All Things Sephora

Winthrop44

I see the new Nars liquid lipsticks are available through the Sephora app. I'm excited and I'm about to think of what color(s) I want to try. So when I went to the product page and saw that it had like a 2.5 rating or whatever I was scared and thought oh no does it suck? Well, when I started reading it's just a slew of people pissed about the animal testing. Now I get that people are passionate about that sort of thing and that's cool but I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a place for that and the review section is not that place! Anything outside of a review for the actual product irks the hell out of me. Why not just send a message to Sephora or Nars directly or vent on a message board? If Jeffree Starr was available at Sephora I sure as hell wouldn't voice my displeasure in the review section. Holy crap, man.

Was that a 1 day thing that they were available thru the app? I couldn't find them today, but it could just be me. Completely agree with you on the review issue!

shontay07108

Was that a 1 day thing that they were available thru the app? I couldn't find them today, but it could just be me. Completely agree with you on the review issue!
Yes I read in instagram it was just for the day. I was actually able to view them on my laptop too, but they are unavailable now.

mollyv6

Just received the Sephora Pro warm palette so I did some quick swatches. Initial impression is that it's a nice palette but like many others have said, these have a lot of powder that kicks out. The mattes are very pigmented and have a dry smooth feel. I wouldn't describe them as buttery or creamy but they apply smoothly. The powder on the mattes almost crumbled as I swatched these so I think they will create fall out when applied.

The shimmers are very nice and didn't seem powdery at all. IMO, the two worst colors are the peach and brown sugar. Both are very dry with little pigment. I see these as more of an eyeshadow topper. The peach reminds me of the Huda type shadows that apply best with a finger.

I intend to keep this palette as I think the mattes are nice but for those that have a decent eyeshadow collection, especially warm neutrals, this could easily be skipped.

I also swatched the editorial palette in store and was not impressed. I feel like the brights I have from Juvia's Place are much nicer. I also didn't care for the top row of pastels or the bottom row which had those super sparkly shades that are best applied with your finger.

All swatches are finger swatches: mattes with 1-2 layers, shimmers are 1 layer and the peach and brown sugar are 3 layers. The last picture is to show the powdery texture.

IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0515.JPG IMG_0516.JPG IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG

EDIT - I have decided to return this after comparing to some of my other palettes. I really love the yellow but it's not worth keeping for that. $68 is too much to waste for a palette I won't use. :(

Last edited:

elegant-one

I ordered Nars velvet lip glide in 54... mostly because I wanted the point perks LOL! Plus 8% eabtes. It shipped just a few hours after I ordered. Point perks were the Givenchy Fuchsia ls & Nars Velvet mini lip pencil in Let's Go Crazy. Perfect name for me :rofl:My grand baby is coming for the weekend & I cannot wait to see her :cloud9::yay: I bought her a small child's watering can so she can help grandma water her flowers. I can't believe she's running around already.

Jayjayy

Just received the Sephora Pro warm palette so I did some quick swatches. Initial impression is that it's a nice palette but like many others have said, these have a lot of powder that kicks out. The mattes are very pigmented and have a dry smooth feel. I wouldn't describe them as buttery or creamy but they apply smoothly. The powder on the mattes almost crumbled as I swatched these so I think they will create fall out when applied.

The shimmers are very nice and didn't seem powdery at all. IMO, the two worst colors are the peach and brown sugar. Both are very dry with little pigment. I see these as more of an eyeshadow topper. The peach reminds me of the Huda type shadows that apply best with a finger.

I intend to keep this palette as I think the mattes are nice but for those that have a decent eyeshadow collection, especially warm neutrals, this could easily be skipped.

I also swatched the editorial palette in store and was not impressed. I feel like the brights I have from Juvia's Place are much nicer. I also didn't care for the top row of pastels or the bottom row which had those super sparkly shades that are best applied with your finger.

All swatches are finger swatches: mattes with 1-2 layers, shimmers are 1 layer and the peach and brown sugar are 3 layers. The last picture is to show the powdery texture.

View attachment 60692 View attachment 60693 View attachment 60694 View attachment 60695 View attachment 60696 View attachment 60697

EDIT - I have decided to return this after comparing to some of my other palettes. I really love the yellow but it's not worth keeping for that. $68 is too much to waste for a palette I won't use. :(

Thank you sooooo much!!!!! I'm going to skip...for now lol. I'll see where im at during the VIB sale. Now I'm for sure going to pick up the Sunset palette whenever it's back. You're the best :)

DMcG9

Givenchy coral gypsophila is available right now on Sephora USA if anyone was still wanting it. Go go go!

Would any Specktrettes in the US be able to help a Canadian gal get her hands on the Givenchy Gypsophila lippie on Sephora? As [MENTION=92943]lipstickaddict[/MENTION] noted, it's back on Sephora US but not on the Canadian site.
If you can help me out, please PM me so we can set up a plan :)

Winthrop44

I ordered Nars velvet lip glide in 54... mostly because I wanted the point perks LOL! Plus 8% eabtes. It shipped just a few hours after I ordered. Point perks were the Givenchy Fuchsia ls & Nars Velvet mini lip pencil in Let's Go Crazy. Perfect name for me :rofl:My grand baby is coming for the weekend & I cannot wait to see her :cloud9::yay: I bought her a small child's watering can so she can help grandma water her flowers. I can't believe she's running around already.
Awwww...that's so cute that she'll be your little helper. Have a blast!!!

mollyv6

Thank you sooooo much!!!!! I'm going to skip...for now lol. I'll see where im at during the VIB sale. Now I'm for sure going to pick up the Sunset palette whenever it's back. You're the best :)
Happy to help! When I returned it yesterday, the SAs swatched it and said they were disappointed as well. Some of the colors are good and pigmented but the fall out and some of the other crappy shades just don't warrant $68. I'm sure some will really like it but I just have too many dupes to have kept it. Lately I've been getting more into indie brands and the quality out there is just amazing. It shouldn't cost a fortune to get smooth, pigmented shadows.

I was was very tempted by the ND Sunset palette but I didn't get that one. I think I read she's coming out with more palettes soon so maybe I'll pick up the next new one, so long as it's not all warm tones.

shontay07108

I ordered a Nars liquid lipstick in Get Up Stand Up and I was supposed to get it Friday because I chose 1 day shipping. Welp, it was delayed and Sephora sent me an email about refunding me $16 (I don't know how they chose that number but whatever). At least it shipped today. When I went to the store today to return that funky Anastasia blush trio I saw the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette and snatched it up. It's gorgeous!

elegant-one

Soooo, was there a site change? it's all wonky & weird for me tonight. And, it's giving me this message above the quick reply:

"The following errors occurred with your submission"

katred

Specktra Bestie
Soooo, was there a site change? it's all wonky & weird for me tonight. And, it's giving me this message above the quick reply:

"The following errors occurred with your submission"

Seems to be ok for me at the moment. What device/ operating system are you using? I can at least notify the technical powers.

ARmakeupjunkie

Just saw the email from Sephora about the terms and conditions change of the Beauty Insider Program. Interesting. Shouldn't really be an issue unless I don't redeem points, which I don't do very often but still.

Latest posts