All Things Sephora

DILLIGAF

MUA talk so much about embryolisse. I'll have to try it.

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

That's why I decided to try it a couple of years ago. It's especially amazing if you're putting makeup over it. Everything glides on. It's like a moisturizer and primer in one.
I use it to prep the skin for makeup. It's a wonderful thing

awickedshape

Hmmm...  My derm recommended CeraVe and Cetaphil for my skin. Along with an expensive cleanser from Neostrata.  All work great.  I guess it depends on what you are buying.  Oil of Olay and Jergens has kept my grandmothers skin  looking good for 30 years.  You wouldn't guess she's 82.   All the expensive eye creams I've bought did nothing.  Almost all expensive moisturizers except for one by Murad broke me out.  I'm going to go with different strokes for different folks. 
Yup.

Gaiya

I'm not sure how I feel about Fifty Shades of Grey. I hope they do a good job making it not too offensive or sensationalized.

On the other hand, I do LOVE the makeup collection. That cheek palette will sell out in an instant I'm sure. *drools*

Technically I don't need the eye palette/lip product set... but I'm TOTALLY a sucker for cute makeup cases... so I don't know if I can resist.

veronikawithak

I'm not sure how I feel about Fifty Shades of Grey. I hope they do a good job making it not too offensive or sensationalized.

On the other hand, I do LOVE the makeup collection. That cheek palette will sell out in an instant I'm sure. *drools*

Technically I don't need the eye palette/lip product set... but I'm TOTALLY a sucker for cute makeup cases... so I don't know if I can resist.
The quality of writing offended me more than the content.. couldn't even get through the first book. I'm sure the dialogue in the movie will be just as bad. Anything with secret compartments has my attention though.. but I think I'll just admire it from afar and not buy it.

awickedshape

The quality of writing offended me more than the content.. couldn't even get through the first book. I'm sure the dialogue in the movie will be just as bad. Anything with secret compartments has my attention though.. but I think I'll just admire it from afar and not buy it.
The subject matter is not my cup of tea but I had no problems giggling over James Spader in "Secretary" so I could have given it [the book] a chance if nor for glimpses of the horrifically poor writing. I don't have much tolerance for anything 50 Shades related except for this http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

pretty_melody

Also got cleansing water. Haven't used it yet either. Anxious to try it though.
Yeah I'm gonna pretend I don't want that Nars set...
angelic.gif
"I don't need more lipsticks must stop!"

veronikawithak

The subject matter is not my cup of tea but I had no problems giggling over James Spader in "Secretary" so I could have given it [the book] a chance if nor for glimpses of the horrifically poor writing. I don't have much tolerance for anything 50 Shades related except for this http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215
Thank you for sharing! That's the best book review think I've ever read.. totally agree. The sexual content wasn't what offended me.. I'm pretty open minded about that. It was the controlling, stalking, manipulation and general setback of female sexuality by about 50 years. Not to mention the vapid characters and poor writing. There are so many authors in the genre with actual talent. no need to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

awickedshape

Thank you for sharing! That's the best book review think I've ever read.. totally agree. The sexual content wasn't what offended me.. I'm pretty open minded about that. It was the controlling, stalking, manipulation and general setback of female sexuality by about 50 years. Not to mention the vapid characters and poor writing. There are so many authors in the genre with actual talent. no need to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
↑ This. So much. I couldn't understand how it became so popular. The review cracked me up, though.

Prettypackages

OMG, I wanted to throw this book across the room because of the writing. Not interested in the movie at all...

shontay07108

50 Shades is a poorly written book, no doubt, but I thought it was fun. It was a quick read, goofy, a lot of fantasy involved. I wasn't offended by any of it. It was written by a twi-hard. The 2nd and 3rd books, however were an abomination and completely unnecessary. I'll be seeing the movie for a good laugh.

dash4

Between Ulta's 20% off and Sephora's 20% off.. I got this:

• Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Duo
  • Buxom Buxom Full-On Fix (With Acapulco Lipstick and Jennifer Lip Polish)
  • Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask
  • L'Occitane Cleansing And Softening Shower Oil With Almond Oil
  • Josie Maran Cleansing Oil
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
  • Becca Skin Perfector - Pearl
  • Naked 2 Basics palette
  • Becca Ombre Nudes eye palette
  • It Cosmetics Pretty Celebration Matte Palette
  • Lorac Unzipped palette

I bought 4 eyeshadow palettes.
eeksign.gif

I am gearing up for the VIB sale now.. I probably will only buy a few things.

pandorablack

I love the Fifty Shades of Grey too. I saw the trailer in the movies last weekend. So excited for Feb.
I totally love it! I don't think it's an accurate picture of what BDSM really is (I've been involved in that scene for a number of years and it's nothing like the book in real life), but I liked it anyway. I have all three books in audio format on my phone. I've gone through them at least twice per book.