All Things Sephora

Mayanas

Ipsy or Birchbox?
Ipsy
peace2.gif

MsGlossy

Ipsy or Birchbox?
I've never tried Ipsy but by vote would be for Birchbox since you can review the items in your box each month and earn $5 in Birchbox credits. I cashed in my credits to get 2 BeautyBlender twin-packs. They also had a promo code for a free Pure BeautyBlender with a $40 BB purchase so I got that too! With the points you earn it's like paying $5 per box...says my inner accountant.
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

Quick question: Ipsy or Birchbox?
Ipsy :peace:
I've never tried Ipsy but by vote would be for Birchbox since you can review the items in your box each month and earn $5 in Birchbox credits. I cashed in my credits to get 2 BeautyBlender twin-packs. They also had a promo code for a free Pure BeautyBlender with a $40 BB purchase so I got that too! With the points you earn it's like paying $5 per box...says my inner accountant. :haha:
I do Ipsy. Not even sure why I chose it over bb. Maybe cost? Question, the fragrance promo, triple points for the fragrance portion of an order or the whole order as long as there is a fragrance in it? I feel like in the past it was the latter but reading it now, it looks like the former?

MsGlossy

Question, the fragrance promo, triple points for the fragrance portion of an order or the whole order as long as there is a fragrance in it? I feel like in the past it was the latter but reading it now, it looks like the former?
Both subscriptions are $10 per month.

In the past the triple points used to apply to your entire purchase, but they updated the system last year. Now, the triple points is only on the actual qualifying item.

montREALady

I did a Google search and I read that ipsy is more for makeup and birchbox for skincare. Don't know how true that is, but I think I might try ipsy. I like the look of their site.
Ipsy is great, I really have found some good stuff through it and if you like a product, you can get a discount on the full size. The little bags are fun too. I've been using one as my makeup bag in my handbag since last year. The rest have become a collection :lol: I mean $10? It was a no-brainer for me. Fill out the questionnaire and you get products tailored to that. For the most part... I sometimes get a product I don't care for.

montREALady

Both subscriptions are $10 per month. In the past the triple points used to apply to your entire purchase, but they updated the system last year. Now, the triple points is only on the actual qualifying item.
I may have to get bb too then, lol. I think it was the skincare angle that didn't interest me, but I'm getting older :rofl: Okay thanks!

YarahFlower

I have two girls and a boy.  My daughters stick to me like glue even though they are young ladies and even though they are major daddy's girls.  We have a lot of fun together (although they don't understand my makeup addiction . . lol).  They were a lot of work when they were growing up because girls are more emotional and my son was so easy because he was happy as long as he was fed and had some toys or video games around.  The dynamic between you and your son will change as he grows and it's a wonderful relationship to have.  I can't even explain it but a mother has a special place in her heart for her son.  Now that he's older, my son is very protective of me.  He's away at college now but he still calls or texts once a week to check on me.  Sometimes my husband gets jealous because he doesn't hear from him as often but I tell him he knows that I need to know he's alright and then I'm good. 
My mom keeps warning me to be careful what I ask for lol.. girls are challenging, but our awesomeness makes up for the challenge! My son is 7 and is already SO protective over me, he gets it from his dad. I'm enjoying him at this age, and I look forward to our relationship growing and maturing the way you spoke about you and your son! God Willing :heart:

YarahFlower

There have been many times where I've wanted to purchase a high end facial primer...I never do because honestly I have not found ONE that justifies the price tag, or fulfills its claims. So I just collect samples, lol. I don't do drugstore primers because all have broke me out :sigh: I'm interested in the MUFE ones but not sure yet...any thoughts?

stormborn

Does anyone know if SiJCP has different fragrance sampler sets than regular stores? If anyone happens to visit one and wouldn't mind snapping a pic of the box (if there is one), I would be very grateful! Trying to plan my cross-border shopping. *birdman hand rub*

montREALady

Hi ladies! Black pro Beauty Blender, pink regular...? Is the Real Techniques one comparable? Thanks. I've been using ones I got on Amazon and my Avon one. Just want to see what the hype is about I guess. But if RT is just as good I'll do that, lol. I can buy like 3 of them to equal 1 bb :D

TwiggyPop

I do Ipsy. Not even sure why I chose it over bb. Maybe cost? Question, the fragrance promo, triple points for the fragrance portion of an order or the whole order as long as there is a fragrance in it? I feel like in the past it was the latter but reading it now, it looks like the former?
Just for the fragrance.

TwiggyPop

There have been many times where I've wanted to purchase a high end facial primer...I never do because honestly I have not found ONE that justifies the price tag, or fulfills its claims. So I just collect samples, lol. I don't do drugstore primers because all have broke me out :sigh: I'm interested in the MUFE ones but not sure yet...any thoughts?
One of the sephora weekly specials was a deluxe sample of your choice of MUFE primer for a $25 purchase. I would try it to see if you like it. I got the smoothing primer and it's my favorite one yet.