All Things Sephora

boschicka

So I'm currently digging through my stack of old receipts to find the one for my Stila Nouveau Natural Eye Shadow Palette. I have that MUFE Artist Palette in Nudes and it makes me what to get rid of one of my other nude palettes that are just sitting there.. I have

• Naked
  • Naked 3
  • Chocolate Bar
  • 3 ABH palettes that are pretty much nude
  • KVD Ladybird
  • Lorac Unzipped
  • Lorac Unzipped Gold
  • KVD Monarch Palette
  • Too Faced Natural Eyes

See that I mean and that's not even all. However in true make up addict fashion I don't want to do a straight return. I would like to exchange for something else. I was thinking another MUFE Trio, a Marc Jacobs palette, another Armani Eye Tint? Any suggestions?
All good options. Do you already own any MJ palettes or GA eye tints?

Medgal07

"Get both", hmmm lol
You cannot be surprised by my response---it's my motto, after all
greengrin.gif

Medgal07

I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with the Marc Jacobs Highliner crayons? I saw T's swatch of Orange Crush and decided I need an orange liner in my life. Are the MJ ones any good? I've eyes that water easily so some staying power is a must for me! Opinions?
That orange caught my eye and piqued my interest too, Anneri!
sigh.gif

msvluvsmac

I know, it's like I barely buy clothes for myself as much as I used to. I guess part of it is because they outgrow theirs, so every season I get to shop
girlhaha.gif
I can't believe you have such grown kids!
I remember those days. Girl, all I would wear was sweats on the weekends and I would have my set work outfits for during the week. I wouldn't have time to put on much makeup so I just put on eyeliner, mascara, maybe a little blush and lipstick. I only had one tube of lipstick and I would just wear that until it was gone and then buy the same color again.
pretty.gif
I would hardly ever wear makeup on the weekends, now I have to have something on.

I can't believe how time has gone by. Sometimes I miss when they were little but then I start thinking how tired I was all the time lol. It was all about them and now it's all about me. It's nice being able to treat myself. I love it when they're all home, it's just like old times. We still have family vacations every year which is fun. Enjoy your time with your little ones because it goes fast!

MsGlossy

For real. A lot of them think that because we're coming in there we don't know what we're doing.

I know, it's like I barely buy clothes for myself as much as I used to. I guess part of it is because they outgrow theirs, so every season I get to shop
girlhaha.gif
I can't believe you have such grown kids!

Thanks! Exactly! Bang, I have a similar one from NYX and it's also the real deal, super pigmented and can head to homey-status if you don't blend properly. Maybe when the UD blushes are actually in Sephora I can compare them. Has anyone spotted them in any stores?

I think I will too, but I wish I could refill the little one, hahaha, it's so cute!

Hahaha @ "the sake of 'science'"! TBH, I really like how the bold eye, cheek and lips look. Though I'm someone who doesn't always do the bold eye means a neutral lip thing or vice versa. I do whatever I want as long as I think it looks good.

Thanks!

These need to get in the store already! And you're right, those colors are good on our skin. This is the NYX one:
I like the look! I only commented on the lippie and blush because I was waiting patiently to see the swatches. I have a one-track mind sometimes.
friends.gif

Anneri

Actually I didn't notice but now I'm interested.
Don't know why it didn't quote the first part of what you said?!
But I have that too! I leave the house and my eyes start to water. So annoying. Usually I just use a liner/eyeshadow combo and hope for the best. What liners do hold up well for you?

DLuxJessica

I have to say, I'm enjoying all these fragrance samples I've been accumulating from Sephora, Ulta and Nordstrom! I have a whole makeup bag full. Needless to say, I need a rollerball one to take advantage of Sephora's 3x points promo. I think I'm getting Chloe...Smelled a Tocca one from the sample envelope Sephora sent promoting the sale and it's so nice! I have to see which one it is. Love Gucci Premiere. La Vie Est Belle. Always loved Clinique Happy. Smelled Black Opium today (free with code on Sephora) and I like it but I'm going to get a more Spring/Summer scent. Went to Sephora today and saw that they have their "Fragrance Favs" in a package for $24 but you can bring in a voucher from inside the box to get a free rollerball. But they're regular sample sizes and I'm sure I have those at home so it's not worth it. I don't have a signature scent so I think rollerballs are the way to go for me. I still have perfumes from many moons ago that aren't done. I pretty much killed off Miss Dior though, it's starting to go bad now
cry.gif
(was a perfume fanatic but when I started having kids I slowed down, didn't want to many fragrances around them).
Have you ever sniffed Tocca Florence? It's one of my fav Spring/Summer scents. I stray from it all the time (I love perfume and switch mine up frequently), but I always come back to it. Another Spring/Summer I'm currently obsessed with is Flowerhead, by Byredo. Not available at Sephora, but definitely worth a sniff if you come across it.

montREALady

I like the look! I only commented on the lippie and blush because I was waiting patiently to see the swatches. I have a one-track mind sometimes.  :frenz:  
Ha! Thx. I was more or less talking generally anyway. Hehehe. When you see a pic of yourself you can really analyze. I at first did the blush and matching lipstick to post here but then ended up liking them together when I saw the pic, lol. Same with the shadow, it's pink mainly but in the pic it looks purple which can be overkill, but I liked that too. Plus the look matched my sneaks :lol:
Have you ever sniffed Tocca Florence? It's one of my fav Spring/Summer scents. I stray from it all the time (I love perfume and switch mine up frequently), but I always come back to it. Another Spring/Summer I'm currently obsessed with is Flowerhead, by Byredo. Not available at Sephora, but definitely worth a sniff if you come across it. 
No I haven't, I'll have to check it out. It's Isabel the one I like, just checked. Don't remember if I saw it in a rollerball. Ooh, I'll look out for it. I like Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf too, you just reminded me, hehe.
Don't know why it didn't quote the first part of what you said?! But I have that too! I leave the house and my eyes start to water. So annoying. Usually I just use a liner/eyeshadow combo and hope for the best. What liners do hold up well for you?
I honestly feel like none. Though I haven't been wearing waterproof liners like usual. I can tell you the Sephora waterproof retractable liner did jack squat for me yesterday. I looked like I had a black eye! In the past my Avon waterproof Glimmersticks worked. I need to dig those out. Actually I wore a UD waterproof 24/7 one today and that did well too. Just a PSA, the new Lucky Mag is the beauty issue so I suspect I'll be in here often asking if anyone has seen/tried something :D First up, I saw it today in Sephora actually, Lancome's Miracle Cushion Liquid Cushion Compact. It literally has a cushion in it for "pressure controlled release of the perfect amount of ultra-smooth fluid". What's next? Oh the Sephora in Time Sq has all the new Cheek Pops. I'm also digging Clinique's foundation/concealer with the big doe-foot applicator. Tried it in store today. Pissed the Nordstrom sale is over.

montREALady

I remember those days.  Girl, all I would wear was sweats on the weekends and I would have my set work outfits for during the week.  I wouldn't have time to put on much makeup so I just put on eyeliner, mascara, maybe a little blush and lipstick.  I only had one tube of lipstick and I would just wear that until it was gone and then buy the same color again.  :pretty:   I would hardly ever wear makeup on the weekends, now I have to have something on. I can't believe how time has gone by.  Sometimes I miss when they were little but then I start thinking how tired I was all the time lol.  It was all about them and now it's all about me.  It's nice being able to treat myself. I love it when they're all home, it's just like old times.  We still have family vacations every year which is fun. Enjoy your time with your little ones because it goes fast! 
I try to look decent but I usually go out with no makeup on for errands. My sister can't go to Target without a full face. I need a happy medium nowadays. I wake up tired and stay that way all day. Hence the chronic bags under my eyes! Must be nice doing stuff for yourself. Awww, family vacays. Do you do cruises?

novocainedreams

I wake up tired and stay that way all day. Hence the chronic bags under my eyes! Must be nice doing stuff for yourself. Awww, family vacays. Do you do cruises?
*HUGS* I can relate, I have chronic exhaustion due to medical problems, I love putting on and wearing makeup but a lot of the time I am too tired to get myself up early enough to make time for it, hence I am usually running out the door, but I try to at the least buff on my mineral foundation and a little blush and pop a lipstick on in the car, just to make myself feel good. And on the days I can I go all out, hah, but it is a bummer when you feel too tired to even do something you enjoy!

msvluvsmac

I try to look decent but I usually go out with no makeup on for errands. My sister can't go to Target without a full face. I need a happy medium nowadays. I wake up tired and stay that way all day. Hence the chronic bags under my eyes! Must be nice doing stuff for yourself. Awww, family vacays. Do you do cruises?
No we haven't done cruises. My husband has been trying to get me to go on one but I have issues about being out on the water. Lol. We're planning on going to an island next year for our anniversary.

montREALady

No we haven't done cruises. My husband has been trying to get me to go on one but I have issues about being out on the water. Lol. We're planning on going to an island next year for our anniversary.
I can't swim but I quite enjoyed the 2 cruises I've been on. You get to visit many islands you can potentially take a land vacay on. It's like scouting for a land vacay!
*HUGS* I can relate, I have chronic exhaustion due to medical problems, I love putting on and wearing makeup but a lot of the time I am too tired to get myself up early enough to make time for it, hence I am usually running out the door, but I try to at the least buff on my mineral foundation and a little blush and pop a lipstick on in the car, just to make myself feel good. And on the days I can I go all out, hah, but it is a bummer when you feel too tired to even do something you enjoy!
Sorry to hear that. I've honestly been putting more of an effort into it. Worse now because of Specktra and I find myself excited about makeup again. After my daughter it took me a while to adjust and have the zeal to bother with putting together cool outfits or full makeup. I just felt so tired. For work I always wore foundation/powder and everything else, but I'm doing a little more now. Errands, I may brush my brows but I always try to put on a gloss at least, haha!

TwiggyPop

I have two girls and a boy.  My daughters stick to me like glue even though they are young ladies and even though they are major daddy's girls.  We have a lot of fun together (although they don't understand my makeup addiction . . lol).  They were a lot of work when they were growing up because girls are more emotional and my son was so easy because he was happy as long as he was fed and had some toys or video games around.  The dynamic between you and your son will change as he grows and it's a wonderful relationship to have.  I can't even explain it but a mother has a special place in her heart for her son.  Now that he's older, my son is very protective of me.  He's away at college now but he still calls or texts once a week to check on me.  Sometimes my husband gets jealous because he doesn't hear from him as often but I tell him he knows that I need to know he's alright and then I'm good. 
I was going to mention that too. Boys get protective of their mothers. My cousin had her son when she was 17 and had a really hard time raising him, but he's 23 now and he's the one keeping her together while she's going through a divorce.

elegant-one

The gloss rubbed off a bit because I drank water, etc. But I like the feel of it, not sticky and very opaque. And the little one is soooo adorable, though weird to apply since the wand is so short, hahaha! I lined with a Nicka K Dark Orchid purple liner (beauty supply store brand). I may look into some other glosses.
I think you look absolutely fabulous here!!! LOVE your hair here too!!!!

Hey, when I go out without makeup - BIG dark sunglasses & a beautiful red, fuchsia or something wow lipstick - that's it!....Well, I wear clothes too lol.