All Things Sephora

Medgal07

Hi Honey....I left you a message in another thread but I don't recall which one. I needed a break from the insanity known as my life, and I missed you wild and crazy gals...so here I am. It's good to be back. :kisskiss:
OH MY!!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO Beautiful!!! :kisskiss: Shocked & happy to see you :heart:

elegant-one

Hi Honey....I left you a message in another thread but I don't recall which one. I needed a break from the insanity known as my life, and I missed you wild and crazy gals...so here I am. It's good to be back. :kisskiss:

Missed you like crazy too babe!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::heart::hugs:

boschicka

Second order shipped, but my first one is still pending. :confused: I'm still scared they will cancel it after my previous isssues. Never got an answer as to why it happened or how they fixed it.

revoltofagirl

Ok I need some honest feedback. I'm almost 52 with sensitive skin that has some hyper pigmentation from bad sun habits while I grew up/lived in Florida. I've been able to find things that have helped but I'm still not satisfied. Paula's Choice has been awesome for the sensitivity and some dryness but I've had no luck with the exfoliants or the serums. I thought the sale might be a good opportunity to try something new. Recommendations? I'd like to incorporate with some of my PC products. I'm looking at DE but am open to suggestions.

the murad lightening gel is effective but you're only meant to use it for three months at a time and I found it went "off" pretty quickly. I got a second one and it was already an iffy color so now I don't trust it. What's worked the best on my hyperpigmentation has been Sunday Riley Tidal. it has alpha-arbutin. my spot has gone from dark brown to a light tan. I also bought an arbutin serum from the ordinary so I can add that in to other moisturizers.

I also use PTR retinol, DE vitamin c, DE glycolic, and I just got SR good genes during the sale. not sure if the kit is still available but it came with tidal and their vitamin c serum.

ARmakeupjunkie

:hugs: This is a safe space! ;)
Which is why I never feel bad about my countless orders during these sales. I have yet another cart waiting for me to pull the trigger. Keep going back and forward with the PG Mothership II palette. I want it but I don't want it. Almost feel like I should just order it and be done with it.

lipstickaddict

TF Lavender lure just popped up on Sephora Canada and USA. I'm skipping because it is too similar to Bicoastal which i have, ×2. Wish the orchid soleil highlighter would launch.

boschicka

Which is why I never feel bad about my countless orders during these sales. I have yet another cart waiting for me to pull the trigger. Keep going back and forward with the PG Mothership II palette. I want it but I don't want it. Almost feel like I should just order it and be done with it.

Could always just get it with the discount now and return if it's not right for you. :angel:

boschicka

Ladies, I signed up to buy gifts for kids for the holidays. This is the info I have: a 16 yr old African American girl wants makeup. What would you all recommend?

ETA: She also wants nail polish. So I know certain makeup colors won't show up on different skin tones or things can look ashy etc, but are there any concerns along those lines in regards to nail polish?

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

Ladies, I signed up to buy gifts for kids for the holidays. This is the info I have: a 16 yr old African American girl wants makeup. What would you all recommend?

ETA: She also wants nail polish. So I know certain makeup colors won't show up on different skin tones or things can look ashy etc, but are there any concerns along those lines in regards to nail polish?
You’ll get the most band for your buck with ColouPop. Plus, they often feature WOC models/swatches on their site , so you can get an idea what colors to buy. They also have some great value sets. One of my favorite recent purchases from them is the Yes, Please! palette for $16. Maybe Real Techniques brush sets? I love my RT brushes, and they’re often on good sale.

sagehen

Agreed with everything said here -just wanted to add that I am seeing a LOT of Real Techniques brush sets in TJMaxx / Marshalls for a steal, if you are near one. E.L. F. too.
You’ll get the most band for your buck with ColouPop. Plus, they often feature WOC models/swatches on their site , so you can get an idea what colors to buy. They also have some great value sets. One of my favorite recent purchases from them is the Yes, Please! palette for $16. Maybe Real Techniques brush sets? I love my RT brushes, and they’re often on good sale.

fur4elise

If she is hip to all things current, anything from Fenty Beauty would be a hit! ;)

eta: Good lord...I am dating myself with the term "hip." What do the kids say today? :crazy:

Monsy

makeup fenty

nail polish - opi has very nice holiday collection and i think they have like mini kit of 4 or something like that. there is really pretty shade called feel the chemis-tree LOVE OPI, XOXO | OPI

elegant-one

I agree...Fenty