All Things Sephora

elegant-one

I did so well, and then went into Sephora in person. Always a mistake. I ended up getting UD Heavy Metal (LOVE this), a couple of Bite liners, a Nudestix lippie trio, replacement NARS Creamy Concealers (both Vanilla and Honey - mine were basically empty) and a new BeautyBlender solid brush cleanser.

Oops :p Is that the new 3pc set of Nudestix? I forgot to get that. Let me know if you like the shades.

MaryJane

My Sephora boxes came today! I was so excited to swatch everything.
To start, I have the Pat McGrath lipsticks in 1995, Valetta, Tropicalia, and Realness. All the colors swatched beautifully on my hand. Elegant - I think you ordered Realness, you won't be disappointed. If they wear as well as they look I may order a few more this weekend.

Natasha Denona 5 pan #9 - it's a greenish Palette and I can honestly say I have nothing like this. I also got #10 . Her shimmers are like butter!

i haven't swatched the Huda Desert Desk yet but the colors are beautiful.

elegant-one

My Sephora boxes came today! I was so excited to swatch everything.
To start, I have the Pat McGrath lipsticks in 1995, Valetta, Tropicalia, and Realness. All the colors swatched beautifully on my hand. Elegant - I think you ordered Realness, you won't be disappointed. If they wear as well as they look I may order a few more this weekend.

Natasha Denona 5 pan #9 - it's a greenish Palette and I can honestly say I have nothing like this. I also got #10 . Her shimmers are like butter!

i haven't swatched the Huda Desert Desk yet but the colors are beautiful.

Oh whew! Thanks for letting me know. I want to know if you like 1995 on. Well, I want to know what you think of all of them on. Didn't you get Donatella too?

lipstickaddict

Oh whew! Thanks for letting me know. I want to know if you like 1995 on. Well, I want to know what you think of all of them on. Didn't you get Donatella too?

I got Donatella too! And Valetta & Realness ...and TF Violete Argente and another TF quad and ....clearly I was grading way too many essays this past weekend :shakehead::doh::smashfreak::scratch::yes::rotfl::rofl:

MaryJane

I passed on Donatella. At least for now.
1995 is sooo pretty swathed. For a matte, it goes on so smoothly. I'm going to wear it tomorrow. Tropicalia is a bright coral. It's warm toned so I'm not sure how it would look on someone with cool undertones. Valletta is a pretty peach, nothing unique.

I'd be happy to report back once I wear them but keep in mind I have Saran Wrap lips.

MaryJane

I'm wearing Pat McGrath 1995 today and really like it. It was fully opaque with one swipe. For a matte lipstick, it went on very smoothly no tugging at all. I'm not great at describing colors but on my no-color lips it's a really nice darker nude. It reminds me of a slightly browner version of Mac Twig. I don't know that I'll buy any more mattes but that's because I prefer a more sating lipstick. Then again, I did have my eye on OMI.

revoltofagirl

my order:
- IGK Friends With Benefits Texture & Shine Kit
- Sephora Favorites Hair Rescue Masks On The Go
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Ultimate Hydro Gel
- Drunk Elephant Volume 2: Come C About Me
- Kat Von D Everlasting Mini Liquid Lipstick Set
- Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Molasses
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in A-go-go
- Kat Von D Lock-It Blotting Powder in Light
- L’Occitane Almond Eco-Refill Combo Pack
- Juliette Has a Gun Discovery Kit
- SUNDAY RILEY Bright Young Thing Visible Skin Brightening Kit

I love my dr jart+ water drop moisturizer so I'm hoping the water fuse will give me a little more hydration for the winter months. I'm mostly done with SR Tidal which has been my night moisturizer and I wasn't planning on re-purchasing it as I got an alpha-arbutin serum from The Ordinary but that SR set was too tempting!

Happy Birthday Elegant-one and DILLIGAF! It's my birthday month too :)

I also got the Tartelette Toasted Palette from Ulta for free with my points <3

ARmakeupjunkie

So, I got my first two boxes yesterday but didn't have time to open them until bedtime. I put on one of the Pat lipsticks, McMenamy 200, right before I climbed in bed and fell asleep with it on. Woke up this morning and had completely forgot about it until I looked in the mirror. It was still there but also around my mouth. Anyway, I was a little disappointed in my order because there was not a lot there but I felt like I spent alot, LOL!! So far loving the Pat lipsticks. Wearing Antidote 207 right now. I was surprised by the size of the Huda Electric Obsessions Palette as it's kinda small. The Viseart Editorial Brights is so beautiful and makes me wonder if I should order one or two more of their palettes during round 2.

elegant-one

my order:
- IGK Friends With Benefits Texture & Shine Kit
- Sephora Favorites Hair Rescue Masks On The Go
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Ultimate Hydro Gel
- Drunk Elephant Volume 2: Come C About Me
- Kat Von D Everlasting Mini Liquid Lipstick Set
- Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Molasses
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in A-go-go
- Kat Von D Lock-It Blotting Powder in Light
- L’Occitane Almond Eco-Refill Combo Pack
- Juliette Has a Gun Discovery Kit
- SUNDAY RILEY Bright Young Thing Visible Skin Brightening Kit

I love my dr jart+ water drop moisturizer so I'm hoping the water fuse will give me a little more hydration for the winter months. I'm mostly done with SR Tidal which has been my night moisturizer and I wasn't planning on re-purchasing it as I got an alpha-arbutin serum from The Ordinary but that SR set was too tempting!

Happy Birthday Elegant-one and DILLIGAF! It's my birthday month too :)

I also got the Tartelette Toasted Palette from Ulta for free with my points <3

Thanks so much dear!:flowers::flowers::flowers: That is so sweet of you :heart:

I LOVE LOVE your pic!!! So pretty! Yes, I really really love the toasted palette too.

Happy Happy Birthday to you too!!! :icon_cheers::birthday::birthday::birthday::yay::yess::yess::yess::best_wishes::band::dance::heart:

boschicka

Also, how do exchanges work at Sephora? Do they ring it up as a return and then charge for the new item? Do I find the item and bring it to the register with the damaged item? How do they know I didn't just take two from the shelf?
*clearly I have never exchanged in-store and my crippling anxiety is showing :p

fur4elise

Also, how do exchanges work at Sephora? Do they ring it up as a return and then charge for the new item? Do I find the item and bring it to the register with the damaged item? How do they know I didn't just take two from the shelf?
*clearly I have never exchanged in-store and my crippling anxiety is showing :p

Booo for broken :mad:!

No anxiety allowed sweetie. Bring your packing invoice with you to the store. I also believe they can look up your order via your Insider account. If you are going to exchange, I believe they will return the item you bring in as damaged and give you a credit you can immediately apply to the new item. I did that one time, not too long ago. The trick is finding the item in stock in store.

boschicka

Booo for broken :mad:!

No anxiety allowed sweetie. Bring your packing invoice with you to the store. I also believe they can look up your order via your Insider account. If you are going to exchange, I believe they will return the item you bring in as damaged and give you a credit you can immediately apply to the new item. I did that one time, not too long ago. The trick is finding the item in stock in store.

Thank you! Was just wondering how the exchange would work with the 20% discount. B/c nothing ever goes smoothly. :p

fur4elise

SaleHaul_Sephora_Ulta_Fall_17.jpg
Here is my Fall Haul :heart:
Mind you this is also including the F&F sale, Ulta 20% and a couple random lippies. :)

Clockwise from left:
CL Rouge Louboutin Metallissime Silky Satin Lip Colour
tarte Tartelette Toasted E/S Palette
Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Double-Ended Eye Set
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter Gradient Glow (Ulta)
Lippies: MAC Rouge En Snow (MAC) & Chanel Collection Libre Numeros Rouges No. 4 (NM)
KVD Shade + Light Contour Brush
stila Eye For Elegance Liquid Eye Shadow Set
Smashbox Photo Strip Highlighting Palette
NARS Man Ray Veil Cheek Palette (Ulta)

What I think so far:
I love both the stila and Touch in Sol cream/glitter shadows! So these mini sets were in addition to the few full size shades I already have. Only one duplicate.

The NARS Man Ray is lovely! I find it can be buildable even though it is pigmented. It is a nice companion to the Bobbi Brown Havana Brights Peach Illuminating Cheek palette (now on sale at Bobbi Brown site).

I have not touched the Toasted palette yet, but it is going to work nicely with the UD Naked Heat palette.

The Louboutin is staying put until I travel to Vegas ;) The Chanel is probably one of the best formulas I have tried. I have not worn the MAC yet either.

The Smashbox palette is okay. No where near as pigmented as other highlighter brands I have.

The BECCA is fantastic! It is 5 shades in one small compact. I just tap my fan brush over the shade(s) I want to use.

I used the KVD brush for the first time today. I have a thing for double ended brushes. This one is very soft/dense and perfect for contouring and blush application.

I am now officially "just bought a new (to me) car broke!" And my must/lust list is actually depleted...so I don't know I will go the second round of the sale. I have lots of goodies to play with and I is pretty happy.

Last edited: