All Things Sephora

shontay07108

I went to the Sephora event and I was shocked and happy to see Fenty Beauty there. So glad I don't have to go to NYC to get my hands on it. I bought the primer, the duo highlighter in Ginger Bine/Moscow Mule, Truffle contour stick and Sinnamon highligher stick. Tomorrow I'll be giving these products a full run, but I have played with them and tested them a bit. The contour shade is great and I really like the way it blends out. The highlight stick looks good on the eyes. If it works out it'll be great b/c I am way too lazy to do shadow anymore so if I can just swipe this on my eyes and go, great! My Marc Jacobs coconut primer is almost gone so I wonder if the Fenty primer can take it's place or if I have to rebuy it. My one question mark is the highlight duo. There's a lot of shimmer on one side and I wonder if it'll migrate through the day. The other side is pretty, but I just need to see how they work on my face.

I could not get a foundation match in store. One associate matched me to 370, but I got a second opinion and she said I'd have to mix. Hell no. They both hovered between 370-390 for me, but a girl I watch on youtube wears the same MUFE shade as me and she said she is 410. It looks good on her too so I hope I can stop by tomorrow and play with that shade. I didn't even bother looking that deep into the range. The highlight brush is still on my mind too even though I don't need it. It's just so cute. I really love the packaging and I hope she expands her line to actual blushes and lipsticks. That clear gloss isn't gonna work for me.

ARmakeupjunkie

Random question that I figured I would post here: favorite pencil sharpener?? My old UD Grindhouse is biting the dust, and I was curious what you all use. Thanks!!
My all time favorite is an old one from Avon but, I also have one from Cover Girl that I like. The Avon one is actually a 3-in-1 that has a medium size port that fits into the largest side that you can take in and out.

shontay07108

So I went to Sephora this afternoon and played with the Fenty foundation shade 410. The good news is that is definitely looks like my color, but the bad news is it was all sold out! Several of the deep shades were gone in fact. I just ordered it on the app right there and with one day shipping I should have it tomorrow. The gloss was sold out, the primer, trophy wife highlighter (the gold one). I was amused by seeing so much of the product gone. Another woman was there getting color matched only to find her shade was sold out, too.

CBradley76

So I went to Sephora this afternoon and played with the Fenty foundation shade 410. The good news is that is definitely looks like my color, but the bad news is it was all sold out! Several of the deep shades were gone in fact. I just ordered it on the app right there and with one day shipping I should have it tomorrow. The gloss was sold out, the primer, trophy wife highlighter (the gold one). I was amused by seeing so much of the product gone. Another woman was there getting color matched only to find her shade was sold out, too.

let me know how you like the products. Fenton beauty seems too trendy for my tastes. I'm reluctant to buy it. It doesn't seems to compete with brands like Chanel dior or tom ford.

shontay07108

let me know how you like the products. Fenton beauty seems too trendy for my tastes. I'm reluctant to buy it. It doesn't seems to compete with brands like Chanel dior or tom ford.
This is what I said about the products in the Fenty Beauty thread:

I bought the primer, truffle contour stick, sinnamon highlight stick and the ginger binge/moscow mule highlight duo. I wore all of it today and I really, really dig all of it. My favorite thing is the contour because it's so easy and now that I have this I will contour everyday. It just blends so nicely and looks natural and I even contoured my forehead with it. The primer isn't like the MJ coconut primer in that it doesn't spread easily. However, it is not dry at all and it made my skin look nice before and after foundation. The Sinnamon highlight stick is pretty on the eyes, but I really loved it going down my nose. Other highlighters are just the wrong shade or just do too much or not enough, but this one was perfect for that spot. The highlight duo is better than I expected and it's really brilliant when it hits the light. At first I was afraid I didn't apply enough, but when I really checked myself out in proper light it was just gorgeous. Maybe I'll get another shade. Now I'm just waiting for my foundation shade to be delivered to me tomorrow and I might just try one of the concealer sticks. I'm afraid of that because of the texture, but I love everything so much that I'm willing to take a chance.

shontay07108

I think I saw on instagram that at some point there's supposed to be a mini set of mufe lipsticks. I hope I don't already have the colors in the set. Has anyone tried the Too Faced Peaches and Cream stuff? The spray was interesting to me, but I was completely turned off by how easily the pump got stuck. After just two sprays the tester just wouldn't work. It's a shame b/c it smells so good. Too Faced is one of those brands that I play with because of the marketing and packaging, but they chuck up a big L when I try them out.

lipstickaddict

I think I saw on instagram that at some point there's supposed to be a mini set of mufe lipsticks. I hope I don't already have the colors in the set. Has anyone tried the Too Faced Peaches and Cream stuff? The spray was interesting to me, but I was completely turned off by how easily the pump got stuck. After just two sprays the tester just wouldn't work. It's a shame b/c it smells so good. Too Faced is one of those brands that I play with because of the marketing and packaging, but they chuck up a big L when I try them out.

I've tried the new lipsticks. The formula is a creamy matte with excellent staying power and the smell is like banana cream pie or a banana cream pudding or something like that. Have been trying to put my finger on it. Definitely not peach!

Last edited:

Sugar & Spice

This is how I feel about it as well but I still went to see it in person and I still feel the same about it. Its nice for that market of ladies thats into whats hot for the moment but I'm more of a tried and true person.

So launches like Fenty Beauty doesn't really appeal to me nor was there anything in the collection that was ground breaking. Just another celeb that was offered a beauty line to endorse.

DILLIGAF

So I went to the event on Saturday and ended up purchasing items that were not part of the event. I grabbed a rollerball of Maison Margiela in Jazz Club. [FONT=&quot]The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Minis Kit in Original and Citron. I also grabbed a Fenty Beauty Matchstick Shimmer Stick in Rum. I keep saying I won't continue to drag myself out of bed to go to these events but I keep dragging myself out of bed for these events. [/FONT]

shontay07108

I got three out of the four new Nails Inc shades (the caffeine collection) and they are gorgeous. I haven't worn nail polish in awhile but I couldn't pass up those colors (I left the shimmer shade behind).

Also, I wore the Fenty foundation today and it gets two thumbs up.

elegant-one

I got three out of the four new Nails Inc shades (the caffeine collection) and they are gorgeous. I haven't worn nail polish in awhile but I couldn't pass up those colors (I left the shimmer shade behind).

Also, I wore the Fenty foundation today and it gets two thumbs up.

Ooh, I will have to check those out. Thanks Sis!!! You look fabulous as always :heart:

Cake Face

Ordered the LE Marc Jacobs Trax lipstick and now I'm having regret about not ordering the nail color (womp)

trax2.jpg trax1.jpg
trax lippe.jpg trax varnish.jpg

I hate online exclusives :mecry:

shontay07108

:) Yes, I got all the 3 you did. Why do you love this foundation? lol Is it that nice on?

It's SO nice. It's so light and makes my skin look so smooth and just even. It didn't cake up on my nose and no shine came through on my nose all day. This baby dries fast, though. I feel bad for anyone who puts dots all over their face and then thinks they're gonna blend that sucker out. LOL

elegant-one

It's SO nice. It's so light and makes my skin look so smooth and just even. It didn't cake up on my nose and no shine came through on my nose all day. This baby dries fast, though. I feel bad for anyone who puts dots all over their face and then thinks they're gonna blend that sucker out. LOL

:) I got the sample packet but I haven't looked to see if there is a shade in it for me. It sounds great so I need to try it even though I totally am loving the Lilah B. foundation.

I just got the new Le Marc Jacobs lipstick in the leopard print case :rocker: ... love leopard print lol

Last edited:

Latest posts