All Things Sephora

DaniMarie

Okay, this is a tad off topic.

How much do you girls buy drugstore stuff?

I feel like I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to make-up. I like my MAC and higher end brands likes NARS, MUFE, UD, etc/whatever.

The thing is, when I was a kid -- drugstore make-up was AWFUL. Truly awful. I know it isn't now, I know a lot of brands are really churning out great quality items.. but I still can't get over it. I think part of it as well, is that I can't afford to do high end AND drugstore. It's one or the other. I know I have easier access to drugstore, but I'd rather spend the money on the higher end item. I'm also a big packaging snob. I really dislike how cheap a lot of the drugstore packaging looks. I know a lot of people don't like MAC, NARS etc packaging because it's so "black and boring" -- but I prefer it. I prefer it looking sleek and chic.

I've actually only ever bought one item from TheBalm and Benefit BECAUSE of their packaging looking so cheap/tacky to me. I dunno.. I guess I just feel like if I'm paying a high price, I want more than just cardboard with a picture on it.

I'm completely rambling, sorry about this.. It just crossed my mind that I prefer MAC and more Sephora brands than drugstore and wondered if I was alone in that.
I think that the only drugstore make up I buy now is my Maybelline eyeliner and concealer.. I love both! For me, I like the ingredients of higher quality brands, especially for skin care. I also find they are more pigmented when it comes to make-up so a little goes a long way!!

DaniMarie

Hey Ladies!

New topic - My friend is looking for a new face primer. Personally, I lovelovelove and swear by my Prime Time oil control.. But she's been trying it for a while now and it doesn't seem to work for her the same as it does for me even though we have similar concerns - I guess everybody's body is diff!

What is everyone's fav face primer - Any suggestions? Her biggest concerns are pore coverage and day time lightly oily skin.

instagram.com/dlparent | twitter.com/dlparent | pinterest.com/dlparent11

DILLIGAF

Hey Ladies!

New topic - My friend is looking for a new face primer. Personally, I lovelovelove and swear by my Prime Time oil control.. But she's been trying it for a while now and it doesn't seem to work for her the same as it does for me even though we have similar concerns - I guess everybody's body is diff!

What is everyone's fav face primer - Any suggestions? Her biggest concerns are pore coverage and day time lightly oily skin.

instagram.com/dlparent | twitter.com/dlparent | pinterest.com/dlparent11
I've heard great things about Benefit Porefessional and Agent Zero Shine. I've never used either of those products before but based on what you have listed as her concerns I've heard they are good.

DaniMarie

Great that's one of the high end mascaras I do have. Please don't let it become a habit!!!!
I've heard great things about Benefit Porefessional and Agent Zero Shine. I've never used either of those products before but based on what you have listed as her concerns I've heard they are good.
I heard the same about Porefessional and when I tried it it didn't live up at all - One of the worst I've tried and I've tried a lot! Aside from their mascara which is amazing and hoola bronzer, I'm falling out of love with Benefit I think..

jenise

Hey Ladies! New topic - My friend is looking for a new face primer. Personally, I lovelovelove and swear by my Prime Time oil control.. But she's been trying it for a while now and it doesn't seem to work for her the same as it does for me even though we have similar concerns - I guess everybody's body is diff! What is everyone's fav face primer - Any suggestions? Her biggest concerns are pore coverage and day time lightly oily skin. _________________________________________________________________ instagram.com/dlparent  |  twitter.com/dlparent  |  pinterest.com/dlparent11
The new smashbox pore minimizing!

DaniMarie

The new smashbox pore minimizing!
Omg they have a new pore minimizing one?? Even I may have to try that! I loved the feel of the Smashbox primer when I tried before but it made my pores look horrible! Going to recommend this to my friend for sure - Thanks!

DILLIGAF

I heard the same about Porefessional and when I tried it it didn't live up at all - One of the worst I've tried and I've tried a lot! Aside from their mascara which is amazing and hoola bronzer, I'm falling out of love with Benefit I think..
To be honest I've never really tried anything from Benefit outside of a creaseless cream shadow back in the day that creased on me.

LiliV

I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil but because I like the finish it leaves, not really for oil control. I have oily skin but I'm a fix it w powder girl lol the Hourglass Primer is really nice though, gives me a great smooth base for foundation

jenise

Omg they have a new pore minimizing one?? Even I may have to try that! I loved the feel of the Smashbox primer when I tried before but it made my pores look horrible! Going to recommend this to my friend for sure - Thanks!
It's amazing! Definitely try a sample

honey on boost

I'm a rouge and I didn't get an email
blah.gif

Has anyone tried the Kat Von D liquid liner in Trooper? Tarte discontinued my favorite liquid liner so I'm trying to find something to replace it.

v0ltagekid

I'm a rouge and I didn't get an email
blah.gif

Has anyone tried the Kat Von D liquid liner in Trooper? Tarte discontinued my favorite liquid liner so I'm trying to find something to replace it.
My favorite!
Got it in gratis when I worked at sephora, maybe like 4 months ago, I use it daily and it hasn't run out!

Latest posts