All Things Sephora

shellygrrl

Staff member
Just saw the email from Sephora about the terms and conditions change of the Beauty Insider Program. Interesting. Shouldn't really be an issue unless I don't redeem points, which I don't do very often but still.

I haven't gotten this email. Is it safe to assume that from now on, unredeemed points will expire after a certain point?

shellygrrl

Staff member
This link was in my profile sidebar when I logged into the Sephora site...

Sephora | oops...

And I noticed this:

Sephora VIB Terms said:
3. Point Expiration

It’s our hope that you redeem your points on a regular basis. All unredeemed points shall expire when a program member has not engaged in point activity associated with that membership account (through purchase or redemption) for 18 months or more. If you have questions regarding the date of your last point activity or your last purchase, you may call 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) for more information.

In addition, points will automatically expire if your Membership is revoked or otherwise cancelled for reasons further detailed in Section 17.

fur4elise

Yikes! I feel sorry for members that spend their money and can't even save their points for a large perk. Sephora should have large perks available on the daily.

THIS! I have essentially given up on any large perk offering. The notification emails are bunk, because the items are never available or in such limited quantaties they are gone in a flash! Being Rouge has done nothing special for me other than make me realize I spend waaaaay tooooo much money at Sephora! ;)

ARmakeupjunkie

Yes, they very seldom have anything I want to redeem points on but now I have to make sure I redeem them from time to time just to keep them.

shontay07108

I finally got my Nars Powermatte in Get Up, Stand Up. It's not exactly the color I imagined b/c I thought it would be a bit more red or even coral for some reason. It pulls pretty pink on me, but I like it. The applicator is weird in that it's kinda stiff and a bit sharp(?), but it is pretty precise. The formula is light and when I was putting it on I worried it would end up streaky, but it didn't at all. Rereading Temptalia's review she experienced transfer, but I have none. Repeatedly I've kissed the back of my hand and taken a sip from my water bottle and nothing comes off. It's not drying. So, I'm pretty satisfied with this but it will probably be my only one b/c the rest of the colors are uninteresting to me.

elegant-one

Thanks for the info Shontay! :heart: I'll have to try at least one. I got the lip velvet in 54 today & its such a gorgeous hot hot hot red.

Shars

Is anyone having problems with their Loves list? Mine is saying I haven't loved anything, but when I go to items that I know I had on my list, they have the red heart next to them. :confused:

Ok clearly I meant to respond to this ages ago as it was sitting in my draft but for what it's worth... I've been having this problem as well. Especially where the item is now out of stock it just disappears from my loves list.
Anybody get one of the new Sephora collection highlighters?

Not yet but I have three of them sitting waiting patiently for me to click "add to cart" and "place order" lol. Someone was asking about them in the Highlighter thread earlier today as well.

fur4elise

Thanks for the info Shontay! :heart: I'll have to try at least one. I got the lip velvet in 54 today & its such a gorgeous hot hot hot red.

I love love love :heart: my 54 too! I got it last year! Now I will have to pull it out to wear this weekend! ;) ~ I am very excited for the new Armani Ecstasy and the new Givenchy Rouge colors coming out this fall! I think when Armani has a sale again, I will splurge for something to be engraved...it would be so fun to have something unique in the "wardrobe" as [MENTION=94524]Alysse011[/MENTION] likes to say!

shontay07108

Ehh, OK now I don't know what to think of this Nars lipstick now that I've eaten with it. I'm thinking maybe the color just isn't working with me because it is a really bright pink. It seemed to kinda break up after I had a small breakfast sandwich. It's like, every line in my lips showed and I feel it was more than the usual liquid lipstick. Still, it didn't transfer much at all. After eating I put on another coat to try and fix the look of it and it didn't get jacked up the way another liquid lipstick might, but it still didn't seem quite right after it dried. After about 8 hours I went to remove it and it was tough. This is what's throwing me off with this product because it feels really light and soft and it reacted funny to eating with it on, but it was tough to remove. It seems like Nars trying a flexible formula has made it a bit wonky. Brands like Dose of Colors, KVD and Colourpop don't move at all for me when I eat. To be clear, it wasn't like omg this looks horrible, but it was enough to make me self-conscious to the point where I checked on it a few times before I removed it. I am interested in how the deeper colors work, but I'm not gonna bother trying it.

elegant-one

I had asked about them in the Highlighter chat. I didn't get a response so I ordered Dawn blinded and it should have been delivered today. I will update with a swatch when I get home.

Oh will you please! I want Dusk. Thank you!

Last edited:

elegant-one

I love love love :heart: my 54 too! I got it last year! Now I will have to pull it out to wear this weekend! ;) ~ I am very excited for the new Armani Ecstasy and the new Givenchy Rouge colors coming out this fall! I think when Armani has a sale again, I will splurge for something to be engraved...it would be so fun to have something unique in the "wardrobe" as @Alysse011 likes to say!

Cool! I would love to get something engraved too. Givenchy is a weakness for me lol

ARmakeupjunkie

Just finally placed an order for the KVD Shade + Light Glimmer palette, UD Velvetizer, and TF Born This Way. I am sure TF won't work for me because their foundation colors are always off but I really want to try it and don't want to drive over an hour for a sample. There are a few other items I want but they may have to wait.

Latest posts