All Things Sephora

VAL4M

T's swatch of the ND tropical palette is up and it is a pass for me .... doesn't look really pigmented :(

shontay07108

Dudes I just got a notification email from Sephora about PM's Flesh 3 being back in stock and I haven't ordered anything so quick in awhile. It feels like forever and I started to doubt that it would ever come back. Every swatch of that lipstick is gorgeous and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I went ahead and threw in the shade Obsessed while I was at it.

Last edited:

lipstickaddict

T's swatch of the ND tropical palette is up and it is a pass for me .... doesn't look really pigmented :(

Really? I thought the swatches looked great! A couple of the mattes look a bit lighter but overall I am impressed! Then again you are the eyeshadow officinondo so perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about :rofl: In any case, I am excited!

VAL4M

Really? I thought the swatches looked great! A couple of the mattes look a bit lighter but overall I am impressed! Then again you are the eyeshadow officinondo so perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about :rofl: In any case, I am excited!
Well it more like T's swatch (reality) vs Instagram swatch (filter, retouch) and it just look like a lot of what I already in my collection, i was expecting more saturated eyeshadow, even the last row I have similar green, blues and violet .... Now I just need to see other swatch of the Pat McGrath palette -_-

Shars

The swatches look fine to me. The mattes seem well pigmented. I'm just not into the colour scheme so it's a pass for me.

MaryJane

I thought T’s swatches looked great too. IMO better than the latest Viseart palettes she swatched. I picked up the Tropic palette today -from what I swatched, they were pigmented and not powdery. Maybe a little but not like ABH palettes.

On a different note, swatched the PMG warm bronze palette - it is amazing. Smooth, pigmented, metallic. Can’t wait for mine to come tomorrow.

Alysse011

I just checked and it looks like the PMG palettes are available at my Sephora. Perhaps I should have just gone to the store to look, because I’m nervous I will end up with the wrong palette as well. I may still go in to see how they look in person if I have a free moment today

Haven

Well I am officially done with Sephora online for a while. I paid for overnight shipping, called yesterday to check on the order, was told that it would ship for delivery today, and as of this morning the order still has not moved. Plus the CS rep told me yesterday that they would refund the extra shipping cost if for some reason it didn’t ship. This morning CS refused to refund the overnight shipping charge. She said that the previous rep said they would “help me out” with the shipping charge but never specified what “help me out” officially meant. Therefore they were not obligated to refund the extra shipping charge.:mad: Plus I canceled a different order which they promptly shipped.

This is is extremely frustrating because the products in the overnight order are in high demand and limited. Now I don’t know if they will pull a fast one and cancel the order due to low stock issues. The CS rep this morning even said said that everything should be ok, but that she couldn’t promise anything.

I realize that these are superficial first world issues, but I am still annoyed. My Sephora Pat McGrath orders always get messed up.

boschicka

Well I am officially done with Sephora online for a while. I paid for overnight shipping, called yesterday to check on the order, was told that it would ship for delivery today, and as of this morning the order still has not moved. Plus the CS rep told me yesterday that they would refund the extra shipping cost if for some reason it didn’t ship. This morning CS refused to refund the overnight shipping charge. She said that the previous rep said they would “help me out” with the shipping charge but never specified what “help me out” officially meant. Therefore they were not obligated to refund the extra shipping charge.:mad: Plus I canceled a different order which they promptly shipped.

This is is extremely frustrating because the products in the overnight order are in high demand and limited. Now I don’t know if they will pull a fast one and cancel the order due to low stock issues. The CS rep this morning even said said that everything should be ok, but that she couldn’t promise anything.

I realize that these are superficial first world issues, but I am still annoyed. My Sephora Pat McGrath orders always get messed up.

First world problems or not, it's still maddening when people can't do their flipping jobs. I think we're going to have to shift our expectations and then we'll be amazed when things go smoothly.

shontay07108

That sounds frustrating as hell. I felt something was up with my order yesterday when it was still processing but the order I put in after shipped within a couple of hours. This is so annoying.

Shars

That last person you spoke to is ridiculous. According to the terms and conditions of Flash one-day shipping, provided you placed your order before the cut off time they have to ship your product. If they can't they should automatically refund your flash shipping fee. For God's sake it's $5. I would refund $5 to keep a repeat customer happy. Some people just don't understand what good customer service is about.

Sugar & Spice

My bronze ambition palette from Sephora has already shipped. I too did not know it would be in store otherwise I would have bought it in store and I'll still probably go to Sephora today and see it.

shontay07108

I got the shipping notification for my palette so I feel a bit better. The store locator on the Sephora site says it's at my local store, but I highly doubt it. If it is it's not out or they'll tell me they don't have it. I did call another Sephora I plan on going to tomorrow and they have the new MUFE highlighters. I'm excited to see those.

Haven

That last person you spoke to is ridiculous. According to the terms and conditions of Flash one-day shipping, provided you placed your order before the cut off time they have to ship your product. If they can't they should automatically refund your flash shipping fee. For God's sake it's $5. I would refund $5 to keep a repeat customer happy. Some people just don't understand what good customer service is about.
I agree. For me it was the principle more than the $5. I don’t appreciate being scolded and talked down to. A lot of bs for $5.

MaryJane

I wore my ND Tropic palette today and am rethinking my positive first impressions. I used all the colors in the column with Tiger Lily. Coco in the crease, Gusti on the lid, and Tiger Lily as a liner. Gusti doesn’t have much color payoff from the base color, I saw mostly the fine chroma crystals (which had some fallout even with Glitter Glue). Tiger Lily applied on th eye was more teal than blue (really surprised at how different it was from the pan). It has to be really built up to even get near the blue color and then it’s patchy.

After work, I tried more colors on top of what I already applied and found the color payoff to be lacking. I didn’t fuss with the brushes that I used - IMO if I’m paying that much eyeshadow, it should apply well no matter what brush. I have the Sunset, Lila and Joya palettes, the formula in this palette feels different. The mattes aren’t as creamy.

curious to hear how everyone else like it.

fur4elise

I wore my ND Tropic palette today and am rethinking my positive first impressions. I used all the colors in the column with Tiger Lily. Coco in the crease, Gusti on the lid, and Tiger Lily as a liner. Gusti doesn’t have much color payoff from the base color, I saw mostly the fine chroma crystals (which had some fallout even with Glitter Glue). Tiger Lily applied on th eye was more teal than blue (really surprised at how different it was from the pan). It has to be really built up to even get near the blue color and then it’s patchy.
After work, I tried more colors on top of what I already applied and found the color payoff to be lacking. I didn’t fuss with the brushes that I used - IMO if I’m paying that much eyeshadow, it should apply well no matter what brush. I have the Sunset, Lila and Joya palettes, the formula in this palette feels different. The mattes aren’t as creamy. curious to hear how everyone else like it.

While it sucks the palette is not performing as you thought it would, your impressions and feedback are extremely appreciated. ;)

Icecaramellatte

Anyone try the new in store pick up option through the Sephora App available in some cities? I tried it the other day but it wouldn't accept how my address was entered. It was very strange. I was wondering if anyone had success with this. Thanks.

VAL4M

After work, I tried more colors on top of what I already applied and found the color payoff to be lacking. I didn’t fuss with the brushes that I used - IMO if I’m paying that much eyeshadow, it should apply well no matter what brush. I have the Sunset, Lila and Joya palettes, the formula in this palette feels different. The mattes aren’t as creamy.

curious to hear how everyone else like it.
I saw a review on youtube and she also find Tiger Lily lack lustre so not just you. Thanks for the review!

Latest posts