All Things Sephora

MissTT

Where do you buy Amazing Cosmetics?
Sephora online, but Ulta has them in store so you can find your shade. I bought 14 in MUFE concealer and it was too dark. Guessing I'm 12. The Rep said its not meant for undereye which is where I had planned to use it.

futurestrength

nice haul! =)
Here is what I got in 3orders from FF and VIB sale:

Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head Twin-Pack Acne
Hello Kitty 3-Piece Brush Set
LORAC TANtalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo
Shiseido The Makeup Facial Cotton
Clarisonic Aria Anti-Aging Collection
Bite Beauty The Lip Kit
LAVANILA Mini Deo Trio
Tarte The Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag
NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition Promiscuous Lip Pencil Coffret
NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition Blush Coeur Battant
NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition Blush Day Dream
Versace Eau Fraîche Gift Set (still on fence about this one)
Philosophy Just Release Me™ Dual-Phase Oil-Free Makeup Remover (will return)
Buxom Passport Collection The Day Tripper Edition (will return)
Too Faced La Crème de La Crème Long Lasting Lip Collection (will return)
Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip (will return)

VIB Lips Tote
Stila Color Balm Lipstick / BI 100 PT
CLINIQUE Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm / BI 100 PT
Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat / BI 100 PT
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream / BI 100 PT
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 / samples
Escada Cherry In The Air / samples
Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT - Radiant Touch / samples
Hugo Boss BOSS BOTTLED NIGHT / samples
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme / samples
L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse / samples
Dolce & Gabbana The One / samples
CLEAN White Woods / samples
Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme / samples
OMG How did you find the Philosophy makeup remover? What made you decide to return it? I was debating that one but couldn't make up my mind.

Kaori

OMG How did you find the Philosophy makeup remover? What made you decide to return it? I was debating that one but couldn't make up my mind.
It was too drying for me and left little dry flakes, but it may be because it contains cucumber and my skin is sensitive to that. Other than that it removed eyemakeup fine and was not greasy at all =)

futurestrength

My haul
cheerleader.gif

F&F Sale
Nars Guy Bourdin One Night Stand
OCC Lip Tar Mini Set 4x
Clarisonic Mia

VIB Sale
Urban Decay Naked 2
OCC Pro's Picks Set V1.0
Sephora Lash Flirt-it Duo
Nars Nail Polish - Disco Inferno
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Duo
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead cleanser
Sephora Bulls Eye Lash Applicator
Sephora Favorites Draw The Line
Benefit High Brow
Benefit Cosmetics It's A Love Fest
MUFE Mist & Fix
Best Of Stila 500 pt perk
Sephora Collection Brush Cleanser
MUFE Eyelash Brush
Clarisonic Replacement Duo Acne Brushheads
Laura Mercier Artist Palette
Tarte Off the Cuff Blush Palette
Origins Skincare Must Haves

Making this list is actually freaking me out. I live in Canada so our shipping takes a long time, so I haven't even received any of the VIB sale stuff yet and now I'm kind of overwhelmed. I can't imagine how I'll react when all of this gets here. There's some Christmas gifts in here but still
icon_eek.gif
Oh my god....

shontay07108

I guess I should pose this question to everyone: Anyone know about the Kat Von D Tattoo foundation? I'm trying to figure out my shade. I'm 173 in MUFE HD, about NC45 in Mac. Anyone close who can tell me their shade in the KVD to help me guess mine?

Kaori

My haul
cheerleader.gif

F&F Sale
OCC Lip Tar Mini Set 4x
Clarisonic Mia

VIB Sale
Urban Decay Naked 2
OCC Pro's Picks Set V1.0
Benefit High Brow
MUFE Mist & Fix
MUFE Eyelash Brush

Making this list is actually freaking me out. I live in Canada so our shipping takes a long time, so I haven't even received any of the VIB sale stuff yet and now I'm kind of overwhelmed. I can't imagine how I'll react when all of this gets here. There's some Christmas gifts in here but still
icon_eek.gif
Oh my god....
nice! lol leave some of it for yourself for under christmass tree, then you wont feel bad XD

My haul
cheerleader.gif

F&F Sale
OCC Lip Tar Mini Set 4x
Clarisonic Mia

VIB Sale
Urban Decay Naked 2
OCC Pro's Picks Set V1.0
Benefit High Brow
MUFE Mist & Fix
MUFE Eyelash Brush

icon_eek.gif
Oh my god....
I know how you feel but you might not be so overwhelmed if you place each bundle of packing paper/tissue in a garbage as you go so it doesn't seem so bad. It sounds corny but it worked for me when I could afford less than now.

MissTT

I guess I should pose this question to everyone: Anyone know about the Kat Von D Tattoo foundation? I'm trying to figure out my shade. I'm 173 in MUFE HD, about NC45 in Mac. Anyone close who can tell me their shade in the KVD to help me guess mine?
PMd ya. This brand runs pink in our shade zone. Just like Hourglass which makes me so mad.

meka72

I must be the nosiest person in the world but I want to know what everybody got for the vib sale! It's like a non-video haul, lol. Here's what I got. Ren Radiance Perfection Serum (5 bottles to last all year long) Have you tried the Ren Radiance serum before? I'm interested in finding my HG serum and would live your thoughts, if you don't mind.

meka72

I'm between 175 & 177 in MUFE HD & NC50/MM 7.5. I have KVD foundation in shade 68. It is slightly too dark but I use a beauty blender so it sheers out the foundation. HTH!

DILLIGAF

I don't know why I keep adding random things to my basket. I'm curious about the Dior ShimmerStar in Amber Diamond. Just how shimmery/glittery is this? I keep hearing so much about this product. Is it worth the hype?

meka72

I don't know why I keep adding random things to my basket. I'm curious about the Dior ShimmerStar in Amber Diamond. Just how shimmery/glittery is this? I keep hearing so much about this product. Is it worth the hype?
Surprisingly, it was the only thing that I bought at the VIB sale (damn you life!!!). Although I've only used it a couple of times, I really like it. I'm NC50/MM7.5 and amber diamond does not appear too sparkly on me. I think it is more subtle for me than Nars albatross.

Bcteagirl

Ok, now I am thinking about a brush (or two) during the coupon event.

When I am home Saturday I play with my makeup slowly over the day.

I have a Marcelle BB cream that was a gift. It is fairly nice. I waited quite a while (20min or more), then put my Laura Mercier powder over top. In some places (especially cheeks) it was not well blended. Blended as much as I could with the brush I have (Quo fondation brush). I didn't help much and only got worse when blush was applied.

a) Are you not supposed to put powders over BB cream?
b) If that is ok, what type of starter good blending brush from Sephora would you recommend for foundation/blush?

I have been investigating the Urban Decay optical, Tarte finish bamboo foundation, Sephora mineral brush powder #45, and the too faced powder poof.

Edit: Blended some with my bronzer brush, and it seemed a lot better, so it appears I do need a separate brush for that.

c) What type of a brush do you use for hilighters? I have the Too Faced hearts, and have been just using the same Quo foundation brush that I use for everything, not knowing much better. I am wondering if it is not doing the job quite right and comparison to Benefit liquid this am showed Benefit as the clear winner on me. If it is the brush, then the deck was stacked in its favour ;)

deadSAVVY

I wear these same shades and I've tried Kat Von D's lock it liquid foundation in Medium 62 which was a little light but it works when you add Bronzer or mufe duo mat 214 to set it a bit. Medium 66 was too dark and I think the shade in between was too pink I don't remember lol. I returned my KVD because I don't need that kind of coverage I'm cool with mufe hd.

singer82

Going to an actual free standing Sephora today. If only it was during the sale! I just don't get down here much. Going to grab a few gifts. Maybe they'll have the LM palette! Not like I NEED it though lol

shontay07108

Well, I went to Sephora today to check out the KVD foundation. No satisfaction. I was thinking I was maybe 62, but that seemed a tad light. I asked for help and of course I get someone who knows nothing about my skintone. Homegirl tried to give me the two darkest shades?! Under what light did was she looking at me? She gave me samples of 2 shades in the 70s and I requested a sample of one of the 60s, can't remember exactly right now. I feel none of them are right. I know for a fact that one of them she insisted upon is too dark. I want full the full coverage for once in my life, but I feel it's best I go back to my trust MUFE HD. I can deal with the almost full coverage to have an exact color match. Man, it's hard out here to get undertones right. Especially when you're not light, but you're not dark. :eek:hboy: Thanks for the help, ladies.

Have you tried the Ren Radiance serum before? I'm interested in finding my HG serum and would live your thoughts, if you don't mind.
I don't mind sharing my thoughts on it at all; it's an amazing serum, I want to spread the news, lol. I was terriffed to try it at first because I have super oily skin that breaks out easily but this serum did not break me out. What I really loved about it is that I never had a an "adjustment period" to go through, it just worked beautifully from day one. This is definitely my holy grail serum; it keeps my skin really soft and never breaks me out. I'm not sure how other people apply the serum but I like to apply it right out of the shower, twice a day. I step out of the shower, pat my face dry and apply the serum while I'm still surrounded by bathroom steam. All I need is one pump of it and it covers my entire face, if there's any excess left on my hands I just apply it to my chest or the backs of my hands. Fair warning though, if you use this serum you have to be careful about sun exposure, always wear SPF if you're going to go out in the sun because this serum has vitamin c and it can makes your skin photosensitive. If you're looking for a HG serum this is it; it works with so many different skin types, doesn't cause break outs and it layers well under any moisturizer, even gel moisturizers. It sold out during the VIB sale for a few days and lots of people seem to love it. I just can't say enough good things about this serum. My only gripe is that it's difficult to get every last drop of the serum because it's a glass bottle with a narrow neck, so I have to buy those extra long Trish McEvoy q-tips to scoop the last bit from the bottom of the bottle. Otherwise, this is a great investment and it is as much a staple in my skincare regimen as my favorite cleanser, purity made simple.

cocodivatime

I was able to swatch the Laura Mercier stickgloss lipstick set. I must say that I'm glad that I passed on it during the VIB sale. The colors are nice but super sheer like a MAC lustre. I prefer more color in my lipstick or else I just throw on a gloss. But for those that like sheer color you may want to check it out

Bcteagirl

I was able to swatch the Laura Mercier stickgloss lipstick set. I must say that I'm glad that I passed on it during the VIB sale. The colors are nice but super sheer like a MAC lustre. I prefer more color my lipstick or else I just throw on a gloss. But for those that like sheer color you may want to check it out
There was one in Give me More Lip and I agree it is super super sheer. Which is too bad, I wanted to love their lip gloss.