I had gotten it during the promotion last week.

DILLIGAF

I returned my Sephora Pro Warm palette today. After swatching it more, I realized that while they swatched very nicely, they weren't particularly pigmented. The deal breaker was when I wore it yesterday, it faded significantly after a few hours. This was on top of the UD Primer potion. I used a shimmer shade and two mattes. The lighter matte that I used on the brow bone barely showed up, the matte in the crease was really hard to blend. The shimmer shade looked great when first applied but that too faded.

They had the Kat Von D Glimmer palette available! I couldn't resist picking that up as I think it will work well with the Shade & Light eye palette. The Glimmer had a mix of satin, shimmer, and glitter. Not fond of the glitter shades but they're meant to be shadow toppers so I think I can make them work.

i really want the UD Naked Heat palette. I wish I had gotten it during the promotion last week.

I've been waiting since both have been announced. I was waiting for the Editorial Palette from Sephora. Sephora Collection shadows are some of the most underrated ones in the industry. I have a nice collection of the larger panned ones. Back when they were pushing their custom palettes. I was really, really hoping that the pro palettes would be of that quality. When they arrive near me I still think I will take a look at them.

v0ltagekid

View attachment 60619
Indoor daylight

View attachment 60620
Outside partial sunlight

I am so glad I did not sleep on the Naked Heat palette! It may be dupable but to me, hands down, this is the most cohesive UD since the original Naked palette. The swatches are one tiny swipe on bare skin, no filters. :heart: Love! And the packaging...fantastic! I am excited to play with this new addition. :D

Love the swatches! I bought mine because of u :p
I cannot wait to wear it :D

v0ltagekid

I tried one today, it wore well for about 2 hours. I like the texture, not sticky at all! It also didn't bleed and I wasn't wearing a lip liner! Really nice!

katred

Specktra Bestie
So, Bite have a new capsule collection called Nearly Neons...

Instagram

im still digging out my makeup from the move, and the last thing that I need is more lipsticks... right?

shontay07108

I see the new Nars liquid lipsticks are available through the Sephora app. I'm excited and I'm about to think of what color(s) I want to try. So when I went to the product page and saw that it had like a 2.5 rating or whatever I was scared and thought oh no does it suck? Well, when I started reading it's just a slew of people pissed about the animal testing. Now I get that people are passionate about that sort of thing and that's cool but I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a place for that and the review section is not that place! Anything outside of a review for the actual product irks the hell out of me. Why not just send a message to Sephora or Nars directly or vent on a message board? If Jeffree Starr was available at Sephora I sure as hell wouldn't voice my displeasure in the review section. Holy crap, man.

mollyv6

Anybody get the new Marc Jacobs eyeshadow palettes? I just received Scandalust and Provocouture and they are super creamy. I'm returning Scandalust though because it's not that unique and the red isn't as bright as I thought it would be. Provocouture is really pretty and I have very few cool toned shadows so it's a keeper. Silly me didn't read the description so I was surprised to see the smaller pans but I have enough eyeshadow to last me a lifetime.

Oh, I also ordered the Sephora Pro palette in warm. Between that, the CP shadows and a few Juvia's Place palettes, I think I'm set on warm shadows.

shadowaddict

I see the new Nars liquid lipsticks are available through the Sephora app. I'm excited and I'm about to think of what color(s) I want to try. So when I went to the product page and saw that it had like a 2.5 rating or whatever I was scared and thought oh no does it suck? Well, when I started reading it's just a slew of people pissed about the animal testing. Now I get that people are passionate about that sort of thing and that's cool but I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a place for that and the review section is not that place! Anything outside of a review for the actual product irks the hell out of me. Why not just send a message to Sephora or Nars directly or vent on a message board? If Jeffree Starr was available at Sephora I sure as hell wouldn't voice my displeasure in the review section. Holy crap, man.

I absolutely agree with you on that. That annoys the hell out of me too. If you have an issue with the company's practices you take it up with the company. The review section is just that, to write a review on the product itself.

It's like when people leave negative feedback for sellers on eBay because of the price they paid for shipping when the shipping cost is clearly stated on the item page.

mollyv6

Swatches of the MJ Provocouture palette.

These are finger swatches with 2-3 layers except for the orchid color (actual name is In Bed) which is only one layer.

IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0511.JPG

Last edited:

mollyv6

Here are swatches of the reddish color (actual name Scandalous) and the copper color (They Call Her) from Scandalust before it goes back to Sephora. From the picture online, Scandalous appeared more vibrant. They Call Her is pretty but dupeable. I've also swatched the red (actual name Spoiled) from CP Yes, Please and Sokoto from Juvia's Place Saharan Palette for comparison. Both of these reds have me covered and are what I'm looking for.

Top to bottom: They Call Her, Scandalous, Spoiled, Sokoto
IMG_0512.JPG

Jayjayy

Soooo is anybody gonna get the new Sephora Collection Pro Palettes? The price is a little steep and the color selection isn't anything spectacular but I'm kinda interested.

mollyv6

Soooo is anybody gonna get the new Sephora Collection Pro Palettes? The price is a little steep and the color selection isn't anything spectacular but I'm kinda interested.
I bought the warm and it arrives tomorrow. I may also get the editorial but I'm waiting to see how the warm performs.

I'll post swatches as soon as I can for those interested.

Icecaramellatte

[MENTION=4599]MaryJane[/MENTION] reported on these in this thread. See below. I've seen a few Youtube videos on the palette but no one seems to have anything to say about the wear time. Of the videos I've seen, it appears that they filmed shortly after receiving the palette though.
My Sephora had the new Pro eyeshadow palettes for sale! They weren't out so ask for them if you're interested. I finger swatched both the cool and warm palettes. Here are my thoughts based on the swatches...

If I had to rate them, the cool gets a B, while the warm is a B+. The warm palette had more hits than misses.

Both palettes have a mix of chrome (glitter), matte, satin and shimmer shades. The glitter shades are HORRIBLE. Almost no base color swatched on my hand, just the glitter. It wasn't finely milled either, definitely gritty.

At first glance, the colors in the warm palette are stunning. I thought they were very similar to the ND Sunset palette but, when I got the warm palette home and compared them side by side, the ND is much more red/orange. The colors in the Viseart Warm Mattes are more similar to the ones in the Warm Pro.

The quality of the ND eye shadows is superior but, considering the number of shadows in the Pro and the range of colors, it seems to be a good alternative to the sunset palette. I hope they wear nicely. Hopefully, I'll get to try them out this weekend.

there is an editorial palette that I didn't bother swatching as I know I'll never wear those colors.

Hope this is helpful.

Latest posts