All Things Sephora

MAChostage

I'm NC44 and I didn't find a match in that foundation that I felt comfortable with.
I guess I should pose this question to everyone: Anyone know about the Kat Von D Tattoo foundation? I'm trying to figure out my shade. I'm 173 in MUFE HD, about NC45 in Mac. Anyone close who can tell me their shade in the KVD to help me guess mine?

looovemac

OMG I unlocked VIB Rouge
icon_eek.gif
how did that happen?!! I just turned VIB not even a month ago
hmm.gif
lol I am not looking forward for this months cc bill...

MissTT

Thanks for the help, ladies.
Was she high? Seriously I can't stand when people act like we're the blackest blacks who ever blacked. I avoided dept store counters for years b/c they'd hand me their darkest shade as if to say I was the blackest person they'd ever seen.

shontay07108

Was she high? Seriously I can't stand when people act like we're the blackest blacks who ever blacked. I avoided dept store counters for years b/c they'd hand me their darkest shade as if to say I was the blackest person they'd ever seen.
She was perfectly nice, but so damn clueless. I mean look at me. The darkest shade? Really? A toddler would match me better.

afulton

I don't know why I keep adding random things to my basket. I'm curious about the Dior ShimmerStar in Amber Diamond. Just how shimmery/glittery is this? I keep hearing so much about this product. Is it worth the hype?
It's gorgeous! One of my favorite highlighters.

MissTT

I swatched Amber Lights this week and I thought it was more glittery than shimmery. I was surprised, but I also heavily swatched. Not a glitterbomb just not what I expected.

Bcteagirl

OMG I unlocked VIB Rouge
icon_eek.gif
how did that happen?!! I just turned VIB not even a month ago
hmm.gif
lol I am not looking forward for this months cc bill...
Same thing happened to me very recently! Welcome to the club!
clapping.gif
I think it was the shopping spree with VIB 10% (Give me more lip, Benefit Calendar, Cliniqe black honey set, Bloggers favourites, etc) combined with VIB purchases.

meka72

@AmorePacificLuv, thanks for such a thorough review. Although I'm 41, I just started using serums and currently rotate between 3 (a retinol, a glycolic & hyaluronic and a vitamin C+E+Ferulic). I use a different one every night and usually take one night off to give my skin a break. I looked at the Ren serums before but didn't buy. Your glowing review has definitely put this serum in the queue.

Kaori

Anybody else have anything the desperately wish they had bought during VIB?
nah, not anymore, I kinda wish I got the LM palette, but then decided that pinks will be in Naked3 and for purples I would rather buy dior stylish move quint in the future X3 I'm happy sale finally ended and it's not tempting me, because one more package and my hubby will throw me out of house *jk*

KiKi Kontour

nope!! my wallet is sephora'd out. however I am tempted to use that new VIB code lol but im just gonna patiently wait for AFTER the holidays and raid the clearance/sales section!!! I just gotta feelin they'll be ALOT on my love list that'll be marked down!!

KiKi Kontour

Ok, now I am thinking about a brush (or two) during the coupon event.

When I am home Saturday I play with my makeup slowly over the day.

I have a Marcelle BB cream that was a gift. It is fairly nice. I waited quite a while (20min or more), then put my Laura Mercier powder over top. In some places (especially cheeks) it was not well blended. Blended as much as I could with the brush I have (Quo fondation brush). I didn't help much and only got worse when blush was applied.

a) Are you not supposed to put powders over BB cream?
b) If that is ok, what type of starter good blending brush from Sephora would you recommend for foundation/blush?

I have been investigating the Urban Decay optical, Tarte finish bamboo foundation, Sephora mineral brush powder #45, and the too faced powder poof.

Edit: Blended some with my bronzer brush, and it seemed a lot better, so it appears I do need a separate brush for that.

c) What type of a brush do you use for hilighters? I have the Too Faced hearts, and have been just using the same Quo foundation brush that I use for everything, not knowing much better. I am wondering if it is not doing the job quite right and comparison to Benefit liquid this am showed Benefit as the clear winner on me. If it is the brush, then the deck was stacked in its favour ;)
I always set my bb's with powder to knock off the shine I get from them

Bcteagirl

I managed to get the code through and invested in a makeupforever blending brush. After kicking myself repeatedly for not buying at least one specifically for blending brush after getting into foundations/concealers. Phew!

LinenWhite7

Did anyone see the Tarte 3-box set they are doing as the QVC Today's Special Value starting at midnight? It looks good.

1drfullycr8ed

I should have purchased the following:
Hourglass primer
Benefit Gimme Brow
REN Radiance Perfection Serum

Quote: Originally Posted by LinenWhite7

Did anyone see the Tarte 3-box set they are doing as the QVC Today's Special Value starting at midnight? It looks good.
Yes, I purchased it today. I saw a video of the products and swatches, and I knew I had to purchase it! Lol!

Cupquake03

My biggest regret is not getting the Hourglass Ambient Light Palette! I'm also still eyeballing these... Benefit Rockateur Blush Benefit "It's a Love Fest" set (If it comes back in stock or I find it at a store) Buxom Shimmer and Shake collection