All Things Sephora

msvluvsmac

She's the type of SA who will get an absolute glowing review from me when I do the ones from the receipts. Or I'll personally let the manager know, if she's there. I truly dislike when the SAs aren't busy, nobody is in the store, and they can't be bothered to check the back for me. Like, I get they might just work there for money and not care about makeup... especially here in a college town where people will take any part time job. But some of them give me attitude, like I'm asking them to do some crazy favor for me. I don't find it necessary. A sale is a sale!
iagree.gif
I think I've only run into a couple of SAs who have that attitude. I'm glad you said something about the UDPP. I meant to order that with my order. Thank God for free flash shipping.
girlhaha.gif

The YouTube blogger is XSPARKAGE. She did separate reviews for lips, primers, shadows and blushes.

TwiggyPop

:haha: Enjoy! Oh my....Lowes :thud: :eek:hboy: I've bought SOOOO many new pots & plants...hubs is going to ban me from going there. :D I just can't help myself when I see pretty plants.
#%%#?!!#!!!!! Would you believe I just got coupons in the mail from Lowes TODAY! I could've saved a bunch of money.

TwiggyPop

Ooh, what blogger? I'd like to check that out! I agree, I hate that the "in store" feature is not accurate. Why bother with it then? They need to fix that system/database thing. Luckily, most of the SAs at my store are really sweet and a few of them are just as passionate about makeup as I am. When I was there yesterday one of the SAs remembered I was looking for the new cheek pops a few days back. She said, "they're in the back! Let me get them for you!" Without me even asking. She helped me go through them all and open them to look at the colors. She also grabbed the new UDPPs from the back for me. I got enigma. Can't pass up a sale and also 100% proceeds of that PP goes to charity :) She's the type of SA who will get an absolute glowing review from me when I do the ones from the receipts. Or I'll personally let the manager know, if she's there. I truly dislike when the SAs aren't busy, nobody is in the store, and they can't be bothered to check the back for me. Like, I get they might just work there for money and not care about makeup... especially here in a college town where people will take any part time job. But some of them give me attitude, like I'm asking them to do some crazy favor for me. I don't find it necessary. A sale is a sale!
When I worked at Sephora there was only one other girl that loved makeup as much as I did, everyone else just saw it as a job. The funny thing is that we looked alike too so if my regulars came in thinking she was me she could still help them just as much and vice versa. The other girls thought it was funny that any time we were sold out of something they could just come to me and I could tell them a dupe off the top of my head. I miss working with makeup so bad that I'm seriously thinking of taking up a couple days a week at the CCO. It doesn't pay much, but I don't need the money, I just want to play with makeup and get the discount. Haha.

SatelliteDrmr

I want the MUFE palettes so bad!!!! Do I need them? Heck no! Between all of the UD palettes that I own, I'm sure I have dupes of every colour. Also, I hardly ever wear shadow anymore, just liners. I've just wanted to try the MUFE new shadows for so long, but resisted, as the old formula used to irritate my eyes really badly.

If I can hold out for today, I'll be able to resist, as the sale will be over.

eta: I just did the math on the product value. Resistance is futile. These are the weight of about 7.5 regular size shadows.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Welp... Luminous Light might be going back… The in-store swatch of the product was insanely pretty but at home it's pretty but not "wow" (my powder is in the old packaging, I wonder if they reformulated something) and it's not extra special. I think it's Radiant Light and Dim Light for the win. LM Ritual is going back too…

montREALady

I think I'm going to get the Smashbox Halo liquid foundation instead of Nars Trinidad...plus it comes with the pump! A great makeup artist works at Macy's (he does Iman's makeup every day) just told me that the reason why Nars doesn't put the pump is because it oxidizes the foundation (air gets in) whereas Smashbox paid for the technology in their pump where product goes out but doesn't get back in. He worked with the guy from Nars and was his assistant. So he recommended both. Smashbox has something Nars doesn't though...the primers or actually maybe it was the pore minimizers? Oh and I'm going to need their Primer Water. Wish I saw this guy before the sale ended at Sephora for bi's!!

MissElle12

Has anyone tried the Ardency Inn American Custom Coverage Concentrate? It's a similar concept to the CoverFX Cover Drops but Medium-Deep Golden looks like it may be a better match for my complexion -- or maybe I'm delusional, seeing things or both. Why isn't this carried in my local stores? :unsure:
I have Deep Beige and I like it!! I probably won't use as much now since the weather is warming up, but I used it on my Bday back in December and I loved how it turned out.

SatelliteDrmr

I broke down and ordered the MUFE palettes. After Temptalia showed what a good value they were, and also organized the swatches all together so nicely, I was done.

DILLIGAF

I will be getting the MUFE nude palette. I only had one of the colors in it in my personal stash. The bright one I had at least 4.

elegant-one

Then I had to figure out how to get everything in my car while it was raining. Haha
Oh, the watering can & rake are SO adorable! That is so fun that she loves to help.

YES, I was running around outside at Lowes in the rain & wind too
ohboy.gif
& trying to figure out the puzzle of getting it all into the SUV. It was a bit annoying.I LOVE Dogwood trees but they take forever to grow. I bought a bunch of pink & white azalea bushes, pansies & petunias. I get all excited & usually do it too early, then we get a frost & I have to drag the pots in & cover the others.

Unless some of the backordered items pop back in, I'm done
amuse.gif

montREALady

LMAO at everything.. I do like Tyme. Ppl talk shit about her, but she doesn't bother me.

I didn't try the concealers on b/c I had makeup on, so I wasn't sure which shade I'd like. I'm going to test them out today.

I prefer dark matter. More pigmented. I'm actually going to return the palette, b/c the only shades I'd use are from the warm side. It's a waste for me.

nc 43? LOL

I actually mimght get this wen it comes back.

Soo pretty! I'm interested in those powders now.

YSL lip trios?
Oh my I'm trying to ignore those.
I've been NW45 since the 90's but recently have been looking at it like "WTF is this?" compared to my complexion. Got kind of re-matched a few weeks ago and she tells me it looks like I'm more of a NC43 (I had makeup on...as usual). I can't with them. Becca concealers I love using my fingers to apply.

laurennnxox

iagree.gif
I think I've only run into a couple of SAs who have that attitude. I'm glad you said something about the UDPP. I meant to order that with my order. Thank God for free flash shipping.
girlhaha.gif

The YouTube blogger is XSPARKAGE. She did separate reviews for lips, primers, shadows and blushes.
I'll have to check out her videos!

I hope you like the UDPP. I like the color better than Eden. Blends into my eyelid better!

laurennnxox

Ooooh, Im curious to try these. Should I order one *for science* while the sale is still going on? LOL

http://www.temptalia.com/becca-beach-tint-lip-shimmer-souffle-for-summer-2015

DLuxJessica

Ooooh, Im curious to try these. Should I order one *for science* while the sale is still going on? LOL

http://www.temptalia.com/becca-beach-tint-lip-shimmer-souffle-for-summer-2015
FOR SCIENCE!!!!
poke.gif

If it's for science... it's practically your DUTY to order one. Marie Curie would TOTALLY back you up on this.

TwiggyPop

I got my goodies!!! :pompom: Plus I also got my package from a fellow specktrette that I ordered from last week. I love everything! I am so excited I'm actually giggling. Haha. I didn't try on Lolita just yet, I just swatched it on my hand, but I'm liking the staying power. I just hope I like the color on me. The star of the order is Becca pressed Opal so thank you ladies for talking me into it. :eyelove: I love the texture of it.