All Things Sephora

Winthrop44

LOL, I guess so. It went a slight off orange red tinge to it. I couldn't believe it looked so weird on me. It's beautiful in the tube.
What a bummer.

I keep meaning to ask if you've ever tried the Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in Baby?

Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Twist

It's not mauve, it's a pink, but I think you'd like the product. Beautyprofessor wears/mentions it a lot on IG and I think Sabrina said she's going to be reviewing it in several colors in the future.

Last edited:

elegant-one

What a bummer.

I keep meaning to ask if you've ever tried the Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in Baby?

Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Twist

It's not mauve, it's a pink, but I think you'd like the product. Beautyprofessor wears/mentions it a lot on IG and I think Sabrina said she's going to be reviewing it in several colors in the future.

Yes! I got it. I love all of those so much. I bought 2 each. I wear them all the time. I think I have 7 or 8 of the shades. One of the best lip products.

elegant-one

I love mine too. What other shades do you like?

Poppy, Pinky, Love & especially Cherry.

Oh, speaking of mauves...Nordies has the new Nars velvet lip glide duos up. I bought Rapture - a beautiful rosy nude mauve & Night Together which is a retro warm rosy pink. They're beautiful on the lips...even "our" lips lol.

Last edited:

elegant-one

Lipstickaddict told me that the Nars duos are also on Sephora - I missed that. These are the same shades in the Ulta set.

Winthrop44

Poppy, Pinky, Love & especially Cherry.

Oh, speaking of mauves...Nordies has the new Nars velvet lip glide duos up. I bought Rapture - a beautiful rosy nude mauve & Night Together which is a retro warm rosy pink. They're beautiful on the lips...even "our" lips lol.

Oh those look beautiful! Thanks so much for mentioning them! I'll have to check out the other lip twist shades too.:flowers:

elegant-one

Oh those look beautiful! Thanks so much for mentioning them! I'll have to check out the other lip twist shades too.:flowers:

You would love the Nars shades. All the duos are so beautiful. I do them very sheer. :kisskiss: The lip twists save my lips. I do wish they were cheaper.

shontay07108

Today I got the new give me some lip kit :shakehead: the shades just did not work on me. I was so disappointed that the MJ Night Mauve looked a weird shade on me - nothing like the mauve shade on the tube. The 2 metallic glosses were horrible on me. Not my thing. Sending it back.

I did buy a bunch of The Ordinary line to try. I also got one of the new RMS lipsticks.
I bought like 5 products from this line off Beautylish and I'm sending it all back. Before I said I would stop chasing these miracle eye products, but for the price I couldn't resist. I didn't see any immediate results from the caffeine eye thingy. It didn't even feel all the moisturizing when even the least remarkable of products were able to do that. Switching out the rotation of Origins, Caudalie (I hate their moisturizer but their essence is bomb) and Sunday Riley that I had going for these Ordinary products changed my skin in a way that I hated. I had texture to my skin that I didn't really have before and even my makeup looked not as good as usual. Yuck. The pain in the ass is that with Beautylish I have to print out a mailing label. That means I have to buy ink because of course I have tons of paper and no ink.

Also, I bought the Kale cleanser by Youth to the People. It's not a keeper either. It just doesn't feel as fresh and effective as my Origins Checks and Balances. I love the packaging though.

Rinstar

The Ordinary Niacinamide broke me out terribly as well. I also bought the Vitamin C in HA, but haven't used it. Trying to let my face recover after the niacinamide

Winthrop44

For a very affordable niacinamide try Skinlex. You can get 2 different formulas, one of which is a minimalistic one. I'm not sure about the standard formula, but I haven't heard about anyone on MUA breaking out from the minimalistic one, and unlike TO it doesn't break me out.

elegant-one

I bought like 5 products from this line off Beautylish and I'm sending it all back. Before I said I would stop chasing these miracle eye products, but for the price I couldn't resist. I didn't see any immediate results from the caffeine eye thingy. It didn't even feel all the moisturizing when even the least remarkable of products were able to do that. Switching out the rotation of Origins, Caudalie (I hate their moisturizer but their essence is bomb) and Sunday Riley that I had going for these Ordinary products changed my skin in a way that I hated. I had texture to my skin that I didn't really have before and even my makeup looked not as good as usual. Yuck. The pain in the ass is that with Beautylish I have to print out a mailing label. That means I have to buy ink because of course I have tons of paper and no ink.

Also, I bought the Kale cleanser by Youth to the People. It's not a keeper either. It just doesn't feel as fresh and effective as my Origins Checks and Balances. I love the packaging though.

Crap! I'm sorry to read that. Honestly, I hate the whole skin care merry go round. All we want is soft clear beautiful skin - is that asking too much :) It's amazing to me how one product does wonders for one person & is terrible for another.

From The Ordinary, I ordered 4 products but only got/used 2 for only 2 days so far. I got Grenactive Retinoid Emulsion - so far I LOVE it. I only used a very thin amount & almost immediately my skin was super smooth & incredibly soft. I couldn't stop feeling it lol. It made my skin very even looking in texture. The other product is the Vitamin C Suspension 30% - again, I only used a very thin amount but so far I haven't noticed anything different. Thank goodness I didn't find that it burned like other reviewers commented. Maybe it's because I only used a thin amount? Who knows. I have the toning solution & lactic acid coming yet. Everything else was out of stock.

YES! I hate having to print the labels! It's so true about the darn ink. My printer has an exclamation mark warning over my ink right now :shakehead:

Last edited:

elegant-one

I had the same experience with the Niacinamide unfortunately. I have found some gems in the line though. I enjoy using the caffeine eye serum stuff and also their Rosehip seed oil has been great through this ridiculous winter.

The Ordinary Niacinamide broke me out terribly as well. I also bought the Vitamin C in HA, but haven't used it. Trying to let my face recover after the niacinamide

Note to self, do not buy the Niacinamide! I guess I'll stay away from that one. I do want to try the caffeine eye serum.
Thanks!

Winthrop44

Crap! I'm sorry to read that. Honestly, I hate the whole skin care merry go round. All we want is soft clear beautiful skin - is that asking too much :) It's amazing to me how one product does wonders for one person & is terrible for another.

From The Ordinary, I ordered 4 products but only got/used 2 for only 2 days so far. I got Grenactive Retinoid Emulsion - so far I LOVE it. I only used a very thin amount & almost immediately my skin was super smooth & incredibly soft. I couldn't stop feeling it lol. It made my skin very even looking in texture. The other product is the Vitamin C Suspension 30% - again, I only used a very thin amount but so far I haven't noticed anything different. Thank goodness I didn't find that it burned like other reviewers commented. Maybe it's because I only used a thin amount? Who knows. I have the toning solution & lactic acid coming yet. Everything else was out of stock.

YES! I hate having to print the labels! It's so true about the darn ink. My print has an exclamation mark warning over my ink right now :shakehead:

Let us know how the Granactive Retinoid goes if you keep using it. That's one I've considered too but will probably try SkinMedica Retinol Complex first since I bought it months ago and have done nothing but look at it so far. If my skin tolerates the SkinMedica I'll stick with it, but that's always a big "if" for me!

Last edited:

elegant-one

Let us know how the Granactive Retinoid goes if you keep using it. That's one I've considered too but will probably try SkinMedica Retinol Complex first since I bought it months ago and have done nothing but look at it so far. If my skin tolerates the SkinMedica I'll stick with it, but that's always a big "if" for me!

Yes, of course. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use it every day or what? What do you suggest? So far so good. My skin looks super smooth & feels incredibly soft. I'm going to get a bottle for hubs so he can use his own lol.

Let me know if you try the Skinmedica one. I'll be curious as to what you think of it.

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Yes, of course. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use it every day or what? What do you suggest? So far so good. My skin looks super smooth & feels incredibly soft. I'm going to get a bottle for hubs so he can use his own lol.

Let me know if you try the Skinmedica one. I'll be curious as to what you think of it.

Well with retinol people suggest starting with 1-2 nights per week (maybe even buffering with moisturizer if you're very sensitive) and gradually working up to every other night or nightly as tolerated over a period of months. My understanding is this stuff is supposed to be less irritating than retinol. They don't seem to say either on Sephora or their own web site how often you should use it so I guess I'd let your skin be your guide. Just remember you really need to use sunscreen. Have you already read the reviews on TO site? Maybe people there discuss how often they used it at first?

The Ordinary | Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (Previously Advanced Retinoid 2%) - 30ml

Last edited:

elegant-one

Well with retinol people suggest starting with 1-2 nights per week (maybe even buffering with moisturizer if you're very sensitive) and gradually working up to every other night or nightly as tolerated it over a period of months. My understanding is this stuff is supposed to be less irritating than retinol. They don't seem to say either on Sephora or their own web site how often you should use it so I guess I'd let your skin be your guide. Just remember you really need to use sunscreen. Have you already read the reviews on TO site? Maybe people there discuss how often they used it at first?

The Ordinary | Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (Previously Advanced Retinoid 2%) - 30ml

I was going to do it 3 times a week. It hasn't irritated my skin at all. Great info as always. No, I didn't even think of reading reviews there - thanks! I'm going to do that now.

I read all the reviews. I had the same immediate results that most of the reviewers that love it had. It was for me immediate results. My skin looked like I had no pores (not that I ever had large pores) & completely even toned. No texture to my skin but completely silky smooth. I have had one little smaller skin bump that has driven me crazy for years. After I started using the Juice Beauty it improved greatly, but I could still feel it. After the first time I used this TO, it's completely gone & I cannot feel or see it anymore :icon_cheers: A lot of reviews mentioned the same thing happening to their skin. Nothing about how often to use it, so maybe it's somewhere on their site or maybe I'll just email them.

Last edited:

lippieluv2013

I was going to do it 3 times a week. It hasn't irritated my skin at all. Great info as always. No, I didn't even think of reading reviews there - thanks! I'm going to do that now.

I read all the reviews. I had the same immediate results that most of the reviewers that love it had. It was for me immediate results. My skin looked like I no pores (not that I ever had large pores) & completely even toned. No texture to my skin but completely silky smooth. I have had one little smaller skin bump that has driven me crazy for years. After I started using the Juice Beauty it improved greatly, but I could still feel it. After the first time I used this TO, it's completely gone & I cannot feel or see it anymore :icon_cheers: A lot of reviews mentioned the same thing happening to their skin. Nothing about how often to use it, so maybe it's somewhere on their site or maybe I'll just email them.

Silky smooth skin? I'm in. I have been contemplating a purchase from this brand but could not decide which items to purchase (translation: I need to sit down and do some research). But I will take your 'review' as a ringing endorsement and add that item to my list!

elegant-one

Silky smooth skin? I'm in. I have been contemplating a purchase from this brand but could not decide which items to purchase (translation: I need to sit down and do some research). But I will take your 'review' as a ringing endorsement and add that item to my list!

:flowers::five: I read a lot of reviews before I decided what I wanted. If you do try it, I hope it works as well for you too! Thanks dear :)

VAL4M

Just tried the Fenty Mattemoiselle for the whole day and I dont like it. it transfer and move around like a Bite lipstick. Not a fan, it is a High maintenance lipstick. It is not drying and it is a satin-matte finish. Happy it was in the Sephora favorite box, I like the Smashbox liquid lipstick very lovely, MJ crayon is everything it say it is a crayon who do the same thing as a liquide lipstick, the Treseque lip balm is ok remind me of the NYX tinted lip balm. Huda lip strobe is very shiny, but non sticky and i didn't notice any texture on my lips. I say the Box is a nice buy for 33$CAN if people are interested go for it.

Last edited:

Latest posts