All Things Sephora

TwiggyPop

Man I agree with Montreal..   I am so glad they caught the anuerysm.  I wish we were in the same town, I want to come check on you and make sure you're ok.  I'll play dress up with your lil one while you rest!  I deal with bad migraines (prednisone was the bomb for a 3 day one I had) but nothing like this.  I hope your on the mend, and pray it gets better (HUGS) 
That is so sweet! Thank you so much! When the aneurysm happened I knew it right away. I didn't know what it was, but I knew something was really wrong. I was laying on my couch about to go to bed and out of nowhere there was a really loud pop in my head and sharp needle type pains started branching off from the crown of my skull and down my neck. I blacked out for a few seconds and my ears started ringing really bad. After that I couldn't see straight and things felt blurry. I tried to walk, but I was really weak and just felt off kilter. At the hospital I had a spinal tap and a CT scan and the aneurysm didn't rupture, but if they left it alone it probably would've ruptured soon so they had to have me in surgery within a few days. They didn't have to cut my head open, they just went up through my leg and put a coil type thing in the aneurysm to keep it from filling with blood again. The surgery was nothing, I just couldn't drive or go up and down my stairs for a couple days. The migraines are what's killing me. The neurologist put me on a prednisone pack, but it didn't help. I'm hoping my regular Dr can give me something to help on Monday until I go back to see my neurologist again. Wow, sorry for the drawn out sob story. Haha. Good news is I'm alive! I'm a fighter, always have and always will be.

TwiggyPop

Omg I haaaate my husband for that. Auditing my boxes. Wtf I'm working! Girl who you telling?! I just went to 3 Sephora's looking for that Becca under eye brightener! I may just get the Benefit erase paste and call it a day.
What Sephoras do you go to? A friend of mine just moved to NYC and has an interview at a Sephora right now.

TwiggyPop

My husband has a books/magazines obsession so every time he even looks like he's going to say something, I just mention his addiction and he tells me to do what makes me happy.  My garage is filled with storage bins of books that he's supposedly going to donate to the library one day.  Oh well, in the meantime, I order more makeup.  :haha:
My fiancé is like that with his shoes. He swears he's going to sell them for profit, but we had to buy a huge shelf case to hold all the shoes and he has more in the basement. I think he's hiding them from me now. Haha. I got so mad one day that I used his business account for one of my hauls at a CCO.

DMcG9

I am really struggling now because a month ago I had a brain aneurysm and if anyone knows what that is like, it is absolute HELL!! I've had a constant severe migraine since then and most days I can't even turn my lights on. Plus it's hard to remember a lot of things and I'm always tired. It's even worse when you have an almost 3 year old who genuinely thinks she's a princess. Haha
Twiggy! That is a lot of trauma to have gone through in the past little while. I am really sorry that you've been going through that and your recovery is difficult. I really hope your neurosurgeon can help with some medication that will alleviate your headache symptoms but won't leave you feeling doped up. If it is any consolation (commiseration?), I am struggling with residual brain fog from chemo and it drives me bonkers. I used to have a kick ass memory which was quite helpful for all the research I do for work and I don't know that I'll ever be the same. Even day to day I miss details that I know I have explicitly read or been told but sometimes it's just like words on the wind... Sometimes I feel like I live in LaLaLand.

Ernie

That is so sweet! Thank you so much! When the aneurysm happened I knew it right away. I didn't know what it was, but I knew something was really wrong. I was laying on my couch about to go to bed and out of nowhere there was a really loud pop in my head and sharp needle type pains started branching off from the crown of my skull and down my neck. I blacked out for a few seconds and my ears started ringing really bad. After that I couldn't see straight and things felt blurry. I tried to walk, but I was really weak and just felt off kilter. At the hospital I had a spinal tap and a CT scan and the aneurysm didn't rupture, but if they left it alone it probably would've ruptured soon so they had to have me in surgery within a few days. They didn't have to cut my head open, they just went up through my leg and put a coil type thing in the aneurysm to keep it from filling with blood again. The surgery was nothing, I just couldn't drive or go up and down my stairs for a couple days. The migraines are what's killing me. The neurologist put me on a prednisone pack, but it didn't help. I'm hoping my regular Dr can give me something to help on Monday until I go back to see my neurologist again. Wow, sorry for the drawn out sob story. Haha. Good news is I'm alive! I'm a fighter, always have and always will be.
I hope they find something to help you feel better.

msvluvsmac

My fiancé is like that with his shoes. He swears he's going to sell them for profit, but we had to buy a huge shelf case to hold all the shoes and he has more in the basement. I think he's hiding them from me now. Haha. I got so mad one day that I used his business account for one of my hauls at a CCO.
girlhaha.gif
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

That's my other addiction, shoes (along with pocketbooks). Now I've gotten my husband hooked and his shoe collection is growing. I'm kind of glad, because he doesn't say anything when I come in with at least 3 boxes of shoes every two weeks. Although, my makeup addition has kind of caused me to slow down with my shoe buying (for now). LOL.

msvluvsmac

You're in NJ though, right? I see it's on Ulta, but it wasn't earlier this week when I placed my order. I don't need to spend $50 at Ulta yet again and I want the Sephora discount! I called every single one in NYC that said they had it online.

My husband practically eats sushi every night while I eat whatever I make or find in the house. He actually calmed down on the comic books so I can't get him there, I think he downloads them though so I don't even see how many he's buying so it's not the same. I'm sorry, but I need to be happy, these things make me happy. Hahaha!
Yes, I'm in NJ but I go to any store in the tri-state area (NJ, PA and DE). I was at the JCP in Delaware (Christiana Mall) last night and they had some in stock. I don't know if they'd ship it to you or not.

Yeah, that's the only thing that stops me from ordering from Ulta and Macy's, the shipping costs, especially when I can get flash shipping with Sephora when I only want 1 or 2 items.

montREALady

Yes, I'm in NJ but I go to any store in the tri-state area (NJ, PA and DE). I was at the JCP in Delaware (Christiana Mall) last night and they had some in stock. I don't know if they'd ship it to you or not.

Yeah, that's the only thing that stops me from ordering from Ulta and Macy's, the shipping costs, especially when I can get flash shipping with Sephora when I only want 1 or 2 items.
Yeah Macy's, I pick up in store. Their shipping is ridiculous!

DILLIGAF

Ok I'm I better getting the Melt Dark Matters Stack rather than the KVD light and shade eye palette?

@TwiggyPop I'm sending your my best wishes and prayer for your speedy recovery.

TwiggyPop

:haha: A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  That's my other addiction, shoes (along with pocketbooks).  Now I've gotten my husband hooked and his shoe collection is growing.  I'm kind of glad, because he doesn't say anything when I come in with at least 3 boxes of shoes every two weeks.  Although, my makeup addition has kind of caused me to slow down with my shoe buying (for now).  LOL.
I went a little crazy with my Converse for a while, but the last pair I got was a little different and they're too small. I just haven't been able to make it back to Nordies to exchange them.

montREALady

OMG, yes. Today I saw a dress that I want from there but it's not available for in store pick up so I'm not ordering it. That defeats the whole purpose of buying it on sale.
Exaaactly. They need to get with the times. When Nordstrom started free shipping I think I cried in happiness. LOL!

dash4

FYI for Ulta platinum members - the Smashbox Double Exposure palette is 50% today only.. an online beauty steal.. So it is $26.. I want it for that shimmery burgundy shade.. Make sure you are logged in the site with your platinum membership or the discount wont show.. Also Urban Decays complexion primer potions are only $15.50 (reg. $31).. You get free shipping at $50..
Quoting myself if you plan on ordering from Ulta.. make sure to add these freebies to your bag - if your order is over $40

3 piece Strivectin gift with any $40 Ulta purchase:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2285681&productId=xlsImpprod11741113

AND

Murad 2 piece gift with any $40 Ulta purchase:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2284342&productId=xlsImpprod12292125

(And if you spend over $35 on Smashbox -- you get a free sample size primer)..