All Things Sephora

msvluvsmac

I was really terrible this week. I failed to mention The Target makeup bag haul and the hautelook embryolisse purchase.*sighs* I need a seat. 
Girl, you're not alone, I need a seat right next to you. I added my total makeup purchases since the sale started and I don't need to buy another thing until next year's sale.

TwiggyPop

I just used my line on him as I was opening my box! He's like, "I see all these boxes coming in and none are microwaves" (ours broke), I'm like, "Can I get those at Sephora? I've been using my gift card" :rofl: I have a 2 yr old too. Going on 16. She's going to lead me to take drugs. Help.
LOL!! I know, I really shouldn't be spending ANY money since our tie wall is falling in. If that falls in it'll cover our sidewalk and we'll be screwed. I'll be digging myself out with a compact.

TwiggyPop

God, I remember the days when Stila and Hard Candy were great... my high school days. 
I used to drool over Hard Candy nail polish when I was young. I could never afford it, but I knew the name of every color! Trailer Trash was silver. Haha. And they had cheap little rings on the tops of the bottles.

montREALady

I ended up with the nudes but I'm not hearing great things about the new ABH palette. I'm thinking about returning it for the KVD shade and light eye palette. However I keep flip flopping between it and the Melt Dark Matters stack.
I love both of the melt stacks and Dark Matter is definitely my favorite of the two. They're so pigmented and smooth. I'm not surprised about ABH at all.
I used the palette today, just a quick something with the brush they provided, which I don't get, it's not the same brush as the blogger palettes. I didn't try any of the bright colors. I liked the colors I used. What have you been hearing?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Stila was mine too. I was at the Sephora in the Venetian on the Vegas strip and I got a Hard Candy quad (back when it was still high end) and Stila Barefoot Contessa eyeshadow.
I also had one of the early Hard Candy palettes (and I still have a lot of them, although I've given away about 3 or 4)!!

In the early days my "collection" all throughout high school consisted of some Mary Kay products, Stila eye shadows in Cassis and Jezebel, a Stila All Over Shimmer Powder and the aforementioned lip gloss palette, the Disco and Moody Hard Candy palettes, one UD blush, a Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick and Basic Brown powder, and MAC shadows in Vex and Trax, MAC blushes in Reed and Revenge and the Silver Dusk Iridescent Loose powder all housed in a gem blue Caboddle. Ah the good ole days.

Twinkle_Twinkle

AMAZING haul!!!!
Thank you! But Mood Exposure and Rose Gold SSP are going back. I might keep Mood Exposure. I'll play around with it a little more tonight. With the amount of money I've dropped in the last several weeks on cosmetics I have to SWOON over every item or it has to go back.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Some of my first shadows were from Stila. The colors were Wheat, Java and Storm. They came in that cardboard packaging.
The cardboard yes! And I have all of those shades. Such a nice silky, sheer formula. Stila was once grand. There were a lot of nice, ultra feminine, cutesy brands back in the day like Bloom, and DuWop that have all but disappeared or gone way downhill.
Quote: Originally Posted by msvluvsmac

By the way Medgal07, I wore my new LM Ritual today and it was
love.gif
thanks to your
poke.gif
Ritual!!!!!

Edit:
I keep hoping that the out of stock UD eye shadows will magically restock before the code expires…

montREALady

Speaking of drugstore. Have you tired the Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous? I recently noticed that my local Bed Bath & Beyond had gotten rid of Cover Girl so it was $3.49 and I had a coupon. If you can wear Nars Sheer Glow in Trinidad I think you can wear CG RSG in shade 315 Tawny. So did I.... so did I. :shock:  
Found it at Target. I'll check it out. I also saw this, http://m.target.com/p/covergirl-outlast-stay-fabulous-3-in-1-foundation/-/A-14309377?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=14309377&CPNG=Health+Beauty&kpid=14309377&LID=17pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14309377&kpid=14309377&gclid=CjwKEAjwjd2pBRDB4o_ymcieoAQSJABm4egokFRD3roKCu2fGmBiMACvagNqIVwMQvfJjzUw8RLS_xoCpeTw_wcB
I was really terrible this week. I failed to mention The Target makeup bag haul and the hautelook embryolisse purchase.*sighs* I need a seat. 
Man you say Target and I cringed remembering my baby haul on Sunday for Lilly Pulitzer. Started off just wanting the jumper and sandals for my daughter then in the store things ended up in my cart even after all the makeup I bought last week! :'(
(Clothes are hers and her sandals were ordered online so not in photo)
Had to get that L'Oreal lipstick for the packaging

Jill1228

Found it at Target. I'll check it out. I also saw this, http://m.target.com/p/covergirl-outlast-stay-fabulous-3-in-1-foundation/-/A-14309377?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=14309377&CPNG=Health+Beauty&kpid=14309377&LID=17pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14309377&kpid=14309377&gclid=CjwKEAjwjd2pBRDB4o_ymcieoAQSJABm4egokFRD3roKCu2fGmBiMACvagNqIVwMQvfJjzUw8RLS_xoCpeTw_wcB Man you say Target and I cringed remembering my baby haul on Sunday for Lilly Pulitzer. Started off just wanting the jumper and sandals for my daughter then in the store things ended up in my cart even after all the makeup I bought last week! :'(
(Sandals ordered online so not in photo)
Had to get that L'Oreal lipstick for the packaging
Yup, I had too much fun getting Lilly for Target...

Twinkle_Twinkle

I used to drool over Hard Candy nail polish when I was young. I could never afford it, but I knew the name of every color! Trailer Trash was silver. Haha. And they had cheap little rings on the tops of the bottles.
My high school roommate used HC nail polish! They were really cute colors. And I remember one shade was Drew Barrymore's favorite, a sky blue color. We are really skipping down memory lane here.

montREALady

Lol! The gift that keeps on giving :lol: Mine is the same way. I don't know where she gets the sass. We're having another little girl in a few weeks. I can only imagine what life will be like when they hit their teens. :doomed:
Lmaoooo! I know. I then said "Hint hint. Mother's Day is coming up" Hahaha. I won't mind another gc. Oh are you?! Congrats! And good luck! Hahaha :D

meka72

Sounds like you did the only reasonable thing to do to make your day better. lol.
I am $527 away.  And damn you for telling me the code still works.  I had a crap day yesterday (shattered iPhone screen).  I am here killing time at the apple store waiting for my stuff to transfer over to my new replacement phone.  So, what should I do while I wait... PLACE AN ORDER!  I ordered  2 of the new Urban Decay blushes.   Did I mention that an order arrived this morning? It is in my pocketbook (Marc Jacobs Scandal lipstick and 2 of the new Urban Decay lip glosses) I do the same thing too.  I sold stuff on eBay and used my PayPal debit card to place to order He will be none the wiser :) Hope this backup is done soon.  It is a long drive for me.  I am in Richmond right now.  I live in Newport News

Medgal07

Thank you! But Mood Exposure and Rose Gold SSP are going back. I might keep Mood Exposure. I'll play around with it a little more tonight. With the amount of money I've dropped in the last several weeks on cosmetics I have to SWOON over every item or it has to go back.
Oh I hear that!!!!

Medgal07

BTW---who turned off spring???? It's 40 degrees and I'm shivering. Early planters cover those babies tonight! We have a frost warning! Sad thing is, when I'm cold, I shop
girlhaha.gif

shontay07108

I used the palette today, just a quick something with the brush they provided, which I don't get, it's not the same brush as the blogger palettes. I didn't try any of the bright colors. I liked the colors I used. What have you been hearing?
I've read that the colors are powdery and patchy. The brights especially. It's stuff that I've seen in passing on instagram and I think one or two on Temptalia. I think there's a yellow in that palette and that seems hard for any brand to pull of really. I'm glad you enjoy it, it's just my enthusiasm for ABH has died after trying so much of her stuff. I like the customized contour palette I got and again, the brow stuff and there are a couple of shades in the 2 palettes I bought that were nice, but eh.

montREALady

Why are you returning the rose gold?

DILLIGAF

Same as Shontay, issues with patchiness etc. I have tha lavish palette and i love that one. I have single shadows and i love them. I'll make up my mind when it gets here. If i dont love it, I'm getting the KVD shade and light eye palette instead.
The cardboard yes! And I have all of those shades. Such a nice silky, sheer formula. Stila was once grand. There were a lot of nice, ultra feminine, cutesy brands back in the day like Bloom, and DuWop that have all but disappeared or gone way downhill.  Ritual!!!!!  Edit:  I keep hoping that the out of stock UD eye shadows will magically restock before the code expires… 
i still have java and wheat.

shontay07108

The code is still working. Someone hold me. I swear if the nail polishes didn't ship standard I would buy up some more Nails Inc colors, but alas. My sale Haul: Nails Inc Victoria Beckham-Bamboo White Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm Lancome Definicils Mascara Sephora Pro Easel (Awesome and I need another b/c I have so many brushes :shocked:) Rosebud Rose & Mandarin Lip Balm Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow-I628 Make Up For Ever Plexi Gloss-304, 501 Bite Beauty Lip Lab Limited Release-005 Stella McCartney Stella Gift Set Nails Inc Nailkale-Abbey Road Benefit Erase Paste (went back, another failed experiment to help my terrible bags) Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion-35I (pretty sure it's going back) Urban Decay Shadow-Lounge Urban Decay Afterglow Blush-Bang ETA I forgot Nails Inc Swan Street. I was copying from my purchase list and for some reason that one is missing. I only remembered b/c I'm wearing it now. It's amazing.