All Things Sephora

Monsy

regarding our talk of returns, stuff going to damages or being sold again... so a couple of weeks ago Algenist was on hautelook so i ordered their mask - it is amazing btw. Finally, it arrived packed in the shipping box, another large white box, in it's own box and sealed. i open it super excited to use it and what do I see - someone's finger was nicely in there already like scooped out a good portion of the mask. Yuck so disgusting. So they re-sealed that obviously and re-sold.

lipstickaddict

regarding our talk of returns, stuff going to damages or being sold again... so a couple of weeks ago Algenist was on hautelook so i ordered their mask - it is amazing btw. Finally, it arrived packed in the shipping box, another large white box, in it's own box and sealed. i open it super excited to use it and what do I see - someone's finger was nicely in there already like scooped out a good portion of the mask. Yuck so disgusting. So they re-sealed that obviously and re-sold.

:shakehead::zombie::rant2::puke:

JerseyGirl

Omg. Gross

elegant-one

:shakehead::doh::plthumbsdown::scream: So did you tell them? Completely unacceptable!!!

elegant-one

I bought the KORA Organics Rose Quartz Luminizer & just tried it last weekend. It's really, really pretty on. I love how it looks on my skin. Glowy, natural & a beautiful subtle yet enhancing luminosity. I really love how natural it looks & it makes the skin look healthy & pretty.

elegant-one

Today I got the new give me some lip kit :shakehead: the shades just did not work on me. I was so disappointed that the MJ Night Mauve looked a weird shade on me - nothing like the mauve shade on the tube. The 2 metallic glosses were horrible on me. Not my thing. Sending it back.

I did buy a bunch of The Ordinary line to try. I also got one of the new RMS lipsticks.

VAL4M

Today I got the new give me some lip kit :shakehead: the shades just did not work on me. I was so disappointed that the MJ Night Mauve looked a weird shade on me - nothing like the mauve shade on the tube. The 2 metallic glosses were horrible on me. Not my thing. Sending it back.

I did buy a bunch of The Ordinary line to try. I also got one of the new RMS lipsticks.

Poor you!!! I also got it today I have the Fenty Beauty lipstick on and the Huda lipgloss. And it is nice, hot pink.... I have too many of those but it still look good on me. Didn't test MJ night mauve but those colour usually also look good on me. the thing that throw me off is that the Smashbox liquid lipstick is in the same packaging as Julep lip mousse but the wand are different. sorry to hear it didn't work for you. As for my opinion on the Fenty lipstick the jury is still out. Not bad but .... It does transfer, (i'm drinking tea and my cup is full of lipstick). The ND Green-Brown 28 palette on the other hand OMG SOOOO beautiful! One CON: she could add more matte eyeshadows! all those shimmery shadows vs 4 matte eyeshadows? WTF? I think she's done better with the Lila and Sunset palette where you find more matte.

elegant-one

Poor you!!! I also got it today I have the Fenty Beauty lipstick on and the Huda lipgloss. And it is nice, hot pink.... I have too many of those but it still look good on me. Didn't test MJ night mauve but those colour usually also look good on me. the thing that throw me off is that the Smashbox liquid lipstick is in the same packaging as Julep lip mousse but the wand are different. sorry to hear it didn't work for you. As for my opinion on the Fenty lipstick the jury is still out. Not bad but .... It does transfer, (i'm drinking tea and my cup is full of lipstick). The ND Green-Brown 28 palette on the other hand OMG SOOOO beautiful! One CON: she could add more matte eyeshadows! all those shimmery shadows vs 4 matte eyeshadows? WTF? I think she's done better with the Lila and Sunset palette where you find more matte.

Well that's good that they work for you! I'll be curious how the MJ shade looks on you. It looked good in the pencil & on my hand, just not on my lips. I did like the Fenty lipstick shade. I agree, I prefer the matte eyeshadows. Thanks for letting me know.

shadowaddict

Let us know what you think of The Ordinary products you got.

I ordered some from Beaytulish just before I found out Sephora was going to carry it. So far I've tried two products and both do not agree with my skin.

I was so hoping the peel would work as it is 10% of the cost of DE. However it was like pouring battery acid on my face. I can use the DE twice a week and I also use retinols so my skin is used to strong products. I left it on for about 5-6 minutes & gently washed it off. My skin was on fire and about as red as the peel itself & a few small areas swollen. My face was stinging as I put my moisturizer on.

I waited a week and tried the DE to see if something was up with my skin but I had no issues. I thought I'd give The Ordinary peel another try. I waited 10 days after I used the DE. I had the same horrible reaction. I really wish it worked for me as it does for many other people. I will have stick with the more expensive DE.

The Niacinamide didn't work for me either. It broke me out. I found it to be very emollient. I guess it was too much so for my oily t-zone & over all acne prone skin.

I'm still going to try other products from the line in hopes something will work & save on other brands I use.

fur4elise

I ordered some from Beaytulish just before I found out Sephora was going to carry it. So far I've tried two products and both do not agree with my skin.
I was so hoping the peel would work as it is 10% of the cost of DE. However it was like pouring battery acid on my face. I can use the DE twice a week and I also use retinols so my skin is used to strong products. I left it on for about 5-6 minutes & gently washed it off. My skin was on fire and about as red as the peel itself & a few small areas swollen. My face was stinging as I put my moisturizer on.
I waited a week and tried the DE to see if something was up with my skin but I had no issues. I thought I'd give The Ordinary peel another try. I waited 10 days after I used the DE. I had the same horrible reaction. I really wish it worked for me as it does for many other people. I will have stick with the more expensive DE.
The Niacinamide didn't work for me either. It broke me out. I found it to be very emollient. I guess it was too much so for my oily t-zone & over all acne prone skin. I'm still going to try other products from the line in hopes something will work & save on other brands I use.

Wow! Sorry to hear neither of those products worked for you. It is the exact opposite for me. I too have a similar skintype. I found with the 10% Lactic, I had to gradually introduce use, starting with just a couple nights a week. Also at first, I needed to put on my night serum almost immediately after application. Over time my skin built up a tolerance. I can use it 5-6 nights a week. But I am mindful to how my skin feels on the daily. If my face is "angry" in any way, I skip my stronger products for a day or 2.

The Niacinamide has also been awesome for me. I only use it during my am routine, as is contradicts with Vit C products.

Winthrop44

The Niacinamide didn't work for me either. It broke me out. I found it to be very emollient. I guess it was too much so for my oily t-zone & over all acne prone skin.

I'm still going to try other products from the line in hopes something will work & save on other brands I use.
I haven't gotten anything from TO to work for me either. DE's new Protini is great though. Got it during the Sephora glitch when they released it early for a few hours and it's released today for real. Highly recommend.

Alysse011

I had the same experience with the Niacinamide unfortunately. I have found some gems in the line though. I enjoy using the caffeine eye serum stuff and also their Rosehip seed oil has been great through this ridiculous winter.

lipstickaddict

I haven't gotten anything from TO to work for me either. DE's new Protini is great though. Got it during the Sephora glitch when they released it early for a few hours and it's released today for real. Highly recommend.

Good to hear! I am seriously trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and get the Protini. Its over 80 dollars Canadian which is why I'm hesitating, but it's been getting great reviews.

VAL4M

Well that's good that they work for you! I'll be curious how the MJ shade looks on you. It looked good in the pencil & on my hand, just not on my lips. I did like the Fenty lipstick shade. I agree, I prefer the matte eyeshadows. Thanks for letting me know.
021A48C9-E307-4B4B-B7FF-EF1C3F263E01.jpeg Hi [MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION] wearing the MJ lipstick crayon on me it is a dusty pink it is creamy and over time turn matte quite natural and my lips but better on me. I think it worth you look for a flattering shade :D

elegant-one

View attachment 62849 Hi @elegant-one wearing the MJ lipstick crayon on me it is a dusty pink it is creamy and over time turn matte quite natural and my lips but better on me. I think it worth you look for a flattering shade :D

It's so pretty on you!!! I wish it looked that great on me. It must be my own lip shade. Even hubs said, that looks nothing like the color swatch lol. I was sooo hopeful. I loved the crayon/consistency a lot. Thanks!

Last edited:

Winthrop44

View attachment 62849 Hi @elegant-one wearing the MJ lipstick crayon on me it is a dusty pink it is creamy and over time turn matte quite natural and my lips but better on me. I think it worth you look for a flattering shade :D
I love that on you!
It's so pretty on you!!! I wish it looked that great on me. It must be my own lip shade. Even hubs said, that looks nothing like the color swatch lol. I was sooo hopeful. I loved the crayon/consistency a lot. Thanks!
So our lips ruin it? Seriously??

Latest posts