All Things Sephora

DILLIGAF

I keep hearing rumors of a launch event for Rouge for Fenty Beauty. An associate at my local Sephora asked me if I was coming. Anyone else hear anything about this?

I also had a treat yo self moment this weekend at Sephora. I purchased 2 MUFE blushes B500 and B402. B500 is a very pigmented deep plum. Akin to Loverush ( my favorite MAC blush ever) and a perfect replacement for the now discontinued MUFE blush in 14. I loved that one but my sister hit pan on hers so I gave her mine. B402 is a bright orange that calls to mind MAC Devil. I love the fact that they fit in such a travel friendly compact. I can't wait to start using either. The price point is also a plus when you start purchasing multiples. Only $25 for a single blush with compact but $35 for two with the compact! I also grabbed one of the Bite liquid lipsticks in Marsala. Wore it all day today and it was so comfortable I even took a nap with it on. I will definitely grab another one.

Last edited:

Rinstar

In case anyone was curious, I very briefly checked out the Too Faced Banana Pudding powder today. Texture is lovely and nice smooth looking finish. Not too yellow, just enough to brighten I think. No banana smell for me though... that may be a good thing for some people, but I was sort of hoping for a banana pudding scent.

GreenEyedAllie

Random question that I figured I would post here: favorite pencil sharpener?? My old UD Grindhouse is biting the dust, and I was curious what you all use. Thanks!!

fur4elise

Random question that I figured I would post here: favorite pencil sharpener?? My old UD Grindhouse is biting the dust, and I was curious what you all use. Thanks!!

I replaced the old UD Grindhouse (purple one with scroll design)
ud_old.jpg

with...wait for it...wait for it...the new UD Grindhouse (green one)
ud_New.jpg
However the newest of new is purple again...
ud_Newest.jpg
:D ~ I think they are great sharpeners.

GreenEyedAllie

I replaced the old UD Grindhouse (purple one with scroll design)
View attachment 61275

with...wait for it...wait for it...the new UD Grindhouse (green one)
View attachment 61276
However the newest of new is purple again...
View attachment 61277
:D ~ I think they are great sharpeners.
I miss the see-through lid!
that's a good one. I also love nars and mac sharpeners
Yeah, I was eyeing the NARS one.

Thanks for the recs [MENTION=51593]fur4elise[/MENTION] [MENTION=35539]Monsy[/MENTION]!

lippieluv2013

I have the green one and love it. But I have an old Chanel one that I preserve for my favorite pencils - produces a near perfect point. Not sure if they even have it anymore or if it is the same.

KiKi Kontour

Is anyone excited, semi-excited, low key excited or will just await swatches n reviews for Fenty Beauty tomorrow???? I'm so curious and I seen it'll be in the JCP near my house so i'm gonna take a peek. It shouldn't be a mad house like her MAC collection soooo we shall see.

also word on the street is....Sephora will up the ante n do 40% off sales vs the 20's!!!

VAL4M

Is anyone excited, semi-excited, low key excited or will just await swatches n reviews for Fenty Beauty tomorrow???? I'm so curious and I seen it'll be in the JCP near my house so i'm gonna take a peek. It shouldn't be a mad house like her MAC collection soooo we shall see.

also word on the street is....Sephora will up the ante n do 40% off sales vs the 20's!!!
I'm excited but I will wait for real reviews before buying anything online. So willing to wait for the hype to go down maybe in november with the VIB sales I will buy a couple of things .... as for the 40% off WOW THAT is interesting if it is real. I'm 250$ away from VIB Rouge and i hoped NOT to reach that milestone. But Lets face it might be more willing if the 40% is only for VIB rouge will make more sense.

fur4elise

I'm excited but I will wait for real reviews before buying anything online. So willing to wait for the hype to go down maybe in november with the VIB sales I will buy a couple of things .... as for the 40% off WOW THAT is interesting if it is real. I'm 250$ away from VIB Rouge and i hoped NOT to reach that milestone. But, let's face it [I too] might be more willing if the 40% is only for VIB rouge will make more sense.

Yup...I'm in that danger zone...despite not spending nearly as much this year and not nearly as much at Sephora...go figure on that?!? :confused:

And I too, am willing to wait until after the hype...not worth losing sleep over...

MaryJane

I would be shocked if Sephora increased the VIB Rouge/VIB sale discount from 20 to 40%. I could see certain clearance items being discounted to 40% off but everything? Almost too good to be true.

Shars

I would be shocked if Sephora increased the VIB Rouge/VIB sale discount from 20 to 40%. I could see certain clearance items being discounted to 40% off but everything? Almost too good to be true.

I'm thinking the same thing. 40% off is what you'd get for discontinued/end of line items that the retailer is trying to get rid of. I can't see that happening for current stock.

GreenEyedAllie

The luxury brands wouldn't tolerate that kind of markdown. I could see maybe one item discounted that much as a bonus, but I still doubt that. I do think Rouge should have a higher discount than regular VIB or like Ulta does, more discount opportunities.

boschicka

The luxury brands wouldn't tolerate that kind of markdown. I could see maybe one item discounted that much as a bonus, but I still doubt that. I do think Rouge should have a higher discount than regular VIB or like Ulta does, more discount opportunities.

Agreed. You can sometimes get 25-30% off with a special SAKS coupon code, but that's rare and requires you to spend a certain amount to get it.