All Things Sephora

Shars

They caught on that people who weren't emailed the code were using it, so they corrected it.

Damn! I knew I should have just ordered last night. But I couldn't decide what I wanted lol. Mine is saying the same thing now about select US customers. I'm curious as to how they are select since I'm Rouge as well. Boooo!

I feel like I had a crazy moment this morning- maybe someone can clear this up. When I place an order, my default shipping usually just says "Flash 2 day" since I'm Rouge. This morning I noticed there were two options- "Flash Standard Ground" (2-6 business days delivery Monday-Fri) or "Flash USPS something" (2-4 business days w delivery Mon-Saturday). Isn't Flash just Flash? I've never seen two different Flash options before, I feel like I'm going nuts lol

I've seen this before if you have something in your cart that has to ship ground like nail polish or perfume. It always comes up as Flash Standard Ground or Flash USPS Ground. Depending on what the item is, I always take that out my cart, order the other stuff and then place another order for the ground only item. Like who has time to wait a whole 3-4 business days?

LiliV

I've seen this before if you have something in your cart that has to ship ground like nail polish or perfume. It always comes up as Flash Standard Ground or Flash USPS Ground. Depending on what the item is, I always take that out my cart, order the other stuff and then place another order for the ground only item. Like who has time to wait a whole 3-4 business days?

Thank you! I felt like I was really going nuts! lol The only thing I can think it is is the Nars Soft Matte Concealer. It's in a glass pot. The other two items are refills of my essentials, Benefit Roller Lash and the Marc Jacobs eyeliner which I order all the time and never saw this message. So random!

Shars

Thank you! I felt like I was really going nuts! lol The only thing I can think it is is the Nars Soft Matte Concealer. It's in a glass pot. The other two items are refills of my essentials, Benefit Roller Lash and the Marc Jacobs eyeliner which I order all the time and never saw this message. So random!

That's really strange! One time though, it was my free sample that was causing it to be shipped ground. I quickly removed it lol.

LiliV

That's really strange! One time though, it was my free sample that was causing it to be shipped ground. I quickly removed it lol.

I did get that Elizabeth and James perfume sample duo too. Maybe it's that. Can't believe I never noticed that changes it before lol

Icecaramellatte

So another thought on the Fenty foundation: it is darker than my MUFE foundations. The MUFE foundations definitely contain more yellow which is what is best for me. However, looking at the pictures I took and going off my memory of checking myself out yesterday, it still looks good. If she comes out with other foundations I hope she tweaks the undertones a little, but the formula is a winner. I was going nuts because last night I jumped down the rabbit hole of watching every review I could find on youtube and I found 2 women who wear the same shades in other foundations who chose shade 390 (which seems to be my 410 but in warm instead of neutral) and it was way, way orange. So, I still think I have my best shade. I wonder what would happen if I mix it just a pinch with my MUFE HD.

I got Trophy Wife and Hustla Baby/Mean Money today and I just love them. Trophy Wife scares me but I will use it! These really are the best highlighters I've ever had.
Lucky finding people with similar shades. I can't believe how many Youtube videos there are on this launch. I've watched so many but now it is getting harder to sort through them as more and more are added. I want to try Hustla Baby.

Winthrop44

I feel like I had a crazy moment this morning- maybe someone can clear this up. When I place an order, my default shipping usually just says "Flash 2 day" since I'm Rouge. This morning I noticed there were two options- "Flash Standard Ground" (2-6 business days delivery Monday-Fri) or "Flash USPS something" (2-4 business days w delivery Mon-Saturday). Isn't Flash just Flash? I've never seen two different Flash options before, I feel like I'm going nuts lol
I actually choose usps now because otherwise in my area they've recently been sending via Laser Ship who I've had multiple problems with. If I could get it via UPS like I used to I would though.

Icecaramellatte

Which would you choose ND Lila or Huda Desert Dusk palette? I've never seen the formulas of shadows from either company.

Tough one. I plan on getting both. I just got Lila yesterday. I think the Lila might be the better value and most reliable. I've been happy with the all my ND palettes. I love my Huda palette but I think the formulas of the new Huda palette may be different from the last so I can't be sure I'll love it as much.

Icecaramellatte

I actually choose usps now because otherwise in my area they've recently been sending via Laser Ship who I've had multiple problems with. If I could get it via UPS like I used to I would though.
Yes. What is this Lasership? I've never heard of it but when I saw my package was shipping with them I looked up the tracking. It had no info. I did get my package but I wasn't home when they came.

boschicka

Same here! I can't trust Lasership after they just left my Sephora order outside of my work building at a random exit. Thankfully a friend found it! Idiots.

shontay07108

OK this is hilarious to me: I had heard that the new Nails Inc polishes from the caffeine collection smell like coffee so when I got them I took a whiff and I was annoyed that they smelled like regular nail polish. Well, I decided to paint my nails with one of the shades now even though I'm tired. While waiting for it to dry I placed my head on my pillow with my hands placed in front of me and after a few seconds I'm like damn I smell coffee, I wish I had some right now. The lightbulb goes off in my brain and I realize it's the polish. Now I want to keep my hands under my nose until it dries.

ETA: My nails are completely dry and they still smell like coffee. I am in love! lol

Last edited:

elegant-one

OK this is hilarious to me: I had heard that the new Nails Inc polishes from the caffeine collection smell like coffee so when I got them I took a whiff and I was annoyed that they smelled like regular nail polish. Well, I decided to paint my nails with one of the shades now even though I'm tired. While waiting for it to dry I placed my head on my pillow with my hands placed in front of me and after a few seconds I'm like damn I smell coffee, I wish I had some right now. The lightbulb goes off in my brain and I realize it's the polish. Now I want to keep my hands under my nose until it dries.

:icon_cheers::tee::rofl::rotfl:SOOOO freakin funny!!!! Yep, I love coffee :heart:

Haven

Which would you choose ND Lila or Huda Desert Dusk palette? I've never seen the formulas of shadows from either company.

I do not use my huda palette very often because some of the shades take a lot of work/time to look decent on. I am often pressed for time and don't have the time to mess with fussy products. I don't have the same issues with nd shadows.

Therefore even though some great looks can be achieved with the huda palette, I would get nd.

Sugar & Spice

They canceled my order I used with the code darn it! It was nothing but sheet masks as there's really nothing I need from Sephora right now.

lipstickaddict

They canceled my order I used with the code darn it! It was nothing but sheet masks as there's really nothing I need from Sephora right now.

How bizarre! It sounds like people have been having all kinds of hassles with that code, which is ridiculous. I ended up ordering the new sephora favorites mega lip set and my order shipped right away. Just lucky I guess.

shontay07108

You guys, don't laugh but there is another twist in my Fenty beauty adventure. I was watching even more youtube videos Friday and to cut it short: a whole lot of girls who look like me seemed to be using 370 and it looked good. I just had a nagging feeling that I can do better than 410. Yesterday I went out hoping to revisit the 360-380 and and it was clear as day: my shade is 370. It's perfect. I can't explain why the two MUA's helping me at the Sephora event didn't see this. Maybe it was where they put it (on my neck) or not letting it dry down enough (hell I couldn't see it either), but I am wearing the sample I got now on one half of my face and it is a dead-on match. Now I have to wait for it to come back in stock online and I will pounce. It just didn't make sense to me that I would be that far down in the range anyway in a brand that's supposed to include all kinds of skintones. I guess when I am interested in getting matched from now on I have to go in looking haggard because if they can't put it on my face they won't get it right.

elegant-one

You guys, don't laugh but there is another twist in my Fenty beauty adventure. I was watching even more youtube videos Friday and to cut it short: a whole lot of girls who look like me seemed to be using 370 and it looked good. I just had a nagging feeling that I can do better than 410. Yesterday I went out hoping to revisit the 360-380 and and it was clear as day: my shade is 370. It's perfect. I can't explain why the two MUA's helping me at the Sephora event didn't see this. Maybe it was where they put it (on my neck) or not letting it dry down enough (hell I couldn't see it either), but I am wearing the sample I got now on one half of my face and it is a dead-on match. Now I have to wait for it to come back in stock online and I will pounce. It just didn't make sense to me that I would be that far down in the range anyway in a brand that's supposed to include all kinds of skintones. I guess when I am interested in getting matched from now on I have to go in looking haggard because if they can't put it on my face they won't get it right.

:icon_cheers::rofl: Awesome that you did end up with a perfect match. I was in Sephora yesterday & you could not even get close to the Fenty display to swatch anything. And as usual, what I did look at was all gross on the tubes & display areas :puke:

Latest posts