All Things Sephora

Monsy

Yep of course they're not going to admit to putting used/returned items back for sale but it does happen which is why they ask if its been used. Its up to the associate to determine if it goes back on sale or not and the manger will check the bins after closing and decide which products are indeed labeled as damaged and which ones they can resale.

exactly

things are getting re-sealed. i had a colleague who was amazing and this, we had sealing gun and paper and she would do that on slower days

lipstickaddict

It may be different in Canada, but I have spoken with Sephora employees at several different locations here ( Vancouver area) and have always received the same response. Unused items are re-sold and used items are sent back, sanitized:confused: and redistributed as testers.

VAL4M

Hello everyone -

I'm looking for information or a thread on "Natasha Denona" makeup line. Specifically debating on buying the Sunset and/or Lila eye shadow palettes. Is there a sub forum for her line or is this the right forum to ask in?

I'm also looking for information on the "Viseart" makeup line. Debating on buying some of the smaller Theory palettes. Is there a sub forum for that line?

Thanks a lot and happy holidays.
I have both and Lila palette hands down! I use way more the lila versus the sunset. As for viseart i prefer de Matte versus the shimmers. I have the cool matte, the warm matte and the bijoux royal and the theory minx and Nuance and i just think the shimmers lacks pigment but the Mattes are really good.

DILLIGAF

You most certainly do! :devil:

Yesss I love enabling. Freckle Fiesta is a great shade that I think a lot of people can wear if they give it a go. Griselda is gorgeous and you can definitely rock it. I considered it but I usually stay away from the dark colors because I feel like they make me look older. I don’t know. :scratch:
There is only one reason I wouldn't get Griselda. Those sort of shades are my favorite. I have that sort of color in multiple finishes in every brand I own. Pat McGrath, MAC, Melt, UD, Bite, etc. Freckle Fiesta reminds me of Smashbox Out Loud. I wonder why I don't have more of this sort of shade in my collection.

boschicka

It may be different in Canada, but I have spoken with Sephora employees at several different locations here ( Vancouver area) and have always received the same response. Unused items are re-sold and used items are sent back, sanitized:confused: and redistributed as testers.

I am really not ok with "unused" items being re-sold. That's unsanitary and no less vile to me than using a tester. :puke:

Clearly we all need to destroy our products before returning so they have to be damaged out. :p

Sugar & Spice

Stopped by Sephora to look at the Fenty mattes and I'm going to pass. The formula was comfortable and creamy for a matte but the product is small and the lipstick will easily break and come out the tube. It happened when I was using one of the testers, the lipstick broke and fell out the tube. I was able to put it back in the tube and it was like new again, so just use caution when twisting the lipstick up and only have the smallest amount of the bullet visible when applying to keep it from breaking.

shontay07108

I wore Freckle Fiesta today and I love, love, love it. I only drank coffee, but it stayed on all day, no need to reapply. It didn't dry out my lips and the colors is just gorgeous. Mine seems pretty steady in the tube and it's comfortable to wear. I hope she expands the shade range (and the shade range for the liquid lipsticks).

Shars

Late Merry Christmas to all you Specktrettes!! Hope you all had a lovely holiday. I'm in a makeup slump right now, which is a good thing, but I feel like I'm wasting a sale with this whole 20% off sale going on at Sephora right now lol.
[MENTION=51593]fur4elise[/MENTION] and [MENTION=50446]DILLIGAF[/MENTION] I am loving your new avis!!!

Sugar & Spice

Don't feel bad as I have no desire to indulge in the sale either.

Late Merry Christmas to all you Specktrettes!! Hope you all had a lovely holiday. I'm in a makeup slump right now, which is a good thing, but I feel like I'm wasting a sale with this whole 20% off sale going on at Sephora right now lol.
@fur4elise and @DILLIGAF I am loving your new avis!!!

boschicka

@fur4elise and @DILLIGAF I am loving your new avis!!!

The BeautyBlender Summer Fling set is a steal! Ends up being 3 of them for $27.20! :p

lipstickaddict

[MENTION=51593]fur4elise[/MENTION] and [MENTION=50446]DILLIGAF[/MENTION] I am loving your new avis!!!

I wasn't originally planning on shopping the sale either, but the Bobby Brown holiday highlighter trio was on sale from $85 Canadian to $34 with the boxing day code. I had been contemplating it at full price, but the sale price was such a steal I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Shars

The BeautyBlender Summer Fling set is a steal! Ends up being 3 of them for $27.20! :p
I did see that one but I stocked up on beauty blenders at the Makeup Show last month so I'm good for about 5 years LOL!
I wasn't originally planning on shopping the sale either, but the Bobby Brown holiday highlighter trio was on sale from $85 Canadian to $34! I had been contemplating it at full price, but the sale price was such a steal I couldn't resist.
I bought the trio when it went on sale to $34 on the US site a few weeks back. It's back to $50 now but if I didn't grab it then, I probably would have grabbed it now at the 20% off.

Sugar & Spice

Thanks for mentioning this because I bought the Fenty sponge to use since I have the Fenty foundation but I only like the Fenty sponge to blend under eye concealer since it has that flat edge. So the original blender being on sale is indeed a good time to get it.

fur4elise

Late Merry Christmas to all you Specktrettes!! Hope you all had a lovely holiday. I'm in a makeup slump right now, which is a good thing, but I feel like I'm wasting a sale with this whole 20% off sale going on at Sephora right now lol. @fur4elise and @DILLIGAF I am loving your new avis!!!

Thank you @Shars ! x0x0x

Lol! I feel the same too! I went into 2 stores yesterday and was meh, bleh...I was considering the Becca Apes Ski Face palette, but that sucker will eventually get marked down further, so I will wait it out ;)

I wasn't originally planning on shopping the sale either, but the Bobby Brown holiday highlighter trio was on sale from $85 Canadian to $34 with the boxing day code. I had been contemplating it at full price, but the sale price was such a steal I couldn't resist.

Hee Hee! I knew you would eventually get it! It is a lovely palette!
:tee: