All Things Sephora

boschicka

I kind of think they might if they don’t look used...

I was at Nordstrom once buying a lipstick. They only had one more in stock of the shade I wanted. The girl who was helping me said “Someone returned this earlier. She said she didn’t use it so it’s technically back for sale but...I think it looks used so I don’t feel comfortable selling it to you”

Wuuuuut?!?! Nooooo! I thought all makeup returns were garbage. Even if you didn't "use" it, you could have sneezed on it or done other nefarious things. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Monsy

Why do they ask at Sephora if you used the item you're returning? They don't put them out for sale if you say no, do they?

of course they put them back for sale.
even some items that you can't tell like let's say primer in opaque bottle that you can't see if it was used or not goes back on the floor
the problem is corporate is putting pressure on store managers if they have too many damages and returned items so they try to minimize that by putting stuff back for sale

elegant-one

I kind of think they might if they don’t look used...

I was at Nordstrom once buying a lipstick. They only had one more in stock of the shade I wanted. The girl who was helping me said “Someone returned this earlier. She said she didn’t use it so it’s technically back for sale but...I think it looks used so I don’t feel comfortable selling it to you”

Ugh! That is so awful.

Wuuuuut?!?! Nooooo! I thought all makeup returns were garbage. Even if you didn't "use" it, you could have sneezed on it or done other nefarious things. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

:shakehead::puke:I don't want anybody's used anything. Disgusting.

of course they put them back for sale.
even some items that you can't tell like let's say primer in opaque bottle that you can't see if it was used or not goes back on the floor
the problem is corporate is putting pressure on store managers if they have too many damages and returned items so they try to minimize that by putting stuff back for sale

Well that is just not right. I always look for fingerprints etc. when I open my items.

MaryJane

Why do they ask at Sephora if you used the item you're returning? They don't put them out for sale if you say no, do they?
I think it depends on the store. I’ve returned many items, used and unused, to ‘my’ usual Sephora and every time I ask if unused items go back on the shelf, I’ve been told no. I saw for myself that all of the items I returned went directly into the damage bin. I’ve seen the store manager herself train new employees and tell them all returns are considered damaged and aren’t restocked.

MaryJane

Checked out the new Fenty matte lipsticks today. They applied smoothly and are pigmented. One swipe is all it took for full coverage. I purchased Single and Spanked. I’m so glad I didn’t buy Freckle Fiesta without trying it on. It did not look good on me. I can usually pull off terra cotta shades but this one had a little too much yellow in it to make it work. The darker shades will look amazing on women with deeper skin tones.

anyone else try them?

also checked out the new Stella Peony perfume. I like it but wasn’t able to get a sample.

LV2EVOLVE

Checked out the new Fenty matte lipsticks today. They applied smoothly and are pigmented. One swipe is all it took for full coverage. I purchased Single and Spanked. I’m so glad I didn’t buy Freckle Fiesta without trying it on. It did not look good on me. I can usually pull off terra cotta shades but this one had a little too much yellow in it to make it work. The darker shades will look amazing on women with deeper skin tones.

anyone else try them?

also checked out the new Stella Peony perfume. I like it but wasn’t able to get a sample.

I ordered Freckle Fiesta. It was the first color that caught my eye after the initial swatch video I watched. I do love a bunch of other colors, but will have to budget them. I want Spanked, Ma’damn and Shawty.

shontay07108

I returned something to Ulta the other day and they asked if I had used it. I don't like the idea of returns going back on the shelf at all.

I was all set to order my Rihanna stuff on my way to work, but I realized it should be in stores and I was going right past a mall. My plan was to grab three and run to go to work, but I swatched each one. Some looked terrible on my skin, but they all went on nicely. In the end I got Clapback, Spanked and Freckle Fiesta and I love them all on me. They glide on the lips, it's full coverage, and I didn't notice any scent from them. The packaging is really nice, but I kinda had a hard time removing the caps the first few times for some reason. Out of the three I bought my fave might be Spanked, but I'll have to wear them the whole day to really make that call. I don't see myself buying any of the other colors.

Monsy

I think it depends on the store. I’ve returned many items, used and unused, to ‘my’ usual Sephora and every time I ask if unused items go back on the shelf, I’ve been told no. I saw for myself that all of the items I returned went directly into the damage bin. I’ve seen the store manager herself train new employees and tell them all returns are considered damaged and aren’t restocked.

i thinks she is lying. they have different bins behind the register that are labeled used, unused etc... so to say everything goes in the damages i highly doubt so

MaryJane

i thinks she is lying. they have different bins behind the register that are labeled used, unused etc... so to say everything goes in the damages i highly doubt so
We’ll have to agree to disagree about this especially since neither one of us knows for sure what goes on at the Sephora I frequent.

elegant-one

I returned something to Ulta the other day and they asked if I had used it. I don't like the idea of returns going back on the shelf at all.

I was all set to order my Rihanna stuff on my way to work, but I realized it should be in stores and I was going right past a mall. My plan was to grab three and run to go to work, but I swatched each one. Some looked terrible on my skin, but they all went on nicely. In the end I got Clapback, Spanked and Freckle Fiesta and I love them all on me. They glide on the lips, it's full coverage, and I didn't notice any scent from them. The packaging is really nice, but I kinda had a hard time removing the caps the first few times for some reason. Out of the three I bought my fave might be Spanked, but I'll have to wear them the whole day to really make that call. I don't see myself buying any of the other colors.

Do I need Spanked :hmm::hide::rofl:but seriously, LOL do I?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Hello everyone -

I'm looking for information or a thread on "Natasha Denona" makeup line. Specifically debating on buying the Sunset and/or Lila eye shadow palettes. Is there a sub forum for her line or is this the right forum to ask in?

I'm also looking for information on the "Viseart" makeup line. Debating on buying some of the smaller Theory palettes. Is there a sub forum for that line?

Thanks a lot and happy holidays.

We don't have separate threads for either brand, but both are also sold by Beautylish, and we have a thread for that. There's definitely more Natasha Denona discussion in there.

Sugar & Spice

Yep of course they're not going to admit to putting used/returned items back for sale but it does happen which is why they ask if its been used. Its up to the associate to determine if it goes back on sale or not and the manger will check the bins after closing and decide which products are indeed labeled as damaged and which ones they can resale.

As someone else stated its all about money and the managers are not going to loose their jobs due to too many returns and the store not making enough profit. This is why I've stopped shopping at Nordstrom on-line because a lot of their returns are sent back to the warehouse and will be selected for on-line orders. I've received shirts and dresses with makeup on them, skincare that wasn't full which I recommend holding all skin care against the light so you can see how much is actually inside. Retail across the board is struggling right now so everyone should carefully inspect their purchases.

I didn't go check out Fenty mattes as I'm in lipstick over load after all the Pat McGrath releases but I'll probably end up getting candy venom at some point.

DILLIGAF

I was all set to order my Rihanna stuff on my way to work, but I realized it should be in stores and I was going right past a mall. My plan was to grab three and run to go to work, but I swatched each one. Some looked terrible on my skin, but they all went on nicely. In the end, I got Clapback, Spanked and Freckle Fiesta and I love them all on me. They glide on the lips, it's full coverage, and I didn't notice any scent from them. The packaging is really nice, but I kinda had a hard time removing the caps the first few times for some reason. Out of the three, I bought my fave might be Spanked, but I'll have to wear them the whole day to really make that call. I don't see myself buying any of the other colors.

Because of you, I checked out Freckle Fiesta and I think its a color I can easily pull off. I was able to swatch a few in store today. The line was off-putting so I'm going to go back over the weekend. On the back of my hand, the formula felt great. Smooth and pigmented. I will go back this weekend and grab Freckle Fiesta and Griselda.

So my dog can sit her naked behind on an eyeshadow palette and as long as you can't tell.....

Your poor doggie would have some explaining to do!

shontay07108

Do I need Spanked :hmm::hide::rofl:but seriously, LOL do I?
You most certainly do! :devil:
Because of you, I checked out Freckle Fiesta and I think its a color I can easily pull off. I was able to swatch a few in store today. The line was off-putting so I'm going to go back over the weekend. On the back of my hand, the formula felt great. Smooth and pigmented. I will go back this weekend and grab Freckle Fiesta and Griselda.

Your poor doggie would have some explaining to do!
Yesss I love enabling. Freckle Fiesta is a great shade that I think a lot of people can wear if they give it a go. Griselda is gorgeous and you can definitely rock it. I considered it but I usually stay away from the dark colors because I feel like they make me look older. I don’t know. :scratch:

fabulousmoolah

I wouldn't mind if the return had packaging that was unopened, like plastic clamshell or the plastic wrapping with the perforations where you tear it off.